Shaking Phantom WHY? (Video)(SOLVED)
2526 28 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmanaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40840 ft
Venezuela

Well, I have 2 Phantom 2 V2 the first was new, bought on autorized dealer that is ok. But i bought other one (cheap on ebay) with the intention of practice with it yesterday it arrive. Testing I found when throtle it begin to shake really bad I think... what can I do? There is something to do to fix it? There is not back money warrant with the seller ( was selled like used as is as ), one motor have a really low noise maybe that? It's not my video but exactly that happend. HELP!!!

Here is the video!

2015-4-22
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Have you flown it? It looks like it's shaking due to the prop wash and ground affect. Try the new one and see if it does the same thing. I feel like it will.
2015-4-22
Use props
TheRann4u
Second Officer

United States

Is it possible landing gear has a crack in it???
2015-4-22
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

My guess is that it is not designed for full power while the legs are stationary.  As in other post the problem is the engines create a lot of torque ant the frame will give a little by design.  Much like a high performance car, when you go full throttle from idle the body of the car actually twist .  This is the motor trying to turn itself around the crankshaft. That is one reason you have the camera on a gimbel.

My opinion is it is nothing, go flying and have some fun.

2015-4-22
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I would also check for out of track/out of balance blade.  A slightly bent prop shaft might do that.  Run it up again and check for heat buildup at the motors after shutdown.
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-22 23:53
Have you flown it? It looks like it's shaking due to the prop wash and ground affect. Try the new on ...

Thanks for the reply I try the new one replying the same conditions ... Stable like a rock... My friend. So discard the ground effect.
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-22 23:53
Have you flown it? It looks like it's shaking due to the prop wash and ground affect. Try the new on ...

My friend well I want to be sure before fly it but, yes I gonne  out to fly it and see  what happend then. I keep you informed.
2015-4-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

jmanaya Posted at 2015-4-23 01:15
Thanks for the reply I try the new one replying the same conditions ... Stable like a ro ...

Check your props and the motor then, check for hairline cracks,
As you stated, you bought is used AIWI!...could have been crashed or submersed in water...Only God knows...
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

TheRann4u Posted at 2015-4-23 00:27

Good point. I just check it nop is like new my friend... and overview I can that is really new shell all over.
2015-4-22
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

I looked at your video again. It appears to be a lateral viabration.  That sort of rules out the blade out of track.  The bent prop shaft appears to be a better place to look.  Blades out of track usually cause a vertical vibration.
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

TheRann4u Posted at 2015-4-23 00:27

My friend all seen really solid. I rechek it!!!
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

oakspi Posted at 2015-4-23 01:24
I looked at your video again. It appears to be a lateral viabration.  That sort of rules out the bla ...

What do you think I have a new props. I try them and I post it in some minutes.
2015-4-22
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

Make sure you check the motors for heat buildup after you shut it down
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

oakspi Posted at 2015-4-23 02:07
Make sure you check the motors for heat buildup after you shut it down

The weather dont let me fly today... tomorrow I hope the weather get better but check this. [img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s908.photobucket.com/user/jmanaya/media/20150422_131957_zpsn5cmld1c.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
Maybe this dont let the prop tight ?! check a litle hit at top of the motor
2015-4-22
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

That could be the problem I would replace the motor just to be on the safe side.  
2015-4-22
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Have you run the motors up with props off. Looked it your picture.....could be bent as well.
2015-4-22
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

jmanaya Posted at 2015-4-23 06:21
The weather dont let me fly today... tomorrow I hope the weather get better but check this. [ ...

I would replace motor , these things run on the fact things are level and balanced.
that shaft rotating at take off speed would create all kinds of vibrations/wobble
2015-4-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jmanaya Posted at 2015-4-23 06:21
The weather dont let me fly today... tomorrow I hope the weather get better but check this. [ ...

Well you found what is causing your vibration.
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-23 07:16
Have you run the motors up with props off. Looked it your picture.....could be bent as well.

Yes I have I think that without props the effect dont take effect. Anyways without it dont shake I test with a new ones also same result.
2015-4-22
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Sounds like the props then. Check all the screws to make sure the motors are tight. Maybe they are not DJI props? The damaged shaft on the motor, will the prop fasten properly to it? Without props, do the motors spin true?
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-23 07:27
Sounds like the props then. Check all the screws to make sure the motors are tight. Maybe they are n ...

I do all that you say screw and I try with new from package props still the same, I don't live in USA so is really hard to get a new motor only for check it... so I want to be sure before make the purchase here is expensive and take a lot of time (30 days or more ) I really love these machines but my hobby here is for people apasionated for it...
2015-4-22
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

I think a motor shaft may be bent. With props off and motors running do you see the shaft wobble?
2015-4-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

jmanaya Posted at 2015-4-23 08:43
I do all that you say screw and I try with new from package props still the same, I don't live  ...

You could always switch the motor with the other off the opposite end as it is same same and see, if you have to replace one your gonna have to pull it anyway!
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-23 08:46
I think a motor shaft may be bent. With props off and motors running do you see the shaft wobble?

Well friend that is the most logic explain that I hear, I discard the prop,   are news from the package from the new one Phantom 2 box, ckeck all the motors screw are tight, the integrity  of the shell is really ok, also I take measure from the new one (separation of the motors) and compare with it and are OK.  There is a way to check if the shaft is bend?
2015-4-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jmanaya Posted at 2015-4-23 08:59
Well friend that is the most logic explain that I hear, I discard the prop,   are news fr ...

Spin the motor by hand and see if it wobbles, or turns true.
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

SOLVED!!! The problem was that the prop tight, but don't get to the correct place by a half turn I think... (it has to be adjusted making a certain number of spin to be balanced with the other black prop) so it doesn't keep the same distance to the motor amazing is less than a milimiter. I take the dremel and recons the last spin that is crush in the motor's shaft top - see the picture-- Tomorrow I fly and test it. The shake dissaper.
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

Sorry about my english I hope the explain is clear.   Thanks to all for your help you are the best!!!!
2015-4-22
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Venezuela

I found that the best way to check this kind of issue is: with the phantom tie with tie zip to nivel table, Test with only one prop then turn it on and full throtle repeat with each one so you discard the other. Be sure that your props are DJI and are good shape or better new to do this test BEST Regard!
2015-4-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

jmanaya Posted at 2015-4-23 10:56
I found that the best way to check this kind of issue is: with the phantom tie with tie zip to nivel ...

o.k.,
Thanks for the update, it was not a bent motor shaft but still a problem with the shaft...i saw that blob on your earlier posts an almost commented on it but have never seen anything like it before, possibly the original owner had a problem from day one they could not solve, their loss, your gain, but it goes to show that QC control if that was from original manufacturing can go a long way and that bird should have never left the nest that way.
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules