Mavic Air Slow unless in Sport mode
4558 11 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2d98322e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30843 ft
Canada

When flying in regular mode the drone moves extremely slow, any ideas on how to improve performance or setting recommendations. When in Sports mode there is no issues.
2018-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Turning off OA will increase the air speed to the maximum cruising speed in p-mode - though be careful if flying at lower altitudes as the drone will obviously be blind to obstacles in all directions.
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Are you flying in high winds? Have you disabled ''beginner mode''?

How fast is ''extremely slow''?
2018-2-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

when you say it moves extremely slowly are you refering to aircarfts actual speed or are you refering to speep of gimbal movement, and yaw speed ect. If you means aircraft speed - then the way to do it is via sport mode - with practice and control you can make a drone move fast or slow in sport mode. if you are takling about gimbal and yaw speed etc - then these you can adjust by going into your settings - there are a few places that these various speeds can be adjusted -
2018-2-2
Use props
Tom.CH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47156 ft
Switzerland

Got about the same "feeling" today, on first flight with my new Mavic Air, compared to the Mavic Pro it seems to be rather slow in movement... but hey this drone is made for very small environments where flying a Mavic Pro cloud be easily dangerous... So saying the Mavic Air is slow, in my opinion is false, since it isn't unless in direct comparison with another much bigger drone...
2018-2-2
Use props
fans2d98322e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30843 ft
Canada

Yes I am referring to actual speed. I would still like to maintain OA. I will fly the craft again and make not of the actual speed. I have disabled biginner mode.
2018-2-2
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Tom.CH Posted at 2018-2-2 12:52
Got about the same "feeling" today, on first flight with my new Mavic Air, compared to the Mavic Pro it seems to be rather slow in movement... but hey this drone is made for very small environments where flying a Mavic Pro cloud be easily dangerous... So saying the Mavic Air is slow, in my opinion is false, since it isn't unless in direct comparison with another much bigger drone...

OP said extremely slow. I think he has some settings wrong or even a faulty unit.
2018-2-2
Use props
fans973b419a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1406834 ft
United States

Tom.CH Posted at 2018-2-2 12:52
Got about the same "feeling" today, on first flight with my new Mavic Air, compared to the Mavic Pro it seems to be rather slow in movement... but hey this drone is made for very small environments where flying a Mavic Pro cloud be easily dangerous... So saying the Mavic Air is slow, in my opinion is false, since it isn't unless in direct comparison with another much bigger drone...

I have the same problem as OP, but the Mavic Air is slow in comparison to my Spark. I don't have beginner mode enabled. The drone feels like it is in tripod mode.
2018-2-13
Use props
fansfb7ef039
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147569 ft
United States

same here, it feels extremely slow compared to my Spark... I wonder if something is wrong with the unit
2018-2-14
Use props
fansdeb85d2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140978 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel like its descent and take off speeds are really slow in comparison. Im only getting 2.8mph descent speed.
2018-2-14
Use props
fansfb7ef039
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147569 ft
United States

fansdeb85d2b Posted at 2018-2-14 09:59
I feel like its descent and take off speeds are really slow in comparison. Im only getting 2.8mph descent speed.

yeah, I get about the same, 2.9mph descent speed in GPS mode
2018-2-14
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

If o/a detects anything the drone will go very slow no matter how far you push those sticks.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules