1218 7 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United Kingdom

HI

I am using the Phantom 2 Vision + with firmware 3.12 and Android controllers. Currently flying in Phantom mode.
Recently ( last three flights ? ) I have noticed that I am not getting a low power warning, either from my DJI software on the phone ( audio or red rectangles ) or  flashing red LED's from the Phantom. Battery power has been allowed to go just through the yellow band into the red with the machine in a low hover and there is just one green LED showing on the battery, just to see if the power warning would trigger. Nothing. THe machine did seem to want to land but did not go into the power climb to 60' - rather, it just settles and shuts down.
I have checked the Firmware settings and the low Power RTH box is checked. ON the phone controller I note the Low Power return home option check is greyed out until a rc connection is established with the Phantom - it then turns green as required. So, what is not working I wonder? I would appreciate any ideas. Perhaps it is just finger trouble but I do not think so.

My plan at the next flight is, once powered up and connected, is to deselect the Low Poweer RTH option then reselect it to see if this makes a difference.

I have wondered if the reason the warning and RTH has not happened is that I am near the Home point each time, but reading another thread, I see some you have had experienced an involuntary startup and an attempt to get airborne in the RTH mode - even when at the Home point so I guess that is not an option.

Any thoughts please?
THanks
2015-4-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Are you using the DJI android app?
Check settings in the app if so and or try to reload it or try another phone...
2015-4-21
Use props
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-22 02:03
Are you using the DJI android app?
Check settings in the app if so and or try to reload it or try an ...

HI , Yes, I am on the Android system. I will recheck the settings - stuck with the Android though at the moment I think.
Rgds G
2015-4-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

One other thing,
Do you have "land" or "go home and land" selected in the Vision Assistant!.

Look at the pages on the second post....http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... %2Bpost&lang=en
2015-4-21
Use props
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-22 02:14
One other thing,
Do you have "land" or "go home and land" selected in the Vision Assistant!.

HI THanks again for your help. I am in Phantom mode and the F/s is Go home and landing. However, your earlier post triggered a thought. Only recently, have I been using the mobile 'phone as the controller, previously it was the Tablet ( Android again ) I seem to recall that the system worked whilst using the TAblet and so I must retry that again. Further, I have just updated the App on the 'phone and so will see how that goes. I will have to wait now for some decent flying weather ( doesn't often happen in northern Scotland !)
I will advise in due course,

Regards

G

Many thanks though for your suggestions - hopefully they have provided the thought processes to sort this out!
2015-4-21
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

My understanding (and please anyone correct me if I am wrong) is that the low power warning and RTH activation does not always happened at the same battery level. The battery level for activation depend on how far away from the home point you are. The further you are from the home point, it will trigger the low battery warning and RTH sooner vs. if you are very close to the home point. It is done, to make sure you can return home in time, and the further you are, the more time will be needed.
2015-4-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

motia Posted at 2015-4-22 04:33
My understanding (and please anyone correct me if I am wrong) is that the low power warning and RTH  ...

Absolutely correct.
2015-4-21
Use props
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
United Kingdom

OK thanks that helps a lot too . As mentioned, I was right up close to the Home point so maybe that is the  answer.

I appreciate your help..
2015-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules