DJI Spark shows disconnected then reconnects.
5482 29 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott Moore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141201 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the Phantom 3 Standard, Pro and the Mavic.
I just go the spark and I keep seeing the aircraft disconnected from my phone.
I have flown all of my DJI drones at this location with no issues like this at all.

I have the latest version app and firmware installed and have the Flymore Combo.
I am not using the OTG cable.

I have tried an iPhone and android both with same result.
I have rest the aircraft and resynced the controller and still randomly happens.
I also have bluetooth turned off.
I will see on the screen aircraft disconnected and screen goes gray but I have full control of it. It will then reconnect and then can see the video again.
I have seen videos where people are having issues with this one flying away and don't want to be one of those people.

Here is a link from my last 2 flights.

AirData
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=msKdiq
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=iuftwy

Seriously thinking of just returning this to avoid a fly away and loosing my money.

Phantom Pilots
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/370J0095YIU9YQTVKFHN/
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/QE8MM7G7LP2CLW0Y6MPQ/

2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Scott, any error message frome your app? I would recommend you fly in a place with good GPS signal and less interference. Before flight, you can enter the wifi-setting and choose the channel with best signal. Please avoid interference likes metal, factories, high voltage line and fly in recommended environment.
flight environment.PNG
2018-1-9
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

If you are using the current firmwares on all your devices, ensure the transmission Wifi frequency is 5.8GHz. This is the case for most of the Android devices irrespective of your country. On IOS, the 2.4GHz works as  what i have read thro the forum
2018-1-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Two things:
The Spark is your first "wifi only"  drone
And perhaps you should try a otg connection to the RC ;-)

Which will get you to a older App version and maybe to a older firmware, too.
2018-1-9
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Older firmware is not necessary
2018-1-9
Use props
Scott Moore
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-9 23:15
Two things:
The Spark is your first "wifi only"  drone
And perhaps you should try a otg connection to the RC ;-)

The new updated firmware limits the OTG option. It will show camera but no additional telemetry. It also limits your range and puts you in 2.4.
2018-1-12
Use props
Scott Moore
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-1-9 22:45
If you are using the current firmwares on all your devices, ensure the transmission Wifi frequency is 5.8GHz. This is the case for most of the Android devices irrespective of your country. On IOS, the 2.4GHz works as  what i have read thro the forum

I am in 5.8GHz
2018-1-12
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

then you should not have any problems.  Do you see 5.8GHz on the DJI GO 4 display front interface during flight
2018-1-12
Use props
Scott Moore
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-1-12 07:31
then you should not have any problems.  Do you see 5.8GHz on the DJI GO 4 display front interface during flight

Yes I do at top right.
I have emailed support 2 days ago with flight logs and waiting to hear back.
I am also going to try another location to see if I have the same issue.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

2018-1-12
Use props
LucasKovadloff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35482 ft
Brazil

Scott Moore Posted at 2018-1-12 08:31
Yes I do at top right.
I have emailed support 2 days ago with flight logs and waiting to hear back.
I am also going to try another location to see if I have the same issue.

Hey Scott, i am having the exact same issue.

Did you fix it?
2018-2-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

My tests have shown WIFI on the Spark may have less range than Ocusync on the Mavic Pro, but the disconnect and reconnect for RTH seem a bit more stable using WIFI on the Spark.
2018-2-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

My tests have shown WIFI on the Spark may have less range than Ocusync on the Mavic Pro, but the disconnect and reconnect for RTH seem a bit more stable using WIFI on the Spark.
2018-2-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LucasKovadloff Posted at 2018-2-21 11:13
Hey Scott, i am having the exact same issue.

Did you fix it?

How many flights have you had with your Spark?
2018-2-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-9 23:41
Older firmware is not necessary

Yeah I agree the older firmware isn't necessary.
2018-2-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-9 19:32
Scott, any error message frome your app? I would recommend you fly in a place with good GPS signal and less interference. Before flight, you can enter the wifi-setting and choose the channel with best signal. Please avoid interference likes metal, factories, high voltage line and fly in recommended environment.

Does altitude make any difference when traveling above 50 meters?
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_988ib1wUqkaX
New
Flight distance : 389324 ft
Costa Rica

Hi, I have exactly the same problem.

But two days ago i flew at the same location but had not the same issue.
2018-2-21
Use props
LucasKovadloff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35482 ft
Brazil

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-21 11:35
How many flights have you had with your Spark?

Hi david I have like 9 flights with my spark.  Its brand new I bought it 7 days ago
2018-2-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_988ib1wUqkaX Posted at 2018-2-21 14:58

Yeah I wonder what it is?
2018-2-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LucasKovadloff Posted at 2018-2-21 15:01
Hi david I have like 9 flights with my spark.  Its brand new I bought it 7 days ago

That's great you'll be really happy you bought the Spark!
2018-2-21
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

I had the same problem after the last updates. Connect, disconnect and other warnings.

I made the same basic flight 4x and recorded it. Exact path. One time magnetic warnings, then GPS, then compass, then disconnects. Next flght similar, not in the same order or even from the same location. I tracked a course basically of a short flight of 300m and back.

I showed this to a local DJI store rep who saw my posts on FB. At first he was puzzled and then came to the conclusion (since results were varied) that the AC, RC should just be paired again. Restart the phone and try again. After the phone restart, I again paired the RC and AC.  I took that same exact route behind my house. All VLOS and was happy to report to him I had no errors. Rained out today so I can't test it.

I can't say for certain that solved all issues. I don't fly more than VLOS and have no desire to fly a mile out where I cannot see the AC. It's one of those just because you can does not mean you should things for me anyway. I'm just feeling a bit better that compass, GPS and disconnects are no longer happening when the AC was only 30' from me.

I watch other user videos and one thing I learned is they do not freak out when these problems occur, but many that report these problems do..and then lose the AC. The product is supposed to have it's own fail safes, and the errors are merely prompts and most are temporary while in flight. Even if you lose all RC it should RTH as long as the point was set initially. Worst case is ATTI mode, but again that's why having visual sight of teh AC is so important. If you fly along a long trek testing these limits, have spotters with cell phones.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_988ib1wUqkaX Posted at 2018-2-21 14:58

Hi, did you have this problem frequently? Did you update your drone recently? Please tell me the error message from your app. We need more info for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-21 11:37
Does altitude make any difference when traveling above 50 meters?

Did you mean the signal will change when the altitude is over 50 meters? Please provide more details about your problem. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-27 03:56
Did you mean the signal will change when the altitude is over 50 meters? Please provide more details about your problem. Thanks for your support.

I mean RTH set to 50 meters or for range tests?
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-27 04:32
I mean RTH set to 50 meters or for range tests?

If you have the problem of disconnection, it can be caused by compass error and interference. So we would recommend users fly in a recommended environment and do a range test. If the problem continues, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. Then upload it to dropbox and post the link here. We would like to find out the reason of disconnected.
2018-2-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-27 23:22
If you have the problem of disconnection, it can be caused by compass error and interference. So we would recommend users fly in a recommended environment and do a range test. If the problem continues, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. Then upload it to dropbox and post the link here. We would like to find out the reason of disconnected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

What would be your take of disconnects occurring at the same location flying in the same flight path using two different drones? I flew the Mavic Pro and Spark into the same flight pattern where I was able to achieve further distance as opposed to the other North, South, and East positions, however flying further West caused this long disconnection pocket to last where I had no signs to the crafts they were in RTH not until right before they entered the RTH spot? The patterns they each displayed, obviously the Mavic Pro with Ocusync and Spark with WiFi, showed the connection reacted almost as the same patterns for each? Is this just a sign of overall Remote Controller interference, because my Mavic Pro was disconnected but connected enough only to show the Mavic Pro was flying for another 1,500 feet before it showed it had been flying 3,000 feet back when during the entire time the image on my phone froze and did not display any moving signal transmission?
2018-2-28
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21079 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-27 23:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

This is very helpful information but I am using an Android device not an Iphone. Can you post a video of how to do this same procedure using an Android phone?
2018-7-8
Use props
Ralph_0823
New
Canada

I have the same issue.

I notice that when Im on my 2nd battery, it goes "disconnected" then reconnects again maybe after 3-5 secs.  then it will disconnect again and do the same thing.  There was one time that i tried launching it then it disconnected after take off.  RC can't control the aircraft so I removed the battery mid flight.  I believe im on the latest firmware and Im using Samsung A7.
2018-8-3
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Hi Scott, glad to see you have a few drones and joined the Spark family.  Looks like your issue might be location and not device related.  Given the Spark uses wifi where your Phantoms and Mavic aren't.  There might be something causing interference only with the WIFI devices.  Not sure that an OTG cable will fix anything but worth the try.  Try flying in a different location and see if you are having similar issues.
2018-8-3
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-2-28 05:56
What would be your take of disconnects occurring at the same location flying in the same flight path using two different drones? I flew the Mavic Pro and Spark into the same flight pattern where I was able to achieve further distance as opposed to the other North, South, and East positions, however flying further West caused this long disconnection pocket to last where I had no signs to the crafts they were in RTH not until right before they entered the RTH spot? The patterns they each displayed, obviously the Mavic Pro with Ocusync and Spark with WiFi, showed the connection reacted almost as the same patterns for each? Is this just a sign of overall Remote Controller interference, because my Mavic Pro was disconnected but connected enough only to show the Mavic Pro was flying for another 1,500 feet before it showed it had been flying 3,000 feet back when during the entire time the image on my phone froze and did not display any moving signal transmission?

would wifi wave lengths cause the interference?  There maybe other factors causing this that is way over my head (understanding)  Electromagnetic forces as an example.  just a thought
2018-8-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ralph_0823 Posted at 2018-8-3 08:24
I have the same issue.

I notice that when Im on my 2nd battery, it goes "disconnected" then reconnects again maybe after 3-5 secs.  then it will disconnect again and do the same thing.  There was one time that i tried launching it then it disconnected after take off.  RC can't control the aircraft so I removed the battery mid flight.  I believe im on the latest firmware and Im using Samsung A7.

Try an older version of the Go4, 4.2.12 or even 4.1.15.
Or try with a fresh restart.

2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules