2239 5 2015-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Should I have Cache Map on in the background?
does this need to be on? can someone explain in laymens terms what it does exactly,

thanks all.
2015-4-16
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

Caching the map will save the maps so that they can be viewed in app when no internet connection is available. You should turn this setting on if you will not have internet connection when flying. To do this, turn it on in settings. Then go into the map in the app and find the area you will be flying. Zoom into that area as far is it will let you zoom and also the area around the location (just to be safe). If you have Internet connection then don't worry about this setting.
2015-4-16
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

tpallai Posted at 2015-4-17 05:44
Caching the map will save the maps so that they can be viewed in app when no internet connection is  ...

Yes -- what tpallai said. The only thing I'll add is that you generally only need to cache maps if the iOS or Android device you are using only has WiFi (i.e. does not have an active cellular connection). So you need to cache the map of your flight location in advance, while connected to WiFi, so the map is on your device when you arrive at your flight location.
2015-4-16
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

tpallai Posted at 2015-4-17 05:44
Caching the map will save the maps so that they can be viewed in app when no internet connection is  ...

thanks guys really appretaiate it
2015-4-16
Use props
peter
New

United States

Question, once you have cache your maps, if I un-click cache maps then my cached maps should  still be available?
2015-7-17
Use props
j30trouble
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

My DJI go app for IOS device shows a Cache Map option in the general settings but my Android device shows "Enable Amap for China Mainland" instead. What's up with this?
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules