Mavic Air taillight not working after firmware update.
1847 9 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dari_017
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everybody, I know a lot of people still don't have these units on hand, but for the people that do maybe ya'll can help me or any administrators from DJI.
When I first got my Air on Saturday and I powered it on the taillight led was working fine and flashing in between yellow red and green like it's suppossed too. Now after upgrading the firmware , when the aircraft is powered on the taillight only flashes yellow for 2 seconds and remains off while the aircraft is on or flying.

I can't do a refresh of the firmware to rule a bug out because the current DJI Assistant 2 is not compatible with the Mavic Air. Is there maybe a setting on the DJI Go 4 app to turn this taillight off and on like with the front leds ? ( I couldn't find one ) , anything that can help me to rule out a defective led on the tailight is greatly appreciated since I have x amount of days to return the unit for exchange/refund and I don't know when is DJI releasing the next version of Assistant 2 that will be compatible with the Mavic Air. Thanks in advance.
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The new version of DJI Assistant has become available in the course of today: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-1-29
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-29 09:23
The new version of DJI Assistant has become available in the course of today: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Only for windows!

There are a number of settings for the LEDS now, maybe one of these is set wrong.
2018-1-29
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-29 09:23

Yes I saw that thank you to Buzzyone and too you as well. They just put it up because I checked in the morning when I woke and it wasn't there . Sooo everything is fixed now after refreshing firmware on the new DJI assistant 2 1.2.2 ( which now properly recognizes the Mavic Air but not it's remote controller ) and also doing a factory reset of the drone using assistant as well the tailight led started working again , it now displays all the proper colors according to what it is doing, so yes I'm relief now lol.

Quick discovering i did , while going thru all my setting again since I wiped out everything with the factory reset, if you go into the camera settings there is a setting called smart arm led's there you can set your front led's to auto turn off when recording start or keep on etc, and also you can turn off  or leave on the ( status led ) which is the taillight. So if you have a problem with the led's check camera settings under smart arm led's.

Wachtberger isn't your Mavic Air supposed to be delivered today ?
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

dari_017 Posted at 2018-1-29 09:56
Yes I saw that thank you to Buzzyone and too you as well. They just put it up because I checked in the morning when I woke and it wasn't there . Sooo everything is fixed now after refreshing firmware on the new DJI assistant 2 1.2.2 ( which now properly recognizes the Mavic Air but not it's remote controller ) and also doing a factory reset of the drone using assistant as well the tailight led started working again , it now displays all the proper colors according to what it is doing, so yes I'm relief now lol.

Quick discovering i did , while going thru all my setting again since I wiped out everything with the factory reset, if you go into the camera settings there is a setting called smart arm led's there you can set your front led's to auto turn off when recording start or keep on etc, and also you can turn off  or leave on the ( status led ) which is the taillight. So if you have a problem with the led's check camera settings under smart arm led's.

Great news then and thanks for sharing your findings! Thus what has happened in your case was probably the first firmware update overriding the previous settings (which is normal/frequent).
Yes, my Air is scheduled for today but the eagle has not yet landed. We'll see...
2018-1-29
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-29 10:23
Great news then and thanks for sharing your findings! Thus what has happened in your case was probably the first firmware update overriding the previous settings (which is normal/frequent).
Yes, my Air is scheduled for today but the eagle has not yet landed. We'll see...

Exactly one more reason why I don't like updating my quads with DJI GO 4 , and sure no problem happy to make it easier on everybody receiving their air soon.

Ha you're funny is it out for delivery already ? And also what color did you get ? let me know when you get it !
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

dari_017 Posted at 2018-1-29 10:33
Exactly one more reason why I don't like updating my quads with DJI GO 4 , and sure no problem happy to make it easier on everybody receiving their air soon.

Ha you're funny is it out for delivery already ? And also what color did you get ? let me know when you get it !

Mine is white and no news from DHL. It's 21:33 h here and I am mentally preparing myself for not receiving it still today... ;-)
2018-1-29
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-29 12:34
Mine is white and no news from DHL. It's 21:33 h here and I am mentally preparing myself for not receiving it still today... ;-)

Oh man that sucks , what is the tracking number saying  ?
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

dari_017 Posted at 2018-1-29 14:01
Oh man that sucks , what is the tracking number saying  ?

No news there and delivery time for today is long over. The only thing confirmed is that it has left DHL China on Saturday. Maybe it got stuck in customs, don't know. But I'm not going ballistic, it will arrive... ;-)
2018-1-29
Use props
dari_017
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-29 14:21
No news there and delivery time for today is long over. The only thing confirmed is that it has left DHL China on Saturday. Maybe it got stuck in customs, don't know. But I'm not going ballistic, it will arrive... ;-)

Gotcha , well either way you are in a way better position than most , at least yours is shipped and on its way , some people who ordered also on the 23rd don’t even have a tracking number yet.
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules