Switch RC to Control camera.
1323 8 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

I will assume this has been asked before, but a quick search came up with nothing.

The question I have, is whether there is a way to switch to camera control while in a hover position? I would like to hover in a particular location and be able to press and RC button and control the Camera. Thanks in advance.
2015-5-1
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

If you want to hover in one place  why not just use your finger on the screen to drag the gimbal around at will?
2015-5-1
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-5-2 00:30
If you want to hover in one place  why not just use your finger on the screen to drag the gimbal aro ...

I've done that, but it's just not optimal. Not a smooth way of doing it. Also, the time I tried, for whatever reason, be it me or the system, the bird went into ATTI mode. Just want to click a trigger, use the sticks to control the camera, and fly back home.

Also, if there were a "virtual stick" instead of current press hold and hope for the best, that would be good too.
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Have you configured the buttons on the back of the transmitter C1 and C2 via the RC control setting. I'm not sure if the top rolling wheels are customizable. I do however know the frustration trying to follow moving objects as a pilot/operator.  I've screwed up a few times by moving one of the wheels and altering a setting :/
2015-5-1
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-2 01:23
Have you configured the buttons on the back of the transmitter C1 and C2 via the RC control setting. ...

I have not. I'll check to see if I can program them as pan left and right. Instead of purchasing another remote it also would be nice if a person could just plug in another iDevice and control the camera that way as well. seems senseless to have another $650 controller when those tasks could be completed in another more efficient manner.
2015-5-1
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I have C1 programmed to switch the wheel between tilt and pan, and C2 to recenter the camera.

Between those you can do a pretty good job of operating the camera with a single remote while flying.

Not sure if this answers your question, but I've found it to be effective.
2015-5-1
Use props
jeff
lvl.1

United States

damn good idea Jim hadn't thought of that....guess I never noticed the pan/tilt option....then again my eyes aren't what they used to be and I don't have a sunshade....well I have successfully turned this post into a whine-fest singlehandedly so I"m going to go now lol I'll be here all week :p
2015-5-3
Use props
New

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-2 06:11
I have C1 programmed to switch the wheel between tilt and pan, and C2 to recenter the camera.

Betwe ...

I'd love to know how you programmed C1 and C2 ...

thanks,

I'm clearly a noobie
2015-7-16
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

896814628 Posted at 2015-7-17 04:45
I'd love to know how you programmed C1 and C2 ...

thanks,

There's a preference in the RC control settings in the app.   Drop down menu allows you to select what each button controls.
2015-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules