Spark drifts right on stop (from sports mode)
1151 11 2018-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akebla222
New
Flight distance : 26654 ft
Sweden

I have an issue with my spark as per below which I cannot figure out the reason for (nor Google the solution for). This is such a problem that I cannot use sports mode at all and I've almost lost / crashed the drone several times. I've also finally had a crash which broke one of the arms as a result of the problem. :/

Compass calibrated (same issue on several places with new calibrations)
GPS coverage (16-18 satelites I believe)
No wind
Height: 4-5m (15ft)
Phone connected to controlled via Wifi and phone in Airplane mode (no bluetooth).
All updates on Spark / remote done
(I believe I've seen a similat tendency without sports mode, but I'm not sure)

I engage sports mode and and I go straight forward between 20-30-40 meters (60-120ft) or more and then i let go of the forward command (soft or hard) and the drone slows down for the first second, then drifts right a lot! Always right and always a lot (a lot more of what I expect / see on youtube). I've tried having the drone in the air for up to 10 min before at different altitudes / modes / positions / speeds

Her's a drawing of the issue.

Anyone have any idea what the issue can be / how I can fix it? Or is it simply what to expect?

DJI spark drift on stop

DJI spark drift on stop
2018-1-3
Use props
giaxxon
lvl.1
United States

This is not what you should expect. It sounds like a component issue in the spark or controller.

I would contact DJI and open a warranty claim.
2018-1-3
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

But change out the propellers first.  Are any of the motors damaged?

Did you try to calibrate the IMU with props off and on a solid level surface?  Also check your flight log and see that the sticks don't give side input command when stopping (loose stick mount?).
2018-1-3
Use props
fans209e8746
lvl.3
Flight distance : 754872 ft
Australia

Maybe calibrate Rc ?
2018-1-3
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is doing something similar in sport mode (which I only started using today). It seems like a software issue to me.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sorry for the unexpected accident. I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. I would recommend you send it back for repair. I would recommend you provide the flight record to our support for further analysis. I believe they will help you find the reason.
2018-1-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

-Height: 4-5m (15ft)-

What ground is under the Spark?
Can you try at the excact same Spot but in 20m height?
And on other spots in 4-5m, but with total opposite compound, under the Spark?
2018-1-3
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Also check if the propeller blades are cut or bend . I used to have such issues rarely but it goes away sometimes with a different location or with different set of prop blades.

If none of this works, a YAW offset calibration maybe  required which can be done through the software using the Developer mode through DJI assistant 2 software.
2018-1-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

After a crash always calibrate your equipment.
2018-1-3
Use props
Roberto Lafarga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140010 ft
Mexico

Mine did the exact same thing today, drifted to the right while no input, It was not doing that, but I updated. Probably a Software issue.
2018-1-3
Use props
fans8ce07096
New
United States

Im having the same issue. Only happens in sport mode. I also notice that it also happen I flight in reverse and drift to the opposite side. I did calibrate, no crashes, I replace the blades. and still happens. I also believe its a software  because it was after an update back in late December.
2018-1-31
Use props
akebla222
New
Flight distance : 26654 ft
Sweden

I've since posting the original message re-calibrated the IMU, Compass and installed a new software. In addition I've also changed propellors and now the problem is much less and pretty much gone. Still testing out but it seems to be gone. Don't really know the origin of the issue. Perhaps the IMU was the main cause but I cannot say for sure.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules