Autopilot for Phantom Beta Test
3317 17 2015-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

Hey everyone-

We have been hard at work on the next version of Autopilot for Phantom (1.2) and we are ready to start the beta test.
Send an email to support@autoflightlogic.com if you would like to participate - we would love your feedback!

Features that will make it into this version:
- Data logging (settings, telemetry, controls, commands)
- Point-of-Interest for several modes, including Focus, Hover, Follow, Orbit and Mimic
- Updated status screen to show telemetry while looking at the camera and map
- Constant altitude reference - useful if your device has no barometer and you know that you will not be changing altitude

Features that may make it in this version:
- 100% power ouput
- Dynamic home point
- Waypoint mode

Thanks,
Jim

P.S. An Android version is also in the works if you are interested in that beta.

2015-4-17
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

Can I ask a question a little off topic? This is not a criticism but a thirst for knowledge.
Is it not possible to include the non Vision Phantoms in any way?
What hardware besides the camera does the Vision have that the non Vision does not that makes it seemingly impossible for Apps to be written for the non Vision?

Yug
2015-4-17
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-18 06:22
Can I ask a question a little off topic? This is not a criticism but a thirst for knowledge.
Is it n ...

The vision and vision plus have WiFi modules which are not included on the regular P2.
2015-4-17
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

That is correct, it was a decision made by DJI. The docs can be found here: http://dev.dji.com/feature
2015-4-17
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-4-18 07:51
The vision and vision plus have WiFi modules which are not included on the regular P2.

So if one got their hands on a wifi module would it be possible to upgrade a non vision bearing in mind it would still have the H3 3D gimble?

Yug
2015-4-17
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-18 11:55
So if one got their hands on a wifi module would it be possible to upgrade a non vision bearing in ...

We haven't tested that workflow so you will probably need to ask DJI directly. The issue is, even if it can send flight control commands to the Phantom, it won't be able to set the gimbal angle - which is crucial for framing shots while following.
2015-4-18
Use props
Yug
lvl.4

Australia

autoflightlogic Posted at 2015-4-18 19:55
We haven't tested that workflow so you will probably need to ask DJI directly. The issue is, even  ...

Thanks for your help.

Yug
2015-4-18
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Do you have any idea if DJI will continue to update the SDK for the Phantom 2 drones now the Phantom 3 is released? I am hopeful that third party app developers like yourself will be able to continue to support the older drones for a long time but that only works if the SDK keeps improving.
2015-4-18
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-4-19 02:14
Do you have any idea if DJI will continue to update the SDK for the Phantom 2 drones now the Phantom ...

I believe they are trying to keep the SDK as unified as possible.
2015-4-18
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.3

United States

autoflightlogic could you give me an ETA of when autopilot will be released to the public? Im super excited to be able to use it
2015-7-14
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Its on iTunes for $19.99 Version 1.1 with Orbit and Mimic modes as an in-app upgrade for $4.99 each.

Its not for me, as the DJI Vision app does everything I want and more, for free.
2015-7-14
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Pity, it only works on the Vision plus, never could work out why the standard vision isn't capable of being used with these apps, mind you on the plus side the Vision does stay in the air better than the Plus
2015-7-15
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

Version 2.0 will support the Vision as DJI added SDK support for it:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji#system-requirements
2015-7-15
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

autoflightlogic Posted at 2015-7-15 19:46
Version 2.0 will support the Vision as DJI added SDK support for it:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta ...

Seems I need an IOS device .8-(

Im an android user, as are most people I know, give me a heads up when you write a version for the Android
2015-7-15
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-7-15 21:09
Seems I need an IOS device .8-(

Im an android user, as are most people I know, give me a heads up ...

The Android version is under development already. Email support@autoflightlogic.com if you want to join the beta.
2015-7-16
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

May as well post another video while we wait. This time we used Autopilot to fly an Inspire following another Autopilot flying a Phantom 3 following a car:

2015-7-17
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

We just got approved. Finalizing the beta installation instructions email now. Expect something shortly.
2015-7-24
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

Invites away.
2015-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules