3.12 problem DT7 Transmitter yellow light
4663 33 2015-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

I bought myself a Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3 for Christmas. I was on the computer calibrating the controller and the copter, when i noticed an "UPGRADE" was available. (wish i never saw it) I proceeded with the "UPRADE" everything seemed to go fine. When eveything was all done cycled power, as instructed. Now when I turn on the Transmitter it, beeps  twice, flashes green twice, then turns solid yellow. I can't power up the motors. I can't figure out what to do with it!! Everything else seems normal. The WIFI connects. The copter powers up. I can see the view on my iPhone. I can controll the gimbal. I can calibrate the compass. It looks like nornal except for the yellow light on the Transmitter, and the motors will not start. Thanks Phil

2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Phil.
Is it the RC or the Wifi Extender that is yellow?
Each have a charge port!
Are they both fully charged?
The RC takes about an hour and will turn green (when plugged in and turned off) when fully charged.
The wifi extender takes approx 4 hrs, from near empty to charge and same green lights when charged (in off state)...
You may need to Rebind the RC to the Phantom, simple to do...
Turn everything off!
Turn on Phantom. Turn Phantom over, press the red flashing button on bottom of Phantom, when it turns yellow, turn on RC!..when/if it turns red, everything should be synced..try that, easy and quick to do!Also, some had their RC switch modes and go into reverse...check the screens on the second post on this thread to be sure everything g is matching....
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ease%2Bpost&lang=en

2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

It's the the transmitter that has the yellow light. It's fully charged and so is the WIFI
2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 11:36
It's the the transmitter that has the yellow light. It's fully charged and so is the WIFI

Pg. 17 of manual,
You need to calibrate your remote..
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

I have calibrated the remote. (Many times). And I've rebound it a few. Still have the evil yellow light.
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 12:24
I have calibrated the remote. (Many times). And I've rebound it a few. Still have the evil yellow li ...

It's yellow because it is not fully charged.
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

This issue happened immediately after the 3.12 "UP RAID"  I had an awesome little machine until that. The thing is, I haven't found anyone (though searching the net) that had the same issue. I really don't wanna, but I'm thinking about the hard reset. Because it seems to be just the Transmitter.
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 12:56
This issue happened immediately after the 3.12 "UP RAID"  I had an awesome little machine until that ...

Did you have any incidents when you upgraded, like the upgrade stalling or not completing?
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

No issues on the "up raid" it went all the way to the cycle power just fine.
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 13:03
No issues on the "up raid" it went all the way to the cycle power just fine.

Your transmitter will be green light when fully charged.
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

Only "I" could come up with a problem NO ONE has heard of !!!!! LOL I think it's something really simple. I was worried about crashing it, not a software "up raid"
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 13:10
Only "I" could come up with a problem NO ONE has heard of !!!!! LOL I think it's something really si ...

Can you calibrate your sticks?  It has been asked before as a yellow light.
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

Yes, everything works, i just have a yellow light on the power LED, and can not start the wings.
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 13:20
Yes, everything works, i just have a yellow light on the power LED, and can not start the wings.

Are both the s1 and s2 switches in the top positions?
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

Yes, both switches straight up.
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 13:31
Yes, both switches straight up.

ok,  have you rebinded the TX to the Phantom?
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

Is there an "error code" for a yellow light on the DT7 that anyone has heard of ? Cause, I cant find one. I would like to know what it means. Which would lead to solving the mystery!!!!
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 13:37
Is there an "error code" for a yellow light on the DT7 that anyone has heard of ? Cause, I cant find ...

Not yet, they're still writing the manual.
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

I'll buy them a pen !!!!  LOL
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 13:43
I'll buy them a pen !!!!  LOL

Lets rebind the remote controller to the Phantom.
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

I've rebound it a few times.
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 13:49
I've rebound it a few times.

ok,  take the props off and move both sticks down and to the center.
2015-4-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The manual says Yellow light = Calibrate Transmitter.

When you calibrate, did you move all controls and switches ?
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

OK, So here's what i just did....I plugged the transmitter into the lap top. Opened the RC app. Turned on the transmitter. Calibrated the sticks. Powered down the transmitter. Plugged the copter into the lap top. Opened the assistant app. Powered on the Copter. Calibrated the sticks. Powered down the Copter. Then powered up the Copter. Held in the "Bind" button. Powered up the transmitter. Powered down the Copter. Powered down the transmitter. Powered up the transmitter. Powered up the WIFI. Connected to my iPhone. Powered up the Copter. Calibrated the compass. (successfully) Held the sticks down and in. And i got crickets!!!!! And an EVIL YELLOW LIGHT ON THE TRANSMITTER!!! No props on "Safety First"   But i can see the dog on my iPhone.
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

Yes Sir, every single stick and switch i could find.
2015-4-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-25 14:30
OK, So here's what i just did....I plugged the transmitter into the lap top. Opened the RC app. Turn ...

Then powered up the Copter. Held in the "Bind" button. Powered up the transmitter. Powered down the Copter. Powered down the transmitter. Powered up the transmitter.

Wrong.  Just press the small button/light on the right side by the back leg, it will usually be flashing red. press and release, then you will get a flashing yellow.  NOW, turn on your transmitter and the yellow flashing light will go out.  Power down everything and then power it back up, and move both sticks down and to the center.  Do not have the tx or the Phantom connected to the computer.
2015-4-24
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well it sounds like you have done everything you can to fix the problem, the next step would be to contact your dealer or DJI and get it looked at professionally.
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

That's what i meant. Powered up the Copter held the red bind button, released it, it was yellow. Powered up the transmitter. Binding those together. This all started with 3.12. "up raid"
2015-4-24
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-25 14:37
Then powered up the Copter. Held in the "Bind" button. Powered up the transmitter. Powered down th ...

You're a good dude, Gerry.

Jerry
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

I agree!!!  I appreciate this Gerry!!! I just don't understand what happened to my awesome little flying neighbor bugger!!!!!
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

What do you think of the Hard Reset? It scares me.
2015-4-24
Use props
phi-doo
lvl.1

United States

I just solved the problem!!!! I saw a post from "gil" His issue was different from mine. But, it turned my evil YELLOW light GREEN!!! His issue was that the gimbal was jerky going downward. The solution was calibrate the Transmitter alone. (without the computer) I followed the steps from his post and SHAZAM!!!! My bird can fly again!!! Thanks GIL, Thanks Gerry, Thanks Northof49thstreet. (lol)
2015-4-26
Use props
Jeiram
New

United Kingdom

phi-doo@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-26 17:24
I just solved the problem!!!! I saw a post from "gil" His issue was different from mine. But, it tur ...

Dude I would be grateful if you could post Gils link to this thread as I cannot find it anywhere.

Basically I've got the exact same issue as yours. Calibrated the sticks on the transmitter then bang the light turned yellow and it won't start up the drone. I can control the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal fine but just not the drone itself.

Help me please
2015-8-22
Use props
reelimage3
New

United States

Jeiram Posted at 2015-8-22 10:56
Dude I would be grateful if you could post Gils link to this thread as I cannot find it anywhere.

Here is a link that shows the steps.

2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules