Video telemetry only with OTG, still no height, speed data on DJI...
926 4 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Markspark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1804 ft
Australia

I am an Aussie and bought my little spark 'fly more' package with the RC less than two weeks ago here in Tasmania. Needless to say, I was very excited to fly. However and unfortunately it was not all that easy and it is lucky I am such a patient person. I could fly over wifi with my phone but did not get any video telemetry or any satellite hook up, so limited function. I could fly using gestures, and am yet to explore this a bit more. I COULD NOT fly with the RC as it kept on failing to link properly with wifi to my phone (despite it being right next to it). I got it to work for a couple of short flights, but again, no video telemetry, no height/speed telemetry and no gps positioning, and the wifi dropped out, at one time leaving my Spark hovering with no control at all. Thankfully there are a lot of helpful youtube posts on the Spark and some made the recommendation to use an OTG cable to solve the poor wifi issue. The last thing I want is to lose my Spark, or cause someone and injury if wifi drops out and after using a micro usb to micro usb cable to connect the RC to my Samsung phone I have now got video telemetry, gps connection and full function of the RC. However, I have still have NOT got any height, speed telemetry coming into the DJI GO 4 app during the flight. It must be there as all this data is available post flight on the app flight record, but I should be able to get it during the flight on the DJI GO 4 app, right?. Can someone please advise how to turn on the flight data telemetry on the app? If this is a software glitch can DJI please solve it. I seem to have had to already go through a lot of frustration to get my Spark up. I am yet to try some of the other flying control features, like using the map to chart a course and the active tracking. I hope this stuff works.

2018-1-7
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Downgrade the DJI app to 4.1.15 or earlier - then Otg will function with telemetry
2018-1-7
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

dansmar Posted at 2018-1-7 14:34
Downgrade the DJI app to 4.1.15 or earlier - then Otg will function with telemetry

You'll also will be able to use "Offline Map" again as well.
2018-1-7
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 2018-1-7 19:04
You'll also will be able to use "Offline Map" again as well.

Good point, save some data too
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mark, thanks for yor feedback. Please wait patiently and our engineers are working on it.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules