761 20 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sasha__sky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2729321 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello .My Phantom 4 pro for a long time does not fly in a straight line.I know that this is a common problem with the Drones DJI, but can you at least partially solve this problem. Also, during the hanging, the drone rotates slowly around its axis, the rotation is almost not noticeable, but it is there. It is necessary to correct this by rotating in the opposite direction, so that the drone stops the rotation. This creates inconvenience in photographing. Compass readings are normal, all calibrations are performed.So the drone behaves almost out of the box. Are there ways to solve these problems?
2018-2-27
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

What about a "factory default" and then reflash the firmware?
2018-2-27
Use props
Sasha__sky
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-2-27 00:17
What about a "factory default" and then reflash the firmware?

Of course)
2018-2-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

What ever it is mine is doing the same, after FW upgrade it never was as stable as when new.
Quite annoying and has made the P4P unusable for taking 3D stills.

Seem to be something with the compass but no calibration will fix it, good luck.
2018-2-27
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

If you open "Remote Controller Calibration" are all stick values 0 as with me?
2018-2-27
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-27 00:39
What ever it is mine is doing the same, after FW upgrade it never was as stable as when new.
Quite annoying and has made the P4P unusable for taking 3D stills.

What about the beta version of the newest firmware?
Could it possibly solve the problem? <- question for DJI

Im on the .0602 firmware .. It's working like a charm.
2018-2-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-2-27 00:58
What about the beta version of the newest firmware?
Could it possibly solve the problem?

I think it only is a fix for the inverted camera problem.
With the speed it was released i think they just have pulled the camera module from the former release and put in a new version.
For sure it will not fix the unstable hovering but thanks
2018-2-27
Use props
Sasha__sky
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

tompahr Posted at 2018-2-27 00:55
If you open "Remote Controller Calibration" are all stick values 0 as with me?
[view_image]

Yeah, I calibrated stickies, too. Thanks.
2018-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Slow rotation during hovering usually indicates a compass issue.
If it does that up high away from any influence on the ground, the compass requires calibration.
2018-2-27
Use props
Sasha__sky
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-27 01:27
Slow rotation during hovering usually indicates a compass issue.
If it does that up high away from any influence on the ground, the compass requires calibration.

Compass I try not to calibrate if the readings are within the norm, but as an option you should try . Thanks.
2018-2-27
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've had these same issues on all my DJI drones from the P3A, P4 and now P4P. I know exactly where you're coming from but only those pilots who hqv clocked up many hours will notice it. No calibrations (compass, IMU or sticks) will fix it.

The birds almost always don't fly in a straight line and as you mentioned, when you stop the bird to take stills, it rotates on its yaw axis and you need to rotate it around the opposite way in order to counteract it. Very annoying if you're doing long exposures or AEB.

I doubt there'll be a fix since it's been around for years and inherited by every phantom.
2018-2-27
Use props
Sasha__sky
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

gyrex Posted at 2018-2-27 02:56
I've had these same issues on all my DJI drones from the P3A, P4 and now P4P. I know exactly where you're coming from but only those pilots who hqv clocked up many hours will notice it. No calibrations (compass, IMU or sticks) will fix it.

The birds almost always don't fly in a straight line and as you mentioned, when you stop the bird to take stills, it rotates on its yaw axis and you need to rotate it around the opposite way in order to counteract it. Very annoying if you're doing long exposures or AEB.

I agree on all the points. The same problems were in all my drones from the DJI. I thought that all the same there is a solution (at least partial) of this problem. One of these days it was necessary to remove a direct flight over a perfectly straight road, I could not do it, the drone constantly flew off the trajectory with a big error. I rarely fly on a straight trajectory, but it was a shame not to make it simple
2018-2-27
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

It is winter now and I have no conditions for flying but I have not noticed this problem either on P2 or on P4. As soon as I get a little warmer I'll try to make a short movie with P4 - I'll let him hover in place.
2018-2-27
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try doing an IMU Calibration. It is located in the advanced settings along with the compass. Do iron a flat level surface.
2018-2-27
Use props
Sasha__sky
lvl.1
  • >>>
Russia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-2-27 04:42
Try doing an IMU Calibration. It is located in the advanced settings along with the compass. Do iron a flat level surface.

IMU I have calibrated . It practically does not help. Thanks.
2018-2-27
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sasha__sky Posted at 2018-2-27 04:45

It maybe the ESC then. Better send it in for repair.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sasha, could you upload the screenshot of About page and some sample videos for analysis? I'll forward to engineers for review.
2018-2-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

In regards to the not flying straight, this could be the camera not pointing straight forward. We see our direction and target on the screen thne it should be a Q of just pushing the stick straight up but if camera is pointing to the side it will seem that AC is flying off direction.
2018-2-28
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sasha__sky Posted at 2018-2-27 04:45

Correct, calibrating the IMU or anything else won't fix it. I've had 6 phantoms and they've all had the same issues you've mentioned. It's something you have to get used to and live with unfortunately.
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_J0vGhQeqN5zC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483629 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-27 23:42
Hi Sasha, could you upload the screenshot of About page and some sample videos for analysis? I'll forward to engineers for review.

Oto przykład jak mój p4p obsidoan wraca w trybie rth. Leci bokiem
motomix24.po@gmail.com
Pozdrawiam
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_J0vGhQeqN5zC Posted at 2018-3-5 16:03
Oto przykład jak mój p4p obsidoan wraca w trybie rth. Leci bokiem
motomix24.po@gmail.com
Pozdrawiam

I've read your post and replied as well. The latest official firmware has been released, please update when you receive it: https://forum.dji.com/thread-139316-1-1.html
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules