High resolution, 3D, Panoramic, Interactive photo
2542 24 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

High resolution, 3D, Panoramic, Interactive photo of Barrowford I did the other day. You can rotate 360 degree's zoom in and out and look everywhere:
Barrowford

2015-5-2
Use props
petersilver
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Looks good. Did you line it up and take the pics individually or just spin round slowly on a set sequence of shots?
2015-5-2
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi David Very nice and clever, come on how did you do this? I live near Aberdeen Scotland and would love to do this near my town
2015-5-2
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Absolutely fantastic.
It would be great if you could point people on the right direction on how to achieve this.
2015-5-2
Use props
stevenstringer
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi David looks amazing, can you let me know the processs of how to create this. Where did you shoot this refreshing to see a British scape!! Nice one
2015-5-2
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry i should have said, i took all the pics individually spinning around at 4 different levels, stiched them together and used panotour to create the virtual tour.
2015-5-2
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Ok...hold on...with the crappy sensor size of the camera, one can't zoom into a photo at all without it looking like total crap.  I noticed that you can with your pics, and they look ok.  

I'm not trying to be mean, but, are they all standard I1 photos?  What did you do (and use) in Post before you stitched them together?

It's a bloody great panoramic 360, mate!  Very good regardless...

Let us know?
2015-5-2
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I'm interested in this as well! Would you be able to give us a step by step?
2015-5-2
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

David Askew Posted at 2015-5-2 19:32
Sorry i should have said, i took all the pics individually spinning around at 4 different levels, st ...

Awesome David...what software did you use to stitch?

BL
2015-5-2
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Grahamj - Indeed it was all done with the Inspire 1 camera. I simply took around 35 or so photos doing a 360 degree rotation at 4 different levels so I got from top to bottom coverage.

I put that into PTGui Pro to stitch it all together and get a final image with a resolution of 14208x7104 at 300dpi.

That was put into Kolor Panotour which creates the webpage for you. It does it at all different resolutions as well which I believe is why you can zoom in.
2015-5-2
Use props
ea6le
lvl.2

Turks and Caicos Islands

Check this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10297
2015-5-2
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

petersilver Posted at 2015-5-2 16:46
Looks good. Did you line it up and take the pics individually or just spin round slowly on a set seq ...

Sorry, looks bad. You have a steep learning curve to master.  
2015-5-2
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

panox Posted at 2015-5-3 06:03
Sorry, looks bad. You have a steep learning curve to master.

Said the guy using MS Paint???

Okay - sorry.  That was uncalled for (my response).   I liked it and am glad he posted it.  No need to tear the guy down.
2015-5-2
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I know the end result is not 100% perfect but im hapoy with it. Im not a professional and thats more the reason im really chuffed with the results.

ea6le: yeah thats free and great but i think panotour which is not free does a better job because it creates it in different resolutions so the zoom is not blurred like it is on that post.

Im not saying its the best but i like it and am chuffed with what is possible with my new toy and a bit of clever software.
2015-5-2
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Germany

dmytchak Posted at 2015-5-3 06:25
Said the guy using MS Paint???

This screenshot was made and edited by Hypersnap. And this guy is using PTGUi for stitching by using viewpoint correction and Photoshop to eliminate bad horizon stitching. Each panorama of this guy is a work of many hours. And he is struggling with saturation, contrast, sharpness and many other filters to enhance the quality of the camera footage.  I'm surprised, what you are willing to overlook. Send me the images and I can try to fix these issues. I do not want to blame you but with a little more effort you can show better results.
2015-5-2
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

panox Posted at 2015-5-3 08:12
This screenshot was made and edited by Hypersnap. And this guy is using PTGUi for stitching by usin ...

excuse me for saying but your a bit critiacal panox
2015-5-2
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

David the main point is you and most of us UAV hobbyists are happy and amazed with it, well done and looking forward to your next one
2015-5-2
Use props
FlyRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708842 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Would be great that dji pilot can make automatic photo for 360 panorama
2015-5-3
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Germany

FlyRi Posted at 2015-5-3 16:04
Would be great that dji pilot can make automatic photo for 360 panorama

Hi David,  

I'm afraid I have to correct, I'm not a bit critical, as a member of http://www.panorama-community.net  I am used to give feedback the way I have done it here.  

This feedback is not meant to be dismotivating but showing the weak parts of panoramas.

Most members give credit to these hints and tipps.

If you are really interested in improving your panorama-skills, I can be helpful in a constructive manner.

Best regards and keep on working...   

Harald

www.szenerien.de
2015-5-3
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well done David. Regardless of all the unnecessary criticism, you have done a great job. This is certainly fun and very enjoyable to see, so I will be giving this a try myself.
2015-5-3
Use props
David Askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thank you to everyone who gave kind comments
2015-5-3
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

panox Posted at 2015-5-3 16:23
Hi David,  

I'm afraid I have to correct, I'm not a bit critical, as a member of http://www.panora ...

Harald,

Thank you for posting this.   So much is lost in text messages and it's hard to ascertain if a post is gunuinely intended as friendly criticism or a detrimental post.   I admit, my post regarding MS Paint was not on the nurturing side.     

This forum does seem to be plagued with a few bad apples (ehem .. Reggae.. dreadlocks) and perhaps we are in defensive mode (or perhaps just me).

I for one appreciate the clarification and happy that we can all move on.

-David
2015-5-3
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Germany

dmytchak Posted at 2015-5-4 00:21
Harald,

Thank you for posting this.   So much is lost in text messages and it's hard to ascertain  ...

Thank you, David, for your estimation and clarifying words. I admit, my first posting was too short and lacked politeness. Sorry, David, for this.

I agree that the main part of your panorama is well done. And it is an interesting scenery.

All these stitching-errors near the nadir and at the horizon can be avoided by using PTGUis viewpoint-correction and the stamp-tool of PS.

The black hole can be hidden by the settings in most of the players.

I hope, that useful hints are not taken as "unnecessary critisism".  :-)

All the best,

Harald
2015-5-3
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

David,

Can this method be used on a MAC or is there a Mac software version ?
2015-5-3
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

GREAT JOB... Thanks for sharing!
2015-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules