High Pitch Noise DJI Phantom 3 Standard
498 5 2017-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
randev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2064 ft
Singapore

hi. i have some issues with my drone and i hope someone can help me here.

i observed that my drone is struggling to keep its position with gps mode. it's wobbly/shaky and motors are aggressive, producing this high pitch noise. again, i want to emphasize that it is STRUGGLING TO KEEP ITS POST, though issue persists even in non GPS mode.

let it be known that it has history of very minor crashes, but to my knowledge did not to result any damage on its motors. however, i'm guilty of recklessly cramming it (w/ controller) inside any travel backpack making it vulnerable to bumps, shake ups, etc.

my guess is somehow the motors got misaligned.

anyone got idea how to fix. i have video link below for you to here the noise it's making.

IMG_20171225_153350.jpg
IMG_20171225_153311.jpg
2017-12-25
Use props
randev
lvl.1
Singapore

look at how misaligned the 2 pairs of propellers are. black and white for front and back of drone. i think this is the issue. how to fix this then?
2017-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The motors are built in canted, at a slight angle, on purpose.
That motor tilt, helps elleviate what is known as the vortex ring state.

When bringing the drone down at full speed, that vortex could actually wobble the drone to the point of crashing.
DJI smartly, also reduced the speed that we are able to bring the drone back to terrafirma.
That discrepancy of props might be in the props themselves. Or perhaps the motors are actually misaligned.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-25
Use props
randev
lvl.1
Singapore

thabnks for that info. only those 2 pairs of props are misaligned. the rest of the adjacent pairs, i've compared and they are both on same level/alignment. the props here are brand new and were freshly installed in these photos after one fly.
2017-12-25
Use props
randev
lvl.1
Singapore

but how about the noise? do you think it's caused by the propellers?
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Randev, the performance can not be ensured after the crash. I'd suggest to send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules