Pay now or pay later
3430 16 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dlcarico98
lvl.1

United States

The ones that pre-ordered the phantom 3, do they pull the money out of your bank when you order or when they ship it.
2015-4-18
Use props
skymaster
lvl.2

Canada

for me anyway the money was pulled.
2015-4-18
Use props
amstaff_loyalty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546752 ft
Sweden

Money is reserved and pulled later when it ships.
2015-4-18
Use props
helix2000
lvl.1
United States

Pulled when it ships as well on my side.
2015-4-18
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

I have a similar question. Has anyone ever bought a drone from Adorama(or any other store) and payed using PayPal Credit or Flexshopper?
Are they worth it? Will I pay more than  the $1,259.00 its listed as? I don't currently have the money to buy one but I could afford the weekly payments. Or would it just be better for me to wait a month or 2 until I can get enough money?
2015-4-18
Use props
skymaster
lvl.2

Canada

Really, Strange my money has left my acct.
2015-4-18
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

My money is gone as well.... Maybe that is a good sign?

2015-4-18
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brandon00151 Posted at 2015-4-19 03:18
I have a similar question. Has anyone ever bought a drone from Adorama(or any other store) and payed ...

Never fly anything you can't afford to crash or lose.

Take that for what it's worth. It would be horrible to be still paying for something which is broken, lost or needing parts.....

I never buy on credit. Never have - only exception was our house(s).

I'd say wait and pay for it. And still assume you will end up spending a lot more each year in this hobby.
2015-4-18
Use props
miketwowheels
lvl.1

Canada

My credit card was charged already.
2015-4-18
Use props
toddscafidi
lvl.1

United States

My Pay Pal  was charged within 24 hours. I actually paid my Pay Pay Bill and the Phantom 3 is paid off and it didn't even ship yet. I ordered from DJI. I know that Amazon doesn't pull the $$ until the product ships.
2015-4-18
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I pre-ordered from DJI and also Amazon. DJI took the money when I paid. Amazon doesn't take any money until it ships.
2015-4-18
Use props
fr0gburp3r
lvl.1

United States

DJI will take your money immediately if you purchase directly with credit card or use Paypal. It's better to make purchases on a credit card because they usually extend the warranty. Just pay it off immediately. You are not a smart shopper if you don't take advantage of credit card benefits.
2015-4-19
Use props
paul
lvl.2

United States

Amazon hasn't taken a dime from me yet.  If I cancel now, my checking account won't even know it happened.  

Of course, this means I need to make sure my checking account stays above the required amount or the transaction would be declined and I'd have to go to the back of the line.
2015-4-19
Use props
silverxrider.me
lvl.2

United States

DJI has not charged my account and when I asked them about their policy I got this email in return.

Storeagent       
Storeagent02 (DJI)
Apr 16, 14:18
Dear Jesse,
Thank you so much for your email.
Your order payment has gone through in our online store, we do charge the payment when the item is going to ship out.
For now, we do only get the pre-authorization of your order payment.
Now your order payment has shown confirmed in our online store , it will be shipped out according to your order sequence.

Thank you
2015-4-19
Use props
DeadWood
lvl.2

United States

The money was pulled.
2015-4-19
Use props
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

Pre-authorization was put on the credit card.  It showed pending and full pre-auth. after that.  Balance was not charged to the card yet and will not until my unit ships.
2015-4-19
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

United States

Dude.... Never finance a toy like this man... Bad economics right? As someone said, these craft crash all the time, and everyone does crash or break them at some point. You don't want to be paying payments on something that is broken or destroyed....  IMHO
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules