Gimbal damage, repair costs
6505 10 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ErikFerreira
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello everyone. Yesterday I crashed my Mavic Pro, and the gimbal got damaged. The motors work, the camera captures, but it wont respond to my tilting commands, and I get that "gimbal motor overload" warning. I checked if the gimbal is in place, and it is. Anyway, I took it to my local oficial DJI store, and they said that it could be just the ribbon cable. Today I got a call from the store, and they said its not just the cable, and the whole thing needs to be replaced. The value they quoted for the gimbal replacement was 430 euros, which I thing is ridiculously high. I would like to get people's opinion on this, did this happen to any you? How much did you pay? I find it strange that they said the whole thing needs to be replaced, when the camera works fine, for example.

I came across this page, and there are different prices for specific parts of the gimbal: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry

This sucks

2018-2-25
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22884 ft
United States

At that price I would just order a new Mavic Pro.
2018-2-25
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

I would ask on Mavicpilots.com

They have people repairing drones on there like @thunderdrones. You could send your drone to one of these guys and I'm sure they could repair it for a much lower price.
430 euros is WAY too high. Don't let DJI repair your drone, ask them to send it back.
2018-2-25
Use props
ErikFerreira
lvl.1
Portugal

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-25 11:29
I would ask on Mavicpilots.com

They have people repairing drones on there like @thunderdrones. You could send your drone to one of these guys and I'm sure they could repair it for a much lower price.

I will post there, although since I live in Portugal I don't think it would be worth it

But thanks for the tip!
2018-2-25
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-25 11:29
I would ask on Mavicpilots.com

They have people repairing drones on there like @thunderdrones. You could send your drone to one of these guys and I'm sure they could repair it for a much lower price.

That would void the guarantee but who knows when he will crash it again?
2018-2-25
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

ErikFerreira Posted at 2018-2-25 11:30
I will post there, although since I live in Portugal I don't think it would be worth it

But thanks for the tip!

I'm sure you could still pay a lower price than with DJI. The Mavic is not very heavy.
2018-2-25
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Swedrone Posted at 2018-2-25 11:31
That would void the guarantee but who knows when he will crash it again?

I wouldn't care about the guarantee. I paid 700 USD for my drone and DJI wants 530 USD to repair this guy's gimbal. Not even the camera, just the gimbal. Lol.
2018-2-25
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-25 11:36
I wouldn't care about the guarantee. I paid 700 USD for my drone and DJI wants 530 USD to repair this guy's gimbal. Not even the camera, just the gimbal. Lol.

The gimbal is expensive so the throw in they drone for free
2018-2-25
Use props
ErikFerreira
lvl.1
Portugal

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-25 11:36

Yes its ridiculous that they are charding me this much. Specially considering that specific parts of the gimbal costs waaay less, as stated on their own website.

2018-2-25
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 137362 ft
Australia

I had the Gimbal mount snap off within the first week I had my MP (the whole Gimbal was flopping about.. just hanging by the ribbon cable) .... Was quoted $80 (Australian) to fix it... but they replaced the whole drone.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Erik, I am sorry for your crash. Please kindly send the drone in, our engineers will make damage assessment when we receive the drone and send you the invoice. Please contact our support on this page to start a case. If there is a need, you can also purchase DJI Care Refresh plan for the drone which covers the crash of pilot error and so on, if details needed, please visit: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules