How to connect phone only
467 3 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jok178
lvl.1

Australia

G'day, love the Air but can't work out how to connect WiFi only.
What this wrong with my steps:
Turn on mavic
Hold function for 2 beeps
Connect phone WiFi
In app go fly
Select connect with wifi
Get to stage 3 and it asks me to connect, but I am already connected.
???
Profit.

I got nothing.

Also, DJI if you are listening: give me back the waypoint functions which I paid for when I preordered. This drone is targeted for adventurers, we don't have the luxury of dragging a camera man up a mountain to film us. We need automation, we need waypoints,we need a tapfly crossed with active track (fly by wire).
2018-2-19
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

Wifi might take a try or 2 to get it to connect. Once the phone has an IP from the Air's Wifi the app will connect. It has been working pretty reliable for me.

After using Wifi you have to re-link the RC though
2018-2-19
Use props
Jok178
lvl.1

Australia

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-19 02:06
Wifi might take a try or 2 to get it to connect. Once the phone has an IP from the Air's Wifi the app will connect. It has been working pretty reliable for me.

After using Wifi you have to re-link the RC though

Cheers but I am upto try 9 on two separate Airs. Does it work with all phones? I run Pixel 2
2018-2-19
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

Jok178 Posted at 2018-2-19 03:18
Cheers but I am upto try 9 on two separate Airs. Does it work with all phones? I run Pixel 2

Maybe you have to accept the Wifi because it does not provide internet. The "clever" android thinks it is a broken wifi and disconnects. If it remains connected to wifi it should work. Check if you have an IP address on the Mavic wifi. If so it should work unless your phone has a weird routing issue or something. Did you try with celluar disabled?
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules