mavic air, stopping the motors with csc not inmediate
2509 13 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nethawk
lvl.1
Spain

Hi,

I'm trying to stop the motors of the Mavic AIR, using "method 2" or CSC and it's not working as I was expecting.

As far as I understund using method 1 should take 3 seconds, and using method 2 aka CSC, aka both sticks inside or outside down, should be immediately shutting down the motors.

Basically, it shutdowns after 3 seconds, because it's detecting  the left stick down. Starting the motors with the CSC works fine and they turn on inmediately.

I'm testing this after landing on flat surface.

Any ideas?
2018-2-8
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

yup just tested , about 3 seconds.  im good with that incase i ever accidentally put the sticks that way fooling around with some sport mode fun
2018-2-8
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually I can’t manually land mine, it will only land itself by holding down on the left stick.  Is that the same for everyone else?
2018-2-8
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

in my house i tried to land but there were objects in front and behind and it didnt want to land.  i turned the drone 90 degrees and was able to land

couldn't land mine yesterday over the snow though, had to grab it.  i would have grabbed it anyway , but it stopped descending about 4 feet above the ground so i noticed.
2018-2-8
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Seen on youtube when hand catching the air turn it 90 degrees sideways and it shuts down
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there.
To stop the motors, there are two methods as you mentioned. If the method two still doesn't work, you can try to restart the RC and the drone, and then calibrate the RC and finally relink the RC and the drone. Hope it helps. Thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
ataskii
lvl.1

I have tried today to stop Mavic Air motor mid air. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!
Can you pls help me to do this. I have calibrated the controller and stick commands go all the way to 100%.
When flying the Mavic Air does the move that is expected when you move sticks as instructed... but no motor stop.
I have given it over 5 sec time to react.
What can be wrong?
2018-6-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

ataskii Posted at 2018-6-3 09:32
I have tried today to stop Mavic Air motor mid air. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!
Can you pls help me to do this. I have calibrated the controller and stick commands go all the way to 100%.
When flying the Mavic Air does the move that is expected when you move sticks as instructed... but no motor stop.

Oh, I have a suspicion there but will need to verify myself tomorrow. I shall report back, promised!
2018-6-3
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Why stop motor in mid air? Aircraft will fall immediately when motor stops.
2018-6-3
Use props
ataskii
lvl.1

GDL Posted at 2018-6-3 17:24

I want to test something that will save my drone if power is lost, so I will not loose my drone. I cannot simulate power loss unless I can stop motors. I got many tips thanks for those. I have tried to look for emergency CSC configuration but I cannot find it in DJI Go app
I know I can save my drone in case of emergency...just wanted to give it ultimate test with real thing.
2018-6-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

ataskii Posted at 2018-6-4 08:25
I want to test something that will save my drone if power is lost, so I will not loose my drone. I cannot simulate power loss unless I can stop motors. I got many tips thanks for those. I have tried to look for emergency CSC configuration but I cannot find it in DJI Go app
I know I can save my drone in case of emergency...just wanted to give it ultimate test with real thing.

There is nothing to configure. Do the CSC and after 3 seconds the motors should stop. You can't have it below 3 seconds for safety reason (to avoid accidental use). Did it work for you in the end? P.S. I was not able to to test today if it is still working as promised yesterday.
2018-6-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

GDL Posted at 2018-6-3 17:24

Using this feature in flight is intended for rare emergency situations only.
2018-6-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

method007 Posted at 2018-2-8 10:00
Actually I can’t manually land mine, it will only land itself by holding down on the left stick.  Is that the same for everyone else?

If you turn Precision Landing off you should be able to land it.
2018-6-4
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I sense an impending catastrophe!
2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules