Must delete wifi settings before reconnecting RC
1150 12 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oxgrom
lvl.1
France

Hi,

I have a Spark combo since mid of december.
I am able to use the DJI GO app to control the Spark via the RC, so basically it works.
But the app never detects the Spark/RC when the phone is connected to the RC using it's Wifi network that is already stored in my phone.
I always have to :
  • delete on the phone any stored WIFI settings for the RC.
  • reconnect the phone to the RC and confirm I want to stay connected to this Wifi network even if does not provide an internet access.

My phone is a Galaxy S4 mini with Lineage OS 14.1 (Android 7.1)

Does any one know how to fix this ?

(It would be simpler and better to use the USB OTG, but well ... I'm afraid it never come back ...)
2018-2-10
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

bottom line is you need to see 5.8GHz inside the DJI GO 4 app which means your mobile connects to RC using 2.4GHz wifi
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please try to reset the wifi and build the connection again. Then you can enter the wifi-setting and choose "custom" selection and stay in 2.4 G. As some Android devices do not support 5.8 G. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-10
Use props
Oxgrom
lvl.1
France

S.J Posted at 2018-2-10 11:09
bottom line is you need to see 5.8GHz inside the DJI GO 4 app which means your mobile connects to RC using 2.4GHz wifi

When I can "Go Fly", I can see it in the wifi settings, so my phone support 5.8GHz.

The problem here is:
  • if the wifi network of the RC is not already registered in my phone, it works fine:
    1. I connect the phone to the wifi and confirm the phone I want to stay connected to this wifi that does not provide internet access
    2. DJI Go detects the RC+Spark and I can "Go Fly" as expected
  • But if the wifi network is already registered in the phone I can connect the phone to the RC wifi, but DJI Go never detect the RC/Spark. So I have to
    1. Delete the RC wifi settings from the phone,
    2. Reconnect the phone to RC wifi, with the password
    Then DJI Go detects at last my RC+Spark ...

To sum up, I have to reset the RC wifi settings in my phone each time I want to use the Spark ...
2018-2-11
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

1. yes, since your phone connects to Spark via WiFi then you will not have an internet connection anymore. WiFi takes precedence over 4G.
2. of course

for the second bullet, since you already connected your phone to Spark, the WiFi is saved. once you power up Spark, your phone will connect to Spark instead of RC. i would say it's normal behavior
2018-2-11
Use props
Oxgrom
lvl.1
France

dj_dread Posted at 2018-2-11 07:42
1. yes, since your phone connects to Spark via WiFi then you will not have an internet connection anymore. WiFi takes precedence over 4G.
2. of course

No, I never connected my phone to the Spark directly, I always connected it to the RC (Anyway since the Spark is bound to the RC, I never saw the Spark's wifi)
2018-2-11
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Romania

so you already connected your phone to RC WiFi. and it works.
but if you turn it off and you want to connect it again it does not work? is your phone already connected to a WiFi when you are doing this? if yes, you need to disconnect from the previous WiFi and manually select the RC WiFi
2018-2-11
Use props
Oxgrom
lvl.1
France

dj_dread Posted at 2018-2-11 08:06
so you already connected your phone to RC WiFi. and it works.
but if you turn it off and you want to connect it again it does not work? is your phone already connected to a WiFi when you are doing this? if yes, you need to disconnect from the previous WiFi and manually select the RC WiFi

Yes, I am always able to connect my phone to the RC Wifi.
But DJI Go is not able to detect the RC+Spark if the RC wifi is already registered in the phone (the phone is connected to the RC Wifi).

Let me give you two detailed examples:
Case 1: 1st connection to the RC, the phone does not have any registered wifi network, wifi is turned off.
  • start the DJI Go app
  • switch on the Spark
  • switch on the RC
  • turn on the phone's wifi and connect it to the RC (The RC Wifi is then registered in the phone)
  • DJI Go shows the "Go Fly" menu
=> OK, works as expected.

Case 2: I want to use my RC+Spark later, so the phone already know the RC Wifi.
  • start the DJI Go app
  • switch on the Spark
  • switch on the RC
  • If the phone's wifi is off, turn it on, the phone will automatically connect to the RC wifi.
  • DJI Go does not detect the RC+Spark and the "Go Fly" menu never appears ...
=> NOK, I have to:
  • manually delete the RC wifi from my phone.
  • manually reconnect the phone to the RC wifi (with password)
=> DJI Go finally shows the "Go Fly" menu

2018-2-11
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Oxgrom Posted at 2018-2-11 08:41
But DJI Go is not able to detect the RC+Spark if the RC wifi is already registered in the phone (the phone is connected to the RC Wifi).

this is exactly what we are speaking here. You are having this problem becos your phone cannot detect 5.8GHz even though  it displays 5.8GHz and 2.4GHz in the wifi section of the Go 4 app.
So the idea here is make the connection between SPARK and RC using 5.8GHz and the connection between RC and mobile using the 2.4GHz. But do note that the frequency at the top portion of the GO 4 app displays the connection between SPARK and RC  !!
2018-2-11
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Romania

it may be viceversa..the initial setup was 5.8 and was changed too 2.4. if using an Android phone then it would not detect the 2.4.
so, are you using iOS or Android? did you switched the settings to 2.4 instead of 5.8?
2018-2-11
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The second example which seems to be you're problem is not a real problem. Because you should start the dji go4 app after starting AC an RC not before.

Always turn on the RC at first, the AC, wait both to be linked, then start the dji go4 app.
2018-2-11
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

You even don't need to delete wifi network in your case, just close the app and remove it from the background then start the app again, you'll have connection with both.
2018-2-11
Use props
roco
New
United States

Oxgrom Posted at 2018-2-11 08:41

Oxygrom - I have exactly the same issue and work around that you have with a google pixel 2.  It looks like there were a few suggestions here.  Did any of them work for you?
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules