P3 Dual \ Slave Remote Feature
2452 4 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mick
lvl.1
United States

I have designed A dual remote setup for P2 and was wondering if there is intrest in this for P3. link below to P2 setup.  I could design for second remote being a P2 v3 utilizing Trainor port as a lot of people have these around.  I could add daughter board to P3 remote and you supply your own unmodified P2 v3 remote that would link via Trainor port.  Let me know.

[size=40.3942108154297px]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuVnIijQ-NM
2015-4-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

These use incompatible RC systems.  The P3 is on lightbridge while the P2 is on 2.4gHz.  You can use the Inspire Tx which has HDMI and the ability to link a slave Tx.  Since the only function that the second Tx will have is tilt and camera settings, I am not sure of the usefulness.  The ability to output streaming video via HDMI is a plus.
2015-4-27
Use props
mick
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-28 07:18
These use incompatible RC systems.  The P3 is on lightbridge while the P2 is on 2.4gHz.  You can use ...

You are correct that the P2 and P3 RC systems are incompatible as shipped.  The daughter board I designed  allows a digital data stream input.  In other words it does not use RF 2.4 Ghz or lightbridge frequencies.  I still need to open up a P3 remote to confirm but the approach I took should work.  

In regards to the second remote functionality .... in addition to camera settings and tilt you can also yaw the Phantom in IOC mode so you can point left / right.  This would be pretty close to the Inspire 1 second tx functionality.  HDMI can can be output from phone / tablet ( at least with Android its possible ).

I'm not sure if you could use an Inspire 1 tx as DJI has repeatedly said that a slave remote will not be available for Phantom 3.

2015-4-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

mick@duprey.me Posted at 2015-4-28 08:29
You are correct that the P2 and P3 RC systems are incompatible as shipped.  The daughter board I d ...

I used two Inspire Tx's at NAB as a Master and as a Slave so I can say categorically that this setup works.  You just need to have the Tx on the latest firmware.  It will be interesting to see what you have planned.  Good luck.
2015-4-27
Use props
davruns
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-28 09:03
I used two Inspire Tx's at NAB as a Master and as a Slave so I can say categorically that this set ...

Hey Ed,

when you used the 2 inspire one remotes on the P3, were you able to use IOC and control yaw on the 2nd remote?
2015-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules