NOT RESPONDING TO JOYSTICK CONTROLS
4082 10 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KEVCAD
New
United Kingdom

Hi, I'm new here. I would really appreciate some advice.Following a very frustrating 2 hours trying to get the Spark working, I finally managed a test flight in the living room. All was going well until I tried to manoeuvre it forward or left or right. It will move backwards but nothing else on the the right joystick, the left joystick works as it should, up down turning left and right,  this is the same whether using the remote control or via my iphone X. I have tried to switch flight modes and even tried using custom mode, it makes no difference. I have searched youtube and done a search on here but cannot find anything remotely related, maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

I would be extremely grateful for any advice before I box it up and return it.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin
2018-1-2
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Could it be the collision detection is invoked because your room is too small ?

You could try disable it in the app or fly outside in a larger area
2018-1-2
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Probably collision avoidance inside... try outside or turn off the collision sensors.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. I would recommend you fly in a wide place with good GPS signal. If the problem remains, please send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.  
2018-1-2
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Hello KevCad...

The Spark only has as sensor on the front, so this is a bit interesting.  Not to be condescending, but did you go through all the steps in the manual such as doing the initial IMU calibration and the Compass calibration?  Additionally, it is possible something got goofed up with your remote, so I would also try the remote controller joystick calibration (even though you said it performed the same with phone only).  I would recommend you stay away from using the phone and just use your joystick.

Additionally, seriously the best experience would be outside in a wide open space, trust us....this will save some heartbreat.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-2
Use props
giaxxon
lvl.1
United States

If the Visual sensor is too close to something in front of it the spark will only go up, down or back. It won't yaw  or move left or right... only away from whatever it thinks it's way too close to.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Never fly indoors if you are a rookie!!!
2018-1-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-2 23:10
Never fly indoors if you are a rookie!!!

Come on, guys, this time of the year, in Europe, where to fly the x-mas present then?

Have you taken off the plastic from the red visior on the front of the Spark?
2018-1-2
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-2 23:33
Come on, guys, this time of the year, in Europe, where to fly the x-mas present then?

Have you taken off the plastic from the red visior on the front of the Spark?

Good call....again not to sound condescending....because it does matter!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Take it outside and learn the basics first.
2018-1-3
Use props
KEVCAD
New
United Kingdom

Hi Eveyone, I really appreciate all of your comments, thank you.

I have a had a little experience with indoor flying so this wasn't a problem. However, I have flown it this evening in our workshop  ( 5000 square feet ) and everything worked! I took the advice and turned off the collisoion avoidance, although perhaps it wouldn't have needed it considering the amount of room I had to play with. My battery went flat before I had chance to try turning the  collisoion avoidance back on, but I'm sure it will be fine. Probably my impatience got the better of me yesterday and no doubt this was a contributing factor, lesson learned!

It's freezing here and we've had high winds so outdoor flying will have to wait i'm afraid.
Thank you all again.
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules