Weak RC signal, no camera view, RC light solid red
1035 12 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19498 ft
United States

I have always had trouble connecting my Nexus 6 phone to the aircraft camera and that continues. The light on the model GL358w8 controller is red. The LED under the aircraft is green. The indicator lights on the aircraft are flashing slow yellow. I can start the motors and fly the aircraft without GPS and no camera. The phone says I have the latest firmware and I reinstalled DJI Go version 3.1.23. Don't know what to do next. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2018-1-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Have you tried another device?
2018-1-15
Use props
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-15 14:21
Have you tried another device?

I had an old note 2 and I have tried my wife's Nexus 6P. At the moment I am first concerned why it saying I have a weak RC signal and the light on the RC does not turn green. I also have a removable range extender on the antenna
2018-1-15
Use props
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
United States

Oldsailor80 Posted at 2018-1-15 15:04
I had an old note 2 and I have tried my wife's Nexus 6P. At the moment I am first concerned why it saying I have a weak RC signal and the light on the RC does not turn green. I also have a removable range extender on the antenna

And relative to devices, is there a current list of android devices that really work with DJI Go 3.1.23?
2018-1-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Sounds like a gps problem.  Is your S1 switch all the way up?
2018-1-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

1. iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
2. Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD and Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2018-1-15
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

try to relink the rc to ac the rc light should be solid green all time
2018-1-15
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

try to uninstall the dji go app and reinstall it again and remember to be logged in to your dji account to fly more than 50 meters away
2018-1-15
Use props
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-1-15 15:59
try to relink the rc to ac the ac light should be solid green all time

Then AC light IS solid green. The light on the RC stays red. It has been a few months since I fussed with this, but I thought that light also turns green. If I am wrong then I am back to the issue of the camera not connecting to the phone. I can start the engines and I can fly the aircraft without any gps signals and no camera.
2018-1-15
Use props
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
United States

Oldsailor80 Posted at 2018-1-15 16:24
Then AC light IS solid green. The light on the RC stays red. It has been a few months since I fussed with this, but I thought that light also turns green. If I am wrong then I am back to the issue of the camera not connecting to the phone. I can start the engines and I can fly the aircraft without any gps signals and no camera.

So even though the light on the AC was solid green, I DID relink the AC to the RC as you suggested and wonder of wonders, the red light on the RC turned green and the camera view appeared on my phone.
Thanks for the help.
2018-1-15
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

welcome my friend we are here to help each other happy flying
2018-1-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

My start up is so. Power up the RC status LED is solid red,Power up my AC,self diagnose is on the LED is changing from solid red to solid green. I did´nt start then app yet. My mobile shows up it´s connected to the P3 WIFI and the last action before i let the P3 take off is starting the app. I fly a P3S in stock. I use a MPQC 96i and an iPhone6 as well. My app version is th 3.1.23 too but no problems. If the rear lights slowly flashes in yellow then you have ATTI mode or PGPS mode without locked enough satellites.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Oldsailor80 Posted at 2018-1-15 17:32
So even though the light on the AC was solid green, I DID relink the AC to the RC as you suggested and wonder of wonders, the red light on the RC turned green and the camera view appeared on my phone.
Thanks for the help.

Sir, please ensure that both your RC and AC are in the latest firmware. BTW, what is the version of your app? Keep us updated, thanks.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules