1000 4 2018-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So, I just received Osmo handle and X5 adapter (among several peripheral accessories), trying to utilize X5 camera from my venerable Inspire 1 Pro. On initial power-up, however, X5 doesn't want to perform it's ritual dance. The gimbal remains lifeless (although internal fan starts working), displaying yellow LED light. I tried to perform obvious FW update, but no success: camera remains limp with yellow light for hours. Gimbal installed back on Inspire works just fine. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Well, the gimbal will remain crippled until OSMO receive DJI blessings ... I mean activation. This procedure, convoluted as humanly possible via WiFi, is described in official video tutorial for OSMO Mobile, but not a word of explanation for customers skipping the Mobile stage and starting the Osmo adventure with Pro incarnation. Oh well ...  
EDIT #2: Forgot to mention ... Obvious FW update procedure couldn't kick in, displaying stubborn solid yellow light on camera ... Until I decided to replace Sandisk card with Lexar brand ... boom! Go figure ...
2018-1-26
Use props
Ken Hovland
lvl.1
Canada

Hi - I did the same thing with the purchase of an Osmo handle to extend the use of my X5.  I have found that the connections between the handle and the gimbal are very critical (including the locking mechanism), and I would check that.  The other connection (between the lens and the camera) is also critical but more for the picture transmission to the tablet or phone.  Good luck - hope this helps.
2018-1-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ken Hovland Posted at 2018-1-28 15:26
Hi - I did the same thing with the purchase of an Osmo handle to extend the use of my X5.  I have found that the connections between the handle and the gimbal are very critical (including the locking mechanism), and I would check that.  The other connection (between the lens and the camera) is also critical but more for the picture transmission to the tablet or phone.  Good luck - hope this helps.

I don't know what else I can do to establish gimbal and handle communication ... Shake, wiggle, push, pull - the gimbal remains crippled like Stephen Hawking (alive but not able to move) ... My apologies for unfortunate comparison to one of the greatest minds of our time ...
EDIT: After several hours of Internet research and hair-pulling I've got my OSMO Pro system finally working, even with Focus Handwheel 2 and CrystalSky Ultra Bright monitor. It should be much easier with step-by-step written instructions, but perhaps I'm asking for too much. Oh well ...
2018-1-28
Use props
Ken Hovland
lvl.1
Canada

Hopefully it is stable (and repeatable!)  All the best!
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know the issue has got figured out, hope you have a great time with it.
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules