12Next >
2142 41 2018-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311358 ft
United States

My Mavic Pro was stolen today, is there any way to track it or find out if someone else trys to fly it?  Thanks
2018-1-24
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

How was it stolen? Was the Mavic ON whiie it was stolen?

If it was ON, you might want to hurry before it goes off. There's a TXT file on your mobile device that contains important information about the flight. You'll need to identify the correct one, upload it to PhantomHelp, and then post a link here and we may be able to help you. The instructions for accessing and uploading the flight log TXT file is found here http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/.

You could also go to the function FIND MY DRONE - to find it open the app and on the first screen with a picture of a spark black on white BEFORE ENTERING DEVICE - on that first screen top right are 3 horizontal bars.
Tap on this menu and then go to FIND MY DRONE
This will show another map - check where the drone is recorded to be on this map - also check the overlays in that map - hope you will find it there.

(copy paste from another thread, thanks to DroneFlying and Bekaru Tree)
2018-1-24
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

I acutally sold it to a guy on Craigslist and he met me at the bank but payed with counterfeit money.
2018-1-24
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2018-1-24 10:04
I acutally sold it to a guy on Craigslist and he met me at the bank but payed with counterfeit money.

Well that is entirely different... I'm sorry but unless you can connect to your quad in some way we cannot help you. Your best bet is the police, this sub cannot do anything for you if you cannot connect to your Mavic.

Maybe you can contact DJI SUPPORT, tell them the serial number of your Mavic and show them a proof that you bought it, then ask them its location last time it was connected? I doubt it will work but you should really try this.
2018-1-24
Use props
Vincent.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459738 ft
United States

I acutally sold it to a guy on Craigslist and he met me at the bank but payed with counterfeit money.

You don't have the name of the thief this way?
2018-1-24
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

And phone number but the cops think it’s probably fake.
2018-1-24
Use props
Vincent.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459738 ft
United States

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2018-1-24 10:39
And phone number but the cops think it’s probably fake.

Worth a try. Otherwise just continue checking the app, maybe if he uses it without changing the account linked to the drone it might work. Good luck
2018-1-24
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Ain't gonna happen.
Just hit your homeowners/renters insurance and see if it's covered....
2018-1-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Go to Staples and get one of the currency pens to check money with. Ya i know to late but for next time you sell something. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

In the town near me one of the police stations has a couple parking spots (they have lots of cameras just for this purpose) for making sales with people you don't know. Take a money pen and meet them there during the daytime of course. People say when you tell them where to meet you there a lot of times they stop the deal or try to con you into going some place else lol Don't let them talk you out of it!
May i ask you what they were supposed to pay you for it? What the denominations of bills they used? I used to drive a taxi and checked bills all the time. Called the police a few times too but never got my money. Courts took it. A lot of times i asked for money up front if they looked the type. There's a lot of them types out there.
2018-1-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch. Being a banker I can tell you those pens doesn’t always work. Your beat bet is to have that person meet you at their bank and have them to withdraw the funds inside the bank. Little chance of being scammed. Plus you in a secure place with tons of cameras.
2018-1-24
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

I met him at the bank and he gave me the money in that banks envelope lol. I never would’ve thought it wasn’t above board.
2018-1-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-24 12:11
Ouch. Being a banker I can tell you those pens doesn’t always work. Your beat bet is to have that person meet you at their bank and have them to withdraw the funds inside the bank. Little chance of being scammed. Plus you in a secure place with tons of cameras.

Well the pens i use have the ultraviolet light on it so you can see the color of the plastic strip too. I also ran a printing press for 20+ years and know the feeling of all the different papers, linens, cottons etc.   
2018-1-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2018-1-24 12:13
I met him at the bank and he gave me the money in that banks envelope lol. I never would’ve thought it wasn’t above board.

ah k so he went in and asked for an envelope and ya ok or was he so fast at it you didn't see that exchange either lol
2018-1-24
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

First flag should have been that he didn't want to see it fly, or do a function test....
2018-1-24
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

We did fly it. I never saw him go in the bank, he was waited when I arrived.
2018-1-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:59

talk to the bank manager to obtain a photo. just take in the police report.
2018-1-24
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2018-1-24 12:13

Wow.. unfortunately you have to be skeptical of everyone nowadays
2018-1-24
Use props
duke123
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78930 ft
United States

Sorry Dude, hope you can get your bird back
2018-1-24
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I acutally sold it to a guy on Craigslist and he met me at the bank but payed with counterfeit money.

Contact FBI, I'm sure they want him.
2018-1-24
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-24 14:10
talk to the bank manager to obtain a photo. just take in the police report.

Over thinking it.  Most cities won't do anything about it even if he knew the name of the guy who stole it.  The police's job is to collect needed revenue through fines and keep the city's livability rating from getting too low versus others.  Not worth prosecuting.  The city would lose money capturing that career criminal.

2018-1-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2018-1-24 13:59

How did you find out the bills were no good?
2018-1-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-24 14:35
Over thinking it.  Most cities won't do anything about it even if he knew the name of the guy who stole it.  The police's job is to collect needed revenue through fines and keep the city's livability rating from getting too low versus others.  Not worth prosecuting.  The city would lose money capturing that career criminal.

It’s only over thinking if it’s not your property. Someone is asking for help in trying to get their property back. I’m giving advice on how he/ she may obtain that. We all have different opinions about how the law or laws work. Glad my city takes theft seriously.
2018-1-24
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-24 14:35

the FBI though is VERY interested in fake money
2018-1-24
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

I think its the Secret Service who do counterfeit money
2018-1-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Wirezfree Posted at 2018-1-24 15:41

Counterfeit money is FBI territory.
2018-1-24
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-1-24 15:43

O.K...

EDIT
I remembered why I thought it was the Secret Service.
There was a big counterfeit operation uncovered in 2002 > 2005 in Manchester U.K
There was a BBC documentary, and the US Secret Service were involved.

Anatasios Arnaouti

2018-1-24
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-24 14:53
It’s only over thinking if it’s not your property. Someone is asking for help in trying to get their property back. I’m giving advice on how he/ she may obtain that. We all have different opinions about how the law or laws work. Glad my city takes theft seriously.

Wish it was true that a city takes theft seriously.  I would like the harshest penalty possible levied at the perp.  Real jail time.  So you think I can get my tailgate for my truck back?  $1400 plus in value lost.  It is on video.  The truck that took it and the two guys are clearly seen.  There is a police report.

Detectives are mobilized and deployed to stop these guys and get the stolen property back.  Oh wait, no they aren't.   This was a work truck used by a worker who pays taxes.  You are talking about a radio control toy taken by one kid from another kid.  They only told you they take the theft seriously.  
2018-1-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-24 17:23
Wish it was true that a city takes theft seriously.  I would like the harshest penalty possible levied at the perp.  Real jail time.  So you think I can get my tailgate for my truck back?  $1400 plus in value lost.  It is on video.  The truck that took it and the two guys are clearly seen.  There is a police report.

Detectives are mobilized and deployed to stop these guys and get the stolen property back.  Oh wait, no they aren't.   This was a work truck used by a worker who pays taxes.  You are talking about a radio control toy taken by one kid from another kid.  They only told you they take the theft seriously.

good luck. anyway I hope you works out for the both of you.
2018-1-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Why was i asking questions when no one replied to them? I'm wondering if this is on the up and up?
2018-1-24
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

If you still have the serial number of your Mavic Pro then I suspect that dji have the capability to track it every time that it flies.

Whether they would want to pass on that info to yourself or a law enforcement agency is a whole new kettle of fish.

Given that, maybe they have the capability to brick it. Who knows ?  

* hex *
2018-1-24
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

I’m on my 3rd MP and this one was a replacement from DJI. I don’t know if I have the SN or not but I’ll try and find out. Thanks.
2018-1-24
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-24 15:43

The job of the Secret Service is to protect the president.
2018-1-25
Use props
Brendan1
lvl.2

United States

Did sending the Serial Number to DJI have any affect?
My Mavic was stolen just before Christmas.
2018-1-31
Use props
MavicDroner429
lvl.2
United States

No, DJI said there was nothing they could do.
2018-1-31
Use props
Brendan1
lvl.2

United States

MavicDroner429 Posted at 2018-1-31 11:05
No, DJI said there was nothing they could do.

Bummer.....
2018-1-31
Use props
Glenn Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146939 ft
Australia

This makes me really sad.
There is a long term solution. Ditch cotton. Too easy to counterfeit.

It was a problem in Australia in late 60's. Major problem!
The Australian Government decided enough was enough and the Reserve Bank developed a polymer substrate and production process with significant anti-counterfeiting properties (and ability to surf with it).
The result was the Guardian polymer which is now used in Canada, Mexico and UK to name a few. Although this company was recently sold to UK interests.

Hope you get the guy and our drone.
2018-1-31
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-1-25 04:21
The job of the Secret Service is to protect the president.

They must do other things when they are not busy
2018-1-31
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you got robbed.
This sux.

Makes me glad I only deal with people that I don't know through PayPal and ship to them. Even if in the same city.
I did one time deliver an Inspire 1 to a guy. We met at a stadium where I demonstrated the drone for him. But this was AFTER he had already paid me online through PayPal.
The 3% fee they charge is worth it to me for the protection afforded.
I would pursue the matter. Never know, you just might get somewhere.....
2018-1-31
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Wirezfree Posted at 2018-1-24 15:41

You are completely right. It's the US secret service that deals with counterfeit US money.  Its a huge part of what they do.

"Since its inception in 1865, the Secret Service was created to investigate and prevent counterfeiting. "

https://www.secretservice.gov/investigation/

Just sayin'.

Regarding the actual theft and return, etc...  DJI has really odd policies.  If you already registered it's very hard to transfer to another person.  I am positive that if they wanted to they could make the stolen drone inoperable, at the very least.  Please report it to costumer service and at least try.

Honestly, the "No stolen drone will work" idea could be a strong selling point for DJI if they wanted it to be.
2018-1-31
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2018-1-31 19:15
You are completely right. It's the US secret service that deals with counterfeit US money.  Its a huge part of what they do.

"Since its inception in 1865, the Secret Service was created to investigate and prevent counterfeiting. "

Thanks.....
2018-1-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules