2 new mavic batteries
2092 20 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

In August 2017 i sent my one mavic battery back on a warentee claim -  i was receiving some error messages through the app. Upon tacticle inspection i noticed a slight swelling on the battery housing (was not easilly visible).
Today my replacement battery finally arrived and with it a spare set of props AND an extra battery.

2018-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats - did you get the 2nd battery for free? It seems that DJI ship a second battery as an apology/courtesy now if your order has been seriously delayed. I would say 5 months warrants that!
2018-1-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-8 13:23
Congrats - did you get the 2nd battery for free? It seems that DJI ship a second battery as an apology/courtesy now if your order has been seriously delayed. I would say 5 months warrants that!

yep - second battery for free and well timed too.
My other two batteries are still giving me good service (about 15 plus minutes each flying a range of around 6-7 km per battery - mostly in sport mode)
But as they slowly decline i have been thinking about getting a spare new battery - so it was truly awesome to open the package and find 2 brand new batteries inside.
2018-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-8 13:40
yep - second battery for free and well timed too.
My other two batteries are still giving me good service (about 15 plus minutes each flying a range of around 6-7 km per battery - mostly in sport mode)
But as they slowly decline i have been thinking about getting a spare new battery - so it was truly awesome to open the package and find 2 brand new batteries inside.

I want a 3rd battery for my Mavic Platinum but it's been out of stock since mid Dec in the UK. I ordered the spare from DJI in early Dec but it took 48 hours to arrive so only the one for me LOL
That said, I'm getting an average of 25 minutes per battery at the moment on these + I got my record flight time (EVER) with a drone on this MPP - 27:53 on one battery in sub zero temps landing on 14%. Couldn't believe it! It would have been over half an hour if I took it to a critical level but never do.
2018-1-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-8 13:45
I want a 3rd battery for my Mavic Platinum but it's been out of stock since mid Dec in the UK. I ordered the spare from DJI in early Dec but it took 48 hours to arrive so only the one for me LOL
That said, I'm getting an average of 25 minutes per battery at the moment on these + I got my record flight time (EVER) with a drone on this MPP - 27:53 on one battery in sub zero temps landing on 14%. Couldn't believe it! It would have been over half an hour if I took it to a critical level but never do.

i think of 14% battery as actually 4% battery because at about 10% it begins to land whether you like it or not.
Rather land safely at home with 20% battery than in the drink or in a tree etc in front of you because you ran short of juice to fly at least to a safe place of your choosing rather than onto or into whatever happens to be below..
Also - It is not good for long term health of this type of battery to run it flat flat.
30% battery life should really be thought of as 20% and 20% as 10%.
10% is at best (with new batteries) going to be about 2.5 minutes.
This is enough time in ideal weather conditions - but if the wind has just wiped up and you are down wind and a bit far away - then you are high risk of getting into trouble as 2.5 minutes might not be enough.
2018-1-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats. Extra battery. Lucky fella
2018-1-8
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Well done
2018-1-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Woe Posted at 2018-1-8 14:46
Congrats. Extra battery. Lucky fella

some hours later and still feeling chuffed about it
2018-1-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

thanks
2018-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-8 14:43
i think of 14% battery as actually 4% battery because at about 10% it begins to land whether you like it or not.
Rather land safely at home with 20% battery than in the drink or in a tree etc in front of you because you ran short of juice to fly at least to a safe place of your choosing rather than onto or into whatever happens to be below..
Also - It is not good for long term health of this type of battery to run it flat flat.

Um mate, I've flown over a thousand times (literally) always land between 11-15% and never crashed any of the 7 DJI drones I've owned...
Are you also aware that you can prevent the drone landing when it hits a critical battery level (10%) by applying throttle to the motors to maintain altitude whilst you skilfully land the drone at your home point. As I said, I never take my batteries to a critical level but 15% (which is no where near "flat") is perfectly fine. In fact, DJI assess the charge times of their batteries based on 15% - 100%. I don't get why people land a drone with one-third of their battery still remaining - you're just knocking minutes of precious flight time for no reason. I've also never had a faulty battery. And so you know, a drone flying at 30MPH can cover a distance of 1.25 MILES in 2.5 minutes - steering around for a few feet to land in that time is nothing. Yep, if I'm almost doubling your flight time per battery perhaps I don't need a third one afterall
2018-1-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-8 15:04
Um mate, I've flown over a thousand times (literally) always land between 11-15% and never crashed any of the 7 DJI drones I've owned...
Are you also aware that you can prevent the drone landing when it hits a critical battery level (10%) by applying throttle to the motors to maintain altitude whilst you skilfully land the drone at your home point. As I said, I never take my batteries to a critical level but 15% is perfectly fine. In fact, DJI assess the charge times of their batteries based on 15% - 100%. I don't get why people land a drone with one-third of their battery still remaining - you're just knocking minutes of precious flight time for no reason. I've also never had a faulty battery.

i should have guessed that with yr rank and such an impressive flock of drones that you have done more flying than your flight distance belies.
What is yr main use for your drones?
2018-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-8 15:20
i should have guessed that with yr rank and such an impressive flock of drones that you have done more flying than your flight distance belies.
What is yr main use for your drones?

To take photos. The 93K metres is what I syched since 02 December 2017 since i got my MPP - none of my flights from 2015 onward were previously synched. The 'Captain' thing is nothing to do with flight experience. There are Captains on here who don't even own a drone - thats just based on points (over 5,000 of them) by contributing to this forum.
2018-1-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-8 15:24
To take photos. The 93K metres is what I syched since 02 December 2017 since i got my MPP - none of my flights from 2015 onward were previously synched. The 'Captain' thing is nothing to do with flight experience. There are Captains on here who don't even own a drone - thats just based on points (over 5,000 of them) by contributing to this forum.

i cant believe how difficult it is to take good photos but i keep trying.
2018-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Videos are great fun but a quality still image is a work of art - it takes a lot of time. The P4P has an amazing 20MP CMOS R camera with a 1” sensor - it’s amazing for stills. The Mavic is also very capable but needs more work in post. I bin videos after watching them to clear space and only store the better ones but I never bin photos once I’ve edited them.
2018-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That said some of the videos I’ve seen by Philip Bloom using his drones are out of this world! Master of digital aerial videography. Check his work out on YT - he’s done work for Lucas Films and others. His drone footage is the best I’ve ever seen.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bekaru, could you please provide me with your case number? I would like to check the details of it and learn from it to keep improving our service. Anyway, it is glad to hear that you receive the battery finally.
2018-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

hi

could you please tell me if you bought your items directly from Dji and if yes how. I see you are also from South Africa but I am trying to buy from Dji and cannot as they do not ship here, how did you manage this?
2018-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job but well deserved, it was a long wait, many on this forum would be pulling their hair out, but good things come to those who wait.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Suren Posted at 2018-1-9 05:53
hi

could you please tell me if you bought your items directly from Dji and if yes how. I see you are also from South Africa but I am trying to buy from Dji and cannot as they do not ship here, how did you manage this?

DJI doesn't ship products to South Africa directly, I would recommend you purchase DJI products from the retailer, here is a link for your reference.  https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-1-11
Use props
set_flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1056499 ft
Spain

Uff... 5 months for a battery replacement......

Extra battery and an apologyze totally deserved
2018-1-12
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

set_flyer Posted at 2018-1-12 14:52
Uff... 5 months for a battery replacement......

Extra battery and an apologyze totally deserved

and very much appreciated
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules