1185 6 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AD services
lvl.4
Flight distance : 697441 ft
Switzerland

Hello friends,

After long hesitation i convicted myself to upgrade to the last firmwares (AC and RC) of my Phantom 4 as test before making the step with my Inspires 1 and 2.

Well now i have a problem...whilst upgrading the firmware of the RC i had the message *Upgrade failed* at maybe 97%. I then hit the button RETRY and then nothing but a few beeps from my RC. Just after that a window on my tablet opened giving me the information that instead of using DJI GO 4 i should use the DJI GO App and upgrade there for my Phantom 3 Professionnal.
So first i have a Phantom 4 and not the Phantom 3 Professional and the worst thing is that whatever i try it never recognise my RC as an RC for Phantom 4. The LED indicator is not white/blue/red or green but something like in between white and blue. Also no more connection with the AC could be done.

Is there a solution for a hard reset please or can somebody from DJI chime in?

Thanks for any help, would be very much appreciated

Patrick
2018-2-18
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Ok connect using a pc and dji assistant from there you can do a factory reset then try reload the update using the computer.
Make sure you have a good internet connection prior to doing any updates.
2018-2-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-2-18 14:55
Ok connect using a pc and dji assistant from there you can do a factory reset then try reload the update using the computer.
Make sure you have a good internet connection prior to doing any updates.

The P4 controller cannot be upgraded using Assistant 2.
2018-2-18
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-18 15:31
The P4 controller cannot be upgraded using Assistant 2.

Ahh ok learn something new each day  lol
2018-2-18
Use props
Drone AD services
lvl.4
Flight distance : 697441 ft
Switzerland

Thanks Hellsgate and Aardvark,

Finally i found a solution to the problem using the ipad of my wife. Installed first the DJI GO 4 App and then connected to the RC and the update finalised within a few seconds. Really don't know what happened but maybe this was just a little hickup of the DJI server...
Anyway thanks for your assistance

Patrick
2018-2-19
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Drone AD services Posted at 2018-2-19 08:47

Finally i found a solution to the problem using the ipad of my wife. Installed first the DJI GO 4 App and then connected to the RC and the update finalised within a few seconds. Really don't know what happened but maybe this was just a little hickup of the DJI server...

Excellent result
2018-2-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone AD services Posted at 2018-2-19 08:47

Nice one, always worth a second or third attempt, thanks for the update.
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules