Flying Inside - Tradeshow
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

Hello,

I'm going to be flying my M210 in an enclosed building for a tradeshow.  Literally lifting it off the ground 5 feet and back down (not really flying it around).  I've got a couple concerns if anybody could assist me on some knowledge!

1) According to DJI, I'm within a zone that needs to be unlocked via Geo Unlock.  Which is really too bad, since airspace does not apply to me being inside a building.  I see this as extra work that shouldn't need to happen.  Since I use a dual gimbal, I need to fly with DJI Pilot.  But to unlock the zone, they want me to get the Flight Controller Serial Number located in DJI Go app (and not DJI Pilot).  Will this affect my operations since I'm not using DJI Go to fly the Drone?

2) I've learned to turn off GPS when flying indoors, but have researched that if you're within a NFZ, you will not be able to disable GPS.  This could be another issue I run into.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  Thank you for your time.

- Jason
2018-1-17
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

The serial number will be consistent among both. Verify that the zone you're unlocking won't require you to email DJI. Some can be done with an authorized account, some must be verified by DJI.

You should be able to leave GPS on, but put the aircraft in attitude mode. I'd disable any modes that utilize GPS so the aircraft doesn't attempt to take off somewhere, though. Be sure to write it down so any time you go back to operating outside you put your modes back. Screenshots work well for us.
2018-1-17
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-17 13:13
The serial number will be consistent among both. Verify that the zone you're unlocking won't require you to email DJI. Some can be done with an authorized account, some must be verified by DJI.

You should be able to leave GPS on, but put the aircraft in attitude mode. I'd disable any modes that utilize GPS so the aircraft doesn't attempt to take off somewhere, though. Be sure to write it down so any time you go back to operating outside you put your modes back. Screenshots work well for us.

Thank you for the reply!

Great to know about the serial numbers.  That makes me feel much better about that.
Isn't switching to ATTI mode turning off GPS?

I've attached the image of where the tradeshow is.  The yellow arrow is where you need to unlock (which I'm assuming is the small circle).  One of the 2 big green circles that I'm in are "Enhanced Warning Zones".  So I'm not sure if I'll need to unlock anything.

Location of Tradeshow

Location of Tradeshow
2018-1-17
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Drone Jones Posted at 2018-1-17 13:43
Thank you for the reply!

Great to know about the serial numbers.  That makes me feel much better about that.

Start by verifying your DJI Account, I believe you need to add a phone number or verify your email I dunno. The DJI NFZ page you're on there explains it better than I ever could lol I've only had to unlock a few places and I have a verified account so it wasn't very hard

Atti mode does disable GPS but it doesn't full on disable it like I thought you meant. I honestly can't give you an answer to that question, it should still be receiving its location via GPS just not using it. How DJI programmed the software to handle that is unknown to me
You could try simulating the aircraft in a NFZ coordinate and see if it recognizes it. Might throw the error so you can see exactly what it does
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules