Mavic air video feed signal loss
5581 14 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans473e667d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 620600 ft
Singapore

Hi,  i loss my mavic air video feed just 200m away in a plain field.  Please help
2018-2-6
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Try flying higher, let’s say, above 50 m. and see if any improvement. Fly at altitude where the Mavic can see you clearly.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please tell me the model of your device. Any error message? Please try to change a cable for further check. I would recommend you upload the video. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-11
Use props
fans969cbb25
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2292352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-11 01:20
Hi, there. Please tell me the model of your device. Any error message? Please try to change a cable for further check. I would recommend you upload the video. Thanks for your support.

i'm having the same problem with my air after its fw update ac s/n  0K1DECK2BC0805 iphone x as a screen
2018-2-11
Use props
fans0c466dba
New

Tanzania

fans969cbb25 Posted at 2018-2-11 03:48
i'm having the same problem with my air after its fw update ac s/n  0K1DECK2BC0805 iphone x as a screen

I have the exact problem. After 150m away i keep losing signal. This really sucks.
2018-2-11
Use props
fans17e8768b
New
Australia

Mine loses signal at around 70m away, directly above me in line of sight. here is the screen shot.

Tried flying out to 200m, massive lag in video, and constantly dropping out and attempting to return to home. eveyrthing in line of sight.
2018-2-11
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

it's difficult to say without more information about the flight. The following can cause bad signal performance:

1. Other devices in the area using the same frequency.
2. Obstacles in the area that block the signal.
3. Antennas on controller not positioned correctly.
4. Antennas on drone not folded down properly.
5. Other sources of radio interference.

I had issues with my Spark if I did not put my Apple watch into airplane mode while flying. This doesn't seem to be a problem with the Mavic Air for me. (I try to put it into Airplane mode every time but I have forgotten a couple times.)

Try setting the frequency manually. 2.4ghz (Channels 11 or below) usually offer a more reliable connection, especially at long distance, but this is not always true.  If you look at the screen where you select the frequency, you will see a bar graph of channel usage. The channels that have the highest usage are not going to offer as reliable a connection.
2018-2-11
Use props
fansa5525d40
lvl.1
Italy

Tom_A Posted at 2018-2-11 14:15
it's difficult to say without more information about the flight. The following can cause bad signal performance:

1. Other devices in the area using the same frequency.

hai aggiornato la app dji 4.2.6?
2018-2-16
Use props
BoyUtot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 281014 ft
Singapore

think u can see from other threads that this is a real problem. its not becoz of folded antenna orwhatever user blaming. I regularly fly drones in the places where I fly and the DJI Mavic Air really performs very very badly signal wise. Its a selfie drone. That's it. You cant fulm cinematics because the lag is so bad that you cant get smoothness and you dont really knoq what youre shootingbecause the video feed freezes or is lost all the time. Ive had it cur video feed literally above me. DJI please fix this. Too many lemons out there and its hurting the brand
2018-2-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 573054 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BoyUtot Posted at 2018-2-21 16:54
think u can see from other threads that this is a real problem. its not becoz of folded antenna orwhatever user blaming. I regularly fly drones in the places where I fly and the DJI Mavic Air really performs very very badly signal wise. Its a selfie drone. That's it. You cant fulm cinematics because the lag is so bad that you cant get smoothness and you dont really knoq what youre shootingbecause the video feed freezes or is lost all the time. Ive had it cur video feed literally above me. DJI please fix this. Too many lemons out there and its hurting the brand

Hi. You've actually referenced two issues: loss of RC signal, and video feed quality. The first is obviously due to signal strength between controller and craft, whereas the other may be due to your smart device not managing the video decoding well enough to display a clean, reliable image.

What device are you running DJI GO 4 on?
2018-2-21
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you connecting the video with a cable to the controller or through WiFi?
2018-2-21
Use props
fans473e667d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 620600 ft
Singapore

i did firmware update and FCC, everything is ok now. i can go 3km away without problem
2018-2-21
Use props
crossguard
lvl.1
Indonesia

I am in CE (Indonesia) and still having signal loss/video transmission issue at ~300m range using either 2.4 and 5.8GHz mode.

After reading some comment about Apple Watch, I think I will try again tomorrow while turning off my bluetooth watch (withings) since bluetooth has 2.4GHz frequency.Edit: Also I just realized that when in CE mode, 5.8GHz only gives you 500m range :/
2018-3-27
Use props
Kristoffer Linus
lvl.1
Denmark

I’ve been having the same issue since I got my Mavic air in March. It loses transmission beyond 150 meters. Same problem everywhere, even out in the country.
Sent it to DJI twice and they keep saying it’s because I mistreated it. (It has a minor scratch on the top plastic cover).
I’m fighting to get them to fix it still. Haven’t been able to do a proper flight with it ever.

Bad, bad customer service. Trying to tell me a cosmetic scratch in the plastic case affects the bad signal.
I am SO disappointed.
2018-7-1
Use props
deejaydroc30314
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61640 ft
United States

im having the same issues with my mavic air.....sent it in and they tried to tell me it was a main control board issue ........tried it with just wifi(no controller using smartphone as remote) worked great got reception for the allowed smartphone distance(80feet) so i contacted dji sent in the controller they gave me a new one and still with the controller i lose signal ........cant seem to figure it out tried everything from changing thewifi from 2.4 to 5.8 nothing changed ........this is mind boggling
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules