Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Edit 10: added My day in five minutes
Edit 9: Raybro posted a video of his San Angelo, TX trip, Video link below
Edit 8: Added new video made for a friend called "Farmin', Fixin', Findin' and Farmin' Sumore"
Edit 7: Changed name as it's no longer just lake stuff. Added video link of just trying to go as fast as I can. Named "nothing but speed bumps"
Edit 6: Oooopps! Crash Number 2. Damage Minimal. 40 Second video link added.
Edit 5: Distance Attempt video (no concern for creativity or music)
Edit 4: Road trip slideshow with HD Ultra as vehicle carrying Drone with backpack case.
Edit 3: Video from our bike ride to Diamond Lake
Edit 2: Lake videos of Eagles Nest and the area the Eagle live in.
Edit 1: Okay first video. GS mission of lakeshore. I described it in my last post at the end of the thread. I had quality issues, not sure if it was Dashware or Movie Maker. Original looks better to me.

LINKS
4.  http://youtu.be/FmFXe6KPzEM
5.  http://youtu.be/p3Nl2sdKGwI
9.  http://youtu.be/OE1ILQcb-z4

I'm finally flying at the lake and getting some video. Obviously, lot's of editing. I thought everyone would get a kick out of the fantastic photo my Wife got! Incredible! I'm flying with the eagles! More to come...

Jerry

DroneEagle01-Avatar.jpg
2015-4-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

That is an incredible photo.
2015-4-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Now that is flying!..WOW!
I have a video of a hawk that was playing around with me a bit a few weeks back, unfortunately it was a little quicker than me, will have to see what I can dig up but nothing compared to that...That is just awesome!
2015-4-23
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

if thats real, thats amazing. Awesome photo
2015-4-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

trsmith18@hotma Posted at 2015-4-24 03:08

It's real, there is another bird in the lower right corner.
2015-4-23
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Jerry,

Fantastic photo!  I love it.  Looking forward to the rest of your stuff!  Tell your wife "Great job.  Well done!"  I like how you made it your new avatar as well.

Chris
2015-4-23
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

What do you mean "if that's real"?  
2015-4-23
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

It's real alright! Here's another shot of the baby!

Jerry
BabyEagle01-1024.jpg
2015-4-23
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-24 03:24

Jerry

Gotta get back to shooting!

Jerry
2015-4-23
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-24 03:24

Jerry

Another nice photo!  Jerry - how high are they flying?  Too high for the drone?  At any time did it look like they were bothered by or interested in it?
2015-4-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Of course it's real, how the hell could you get a stuffed bird that high in the air!
Unfortunately my shots have to come from snips of my video though i was very fortunate to have a hawk come through where i was flying and it flew around for about 5 min. it was too cool and some birds as long as you are not chasing them will not be fearful, they are after all, in their space!!
Bird 1.PNG
Bird-3.PNG
Bird-4.PNG
2015-4-23
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-24 03:36
Of course it's real, how the hell could you get a stuffed bird that high in the air!
Unfortunately ...

Nice snips! I have a lot of birds in my area - including eagles.  I have visited the nest this year for photos, but haven't tried flying anywhere near it.
2015-4-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Thanks Nrg, the video was about 150-200' straight above my back field on which there are no trees. I would not dare try to fly near a nest (and don't even know where any are for that matter) for fear of scaring the mother away and not wanting to come back the next year....If i am up and they fly through, cool and I feel very fortunate when they do...
2015-4-23
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-24 04:05
Thanks Nrg, the video was about 150-200' straight above my back field on which there are no trees. I ...

Exactly why I haven't flown near the eagle nest.  I can get pics without getting close if I use my long lens.  They never know I am there.  I found it by accident when out cruising for pics one night.  It is on the edge of a cornfield, so they seem to have some tolerance for machinery.  Just don't think a drone flying to get pics/video of the nest would be smart or wise.
2015-4-23
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

That is GREAT!
2015-4-23
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

That is just FANTASTIC!!!!!   and here I was all excited about honey bees showing up on my vid today at 300' alt.   As I hang my head in shame I will refrain from pulling pics from it.  I just can't compete!!
2015-4-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-24 08:20
That is just FANTASTIC!!!!!   and here I was all excited about honey bees showing up on my vid today ...

Hey,
That would be cool to see, please share!..darn good thing they did not think your Phantom was their new Queen!..it could have been a flyaway and a runaway all at the same time...
2015-4-23
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

It's a short clip.. I'll get ready to post later tonight!  Those little suckers were running from bats, yet not afraid of prop wash!
2015-4-23
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-24 03:36
Unfortunately ...

Seriously too funny. I was implying photoshop not that you threw a stuffed bird in the sky.

Super cool since its real
2015-4-23
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Two more to end the day. A wonderful day it was! (Lot's of editing to do.)
Good Night All!

Jerry

Thats my woman.jpg
Betcha cant see me.jpg
2015-4-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-24 13:12
Good Night All!

No shortage of fresh game in your neck of the woods!..Mmmm...mmm...
2015-4-23
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-23
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Thanks everyone for the comments! Back home in SD now, no rest for the weary. NRG, when my Wife snapped that shot I was at about 380' so they were much higher. They were definitely checking me out. Didn't appear to be bothered just curious. We have a nest that's probably about 2000' from our home. It's been there for as long as I've been going up that way. We've got many pictures of them throughout the years. We're very careful with them as we care about them deeply. We have walked up towards the nest and we know where the lines are as they will make us aware when they're agitated. I did make one pass by the nest. Again, no agitation, just curiosity. I'll provide video later. The first video I'm going to post will be a GS mission around the shoreline of part of our lake. It will be the easiest and quickest with no editing. It will be somewhat boring as I was testing limits again. Some prop guard and leg shots. I'm providing this one for info mostly. To show banked turns and what happens to the data when you reach and exceed control limits. You'll see that the data will freeze at certain places and then catch up as the signal is restored. I had another much longer run planned but it started to get too late so I had to bag it. After that one, maybe the eagle's nest. I've got tons of video to go through so it's going to take a while. I think I've learned that with the creative stuff, they've got to be shorter or it bores people. So I'll probably do a string of shorter ones. I'll try to put the new links in my opening note on this thread. The first one will hopefully be posted sometime tonight. Thanks again everyone.

Jerry
2015-4-24
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-25 09:49
Thanks everyone for the comments! Back home in SD now, no rest for the weary. NRG, when my Wife snap ...

Love the wildlife shots Jerry. Not much flying here lately. We've had thunderstorms nearly everyday this week. Forecasting some better weather over the weekend. Peace brother
2015-4-24
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-25 10:09
Love the wildlife shots Jerry. Not much flying here lately. We've had thunderstorms nearly everyda ...

Ray,

The Wife and I love the wildlife stuff and love to shoot pictures. Nice walks with the camera and lots on the boat shooting the loons, duck and geese. Weather here is changing again as well. I hope we get some much needed rain now. Glad we didn't get it the last few days but I'm ready for it now.

Jerry
2015-4-24
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-24 08:37
Hey,
That would be cool to see, please share!..darn good thing they did not think your Phantom was ...

Finally got the clip put together.  Short 2 mins of bee time...

Phil
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-25 12:55
https://youtu.be/N8Bwdl0mSqk

Did you have any splattered on the props?
2015-4-24
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

I think that's pretty damned cool! Bee Is really checking Mary out! I'm surprised at how clear it actually is. Really neat!

Jerry
2015-4-24
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

That's some great pictures
2015-4-24
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-4-25 13:13
That's some great pictures

Tony,

Yeah, there're are some really cool photos/videos starting to appear in this thread! North's hawk pics and Bahama's bees were pretty cool! hope it continues!

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Now that is really cool!
2015-4-25
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-24 13:12
Good Night All!

Beautiful pictures!

Jerry,
I watched the GS Lake run - long distance.  But I got it from your channel I don't see it posted on the forum.  Anyway, thanks for the tour of the lake.  Very nice video and I didn't see anything questionable about the quality at all.  Beautiful area.  Package in the post in about 20 minutes from the time I posted this comment.

Chris
2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Loved that, the clarity of those little buggers was unreal!..and the "slo mo"...
Which video editing program are you using?
2015-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-25 21:40
Beautiful pictures!

Jerry,

Chris,

Thanks so much for the picture, a late anniversary present for the Wife. Really a very nice thing and much appreciated, my friend! The link should be on my very first post on this thread. I'm kind of taking your lead on this one. I liked the way you did it so I tried to replicate. Saves people from having to go through all of the posts to get the video links. Check it for me though when you get a minute. It's working for me but if it's not for anyone else it doesn't do much good. Glad to hear the quality was okay. The original seems better to me. Hope you get to do some more flying. I'll post more of the lake stuff as time permits. Thanks again, Chris!

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

Thanks all,
No bee splatter.  North, I use Magix Movie Edit 2015 Pro.   It was a download and I think it was only around $100.   I run all my video thru Predrenalin first to remove fisheye first.  Both are pretty straightforward.  It took me a while to find the right export settings so that they would run smoothly in youtube but if anyone decides to get the program (Magix Movie Edit), just let me know. I can send you the export specs!  
2015-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-25 22:09
Thanks all,
No bee splatter.  North, I use Magix Movie Edit 2015 Pro.   It was a download and I thin ...

Bahama,

Hey, have you ever used Movie Maker? Is this better? I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks to get a decent editor if it's actually better. The clarity of yours looked awesome. Are you at 720p 60fps on your camera? You should post your settings, I might like to try it out.

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-25 22:07
Chris,

Thanks so much for the picture, a late anniversary present for the Wife. Really a very nic ...

Jerry,
Yes the link works.  I tried to comment on the video but they are not enabled so gave it a thumbs up!  I sent a 13 x 19 print of the sunset, a 4 x 6 and a 5 x 7 of 'Flying with the eagles' and a short write up about settings.  Hope it arrives in good shape.  It should as I used a heavy duty tube.  Post office said Monday so that probably means Tuesday.

Chris
2015-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Unbelievable Chris! That's just plain awesome! The Wife will be thrilled as well. Thanks for all of your support, you have no idea how much it has meant to me.

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-25 22:14
Bahama,

Hey, have you ever used Movie Maker? Is this better? I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks ...

Jerry,
For some unknown reason, I can't get Movie maker to run on my system.  My settings are 720p, 60 fps.  metering is set at average ( dot and quarter circles),  and I bump my exposure down to -.3  .  I change my WB depending on the sky conditions.   Bumping the exposure down helps clear out the washed out look just enough to clear things up.  Try it... you'll like it!!  
2015-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-4-26 00:15
Jerry,
For some unknown reason, I can't get Movie maker to run on my system.  My settings are 720p ...

Thanks you very much Mr. Bahamasboy!

Jerry
2015-4-25
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules