1308 24 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
web_parrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[  FINAL UPDATE:  Cancelled the order.  No reply from sales.  Chat no help.  Eight days out.  Store still says "ships (in) one day" ... ]  
[ Refund requested on the 18th, received on the 21st via PayPal ]

I've had my Mavic Pro for about a month.  I decided to order a Spark for a holiday gift for my grandson.  On December 10th I checked the DJI Store and they were offering Shipping in One Business day (after payment success).  FWIW, that's the same way my MP purchase was labeled and I RECEIVED it in three days.

I've heard nothing on the Spark order (seven days later) so I checked the online order status.  Still on -"Payment Success."  So I Just finished a Chat session.  Seems it won't SHIP until January 2nd... ( 21 days in case your counting ).  The very apologetic support person, Jeff, said it was because the "free gift" I was receiving was on backorder !!! The irony is that when I placed the order the confirmation note said that the free gift was no longer available.... okay.... Now my order is delayed because of something I didn't want, didn't request, and wasn't available anyhow.  

The second irony is that the 'free gift' included a Santa figurine and deer antlers that attached to the top of the aircraft.   A little late for a holiday gift.

So the 'alert' is... if you're ordering directly from DJI, their shipping dates may be off by 1 to 3 weeks.

I realize this is a Mavic Forum, but it's shared because ... as I was quiting the Chat session, made sure that I knew there was a promotion going on.  Just in case I wanted to order something else that wouldn't arrive on time.

MINOR UPDATE:  B&H has one day shipping for a White Spark (no controller for $399).  Adorama has a number of promo kits for under $400, depending on the color choices.
2017-12-17
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

This is why I will not order from DJI directly, always from an authorized reseller like Amazon or Best Buy, even if I have to wait to get it I know I can cancel at anytime & get the money back. Ordered a set of props once (and no not the MPP props, standard MP props / 2 sets, sat in "Payment Success" for days), when finally shipped they sent it Fed EX with signature required, it was a pain in the ass having to set up someone to receive them. I could have taken the afternoon off to sign for them, jeez wonder what the props would have cost me if I did that!!

There's pretty much nothing they sell you can't get elsewhere for the same money and better service.
2017-12-17
Use props
Rjrolyn
lvl.2
United States

Thats a bummer my friend. I was gonna order some accessories directly from the Dji Store and take advantage of the promo's but seen many complaints when ordering directly from Dji. Hope all gets sorted
2017-12-17
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Amazon Prime is the only way to go. Two day shipping and no return issues.
2017-12-17
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-17 12:54
This is why I will not order from DJI directly, always from an authorized reseller like Amazon or Best Buy, even if I have to wait to get it I know I can cancel at anytime & get the money back. Ordered a set of props once (and no not the MPP props, standard MP props / 2 sets, sat in "Payment Success" for days), when finally shipped they sent it Fed EX with signature required, it was a pain in the ass having to set up someone to receive them. I could have taken the afternoon off to sign for them, jeez wonder what the props would have cost me if I did that!!

There's pretty much nothing they sell you can't get elsewhere for the same money and better service.

Yeah... I was glazed by the quick turnaround when I order the MP :-) ...  Inventory control will get you every time!

Thanks for your comment.
2017-12-17
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rjrolyn Posted at 2017-12-17 12:56
Thats a bummer my friend. I was gonna order some accessories directly from the Dji Store and take advantage of the promo's but seen many complaints when ordering directly from Dji. Hope all gets sorted

I guess if you're in no rush and they have what you want at a good price it's worth the wait - at lease monetarily.  Dangling a " ships in one day " and then never sending ANYthing that parts of the order are back ordered... that's what grinded me.

Thanks for your reply.
2017-12-17
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, neither do I. Bought my last craft from authorized seller and got it within 1-3 days free ship to my home. Wow OP, I would've been peeved - that's completely unacceptable.
2017-12-17
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Why don't you ask for a refund for the order? You can always click "REFUND" at DJI Store if the order was not shipped.
2017-12-17
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jason WAI Posted at 2017-12-17 16:51
Why don't you ask for a refund for the order? You can always click "REFUND" at DJI Store if the order was not shipped.

That's now my intent.  By initiating the Chat and making a formal inquiry I was hoping to get some sort of commitment, let alone an acknowledgement that the order existed in their "system." Until then I had no idea of how their process/system/customer service was flawed!

I've contacted PayPal to see whether I should wait for a refund from DJI or just use the PayPal disputed process.  Also, tomorrow is a "business day" for DJI and I'm curious whether anyone will respond (wink wink ).  Most of the other deals will be on for a few more days, so I'm confident my options will still be open.  

As a second thought, I felt it was important to share my experince here to alert other prospective buyers that shipping dates are not what DJI advertises.  

Thanks for your thoughts.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Sir, my sincere apologies to the unpleasant purchasing experience. May I have the order number so that I can help to check more details for better support? Thank you.
2017-12-17
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-17 19:29
Hello Sir, my sincere apologies to the unpleasant purchasing experience. May I have the order number so that I can help to check more details for better support? Thank you.

Hi Mindy... Oh thank you for being willing to look into this.

# 0019813248660  Order time 2017-12-10  18:40: 13 (UTC)

PayPal sent DJI payment at 12:39:44 CST (US) the same date
I can provide the transaction ID via PM if necessary.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-17 19:36
Hi Mindy... Oh thank you for being willing to look into this.

# 0019813248660  Order time 2017-12-10  18:40: 13 (UTC)

Thanks for getting back to us. We'll check with the designated team and come back soon.
2017-12-18
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 04:44
Thanks for getting back to us. We'll check with the designated team and come back soon.

Thank you.  
2017-12-18
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 04:44

Sorry, no one ever got back to me.  I've cancelled my order.  
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-18 19:08
Sorry, no one ever got back to me.  I've cancelled my order.

We are so sorry for the unfortunate experience, the refund will be back to your account very soon, we will keep improving our customer service to make you have a better experience in the future. Thanks for your support to DJI.
2017-12-18
Use props
djiuser_FCeVD2C
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-18 19:57
We are so sorry for the unfortunate experience, the refund will be back to your account very soon, we will keep improving our customer service to make you have a better experience in the future. Thanks for your support to DJI.

Im having a similar problem, I asked how long a refund will take 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR A DEBIT CARD REFUND, 3 DAYS FOR A PAYPAL REFUND! And thatS after they have "processed" your order! A total joke, especially as I ordered lots of items and one they don't have so I was going to be left waiting for AT LEAST 2 weeks until they got more stock, they wouldn't send out the other items unless I pay more money! So now my money is gone for ten days, I can't have the items and I have a job coming up that I need them for. A lesson learned - NEVER BUY DIRECT FROM DJI.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_FCeVD2C Posted at 2017-12-19 17:16
Im having a similar problem, I asked how long a refund will take 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR A DEBIT CARD REFUND, 3 DAYS FOR A PAYPAL REFUND! And thatS after they have "processed" your order! A total joke, especially as I ordered lots of items and one they don't have so I was going to be left waiting for AT LEAST 2 weeks until they got more stock, they wouldn't send out the other items unless I pay more money! So now my money is gone for ten days, I can't have the items and I have a job coming up that I need them for. A lesson learned - NEVER BUY DIRECT FROM DJI.

Hi Sir, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant purchasing experience.
Could you please provide me the order number so that I can check more details for better support? Thank you.
2017-12-19
Use props
fansbc6685a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37703 ft
Romania

Mindy must say, "our sincere apologies for the unpleasant purchasing experience" a lot!!..

I ordered new RE Goggles on the 7th,  with a DELIVERY estimate, of 7-10 days....    After the whole debacle of learning that that does not include weekends,  I am expecting delivery tomorrow..  (21st Dec).  Problem is they only left China this morning, (20 Dec).  I get that DHL may be quick but I am doubtful if they will arrive tomorrow..  But lets see....

My problem is the response you get from the Mods on here,  and even the complaint mod,  who opened a case for me.  Once you've heard from them once,  they;re gone.......  only ever to re-appear to trot out the same "were sorry" drivel.  
I even got a couple of phone calls...  Suspiciously,  they both got disconnected after 1minute and 4 seconds...........    just feels like they are paying lip service to customer support,  without ever actually giving any.....

I'll happily eat my words and apologise to all involved if the goggles arrive tomorrow....   but don't hold your breath,  I wont be.......
2017-12-20
Use props
GUSTOHEAT
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansbc6685a5 Posted at 2017-12-20 05:37
Mindy must say, "our sincere apologies for the unpleasant purchasing experience" a lot!!..

I ordered new RE Goggles on the 7th,  with a DELIVERY estimate, of 7-10 days....    After the whole debacle of learning that that does not include weekends,  I am expecting delivery tomorrow..  (21st Dec).  Problem is they only left China this morning, (20 Dec).  I get that DHL may be quick but I am doubtful if they will arrive tomorrow..  But lets see....

I think they don't realise how important Customer Service is. experiences like this can kill a company.
2017-12-20
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FCeVD2C Posted at 2017-12-19 17:16
Im having a similar problem, I asked how long a refund will take 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR A DEBIT CARD REFUND, 3 DAYS FOR A PAYPAL REFUND! And thatS after they have "processed" your order! A total joke, especially as I ordered lots of items and one they don't have so I was going to be left waiting for AT LEAST 2 weeks until they got more stock, they wouldn't send out the other items unless I pay more money! So now my money is gone for ten days, I can't have the items and I have a job coming up that I need them for. A lesson learned - NEVER BUY DIRECT FROM DJI.

I requested my refund on the morning 18th (PayPal) and it was posted to my PayPal at around noon on the 20th.  I simultaneously filed and complaint thru PayPal with the details of shipping discrepancies, screen prints of the advertisement, DJI "progress" screens, and emails/Chats.  Don't know if it helped, but it was worth a few minutes of effort.  FWIW, PayPal automatically suspended the complaint process after issuing an immediate credit following DJI's refund.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansbc6685a5 Posted at 2017-12-20 05:37

I ordered new RE Goggles on the 7th,  with a DELIVERY estimate, of 7-10 days....    After the whole debacle of learning that that does not include weekends,  I am expecting delivery tomorrow..  (21st Dec).  Problem is they only left China this morning, (20 Dec).  I get that DHL may be quick but I am doubtful if they will arrive tomorrow..  But lets see....

Sir, per your order number, the package is on the way and will arrive your location soon. We'll keep follow up and keep you posted. Hopefully you will receive it timely. We will keep learning and would like to offer better experience for the customers we valued, thanks for your patience and support.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GUSTOHEAT Posted at 2017-12-20 12:56
I think they don't realise how important Customer Service is. experiences like this can kill a company.

Sir, I'm sorry for this. Do you encounter the similar issue? Please kindly offer your order number or case number at your earliest convenience, we'd like to see whether we can help.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-20 14:04
I requested my refund on the morning 18th (PayPal) and it was posted to my PayPal at around noon on the 20th.  I simultaneously filed and complaint thru PayPal with the details of shipping discrepancies, screen prints of the advertisement, DJI "progress" screens, and emails/Chats.  Don't know if it helped, but it was worth a few minutes of effort.  FWIW, PayPal automatically suspended the complaint process after issuing an immediate credit following DJI's refund.

Have you got the refund? Per the log, the order has been cancelled successfully and the refund should return to your account soon. Come back to us if there is any further questions, thanks!
2017-12-21
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-21 00:25
Have you got the refund? Per the log, the order has been cancelled successfully and the refund should return to your account soon. Come back to us if there is any further questions, thanks!

Yes, thank you.  I updated my original post/thread ( see #1 ) along with the timing/process.  Thank you for following up.
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

web_parrot Posted at 2017-12-21 13:00
Yes, thank you.  I updated my original post/thread ( see #1 ) along with the timing/process.  Thank you for following up.

Anyway, nice to know you have got the refund timely. Have a nice day!
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules