DJI Mavic Air sound volume higher than other DJI drones?
1500 7 2018-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJREM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174482 ft
Germany

Hello everyone,

I noticed that the Mavic Air is fairly louder when in operation compared to for example the Phantoms? Is that something you can confirm or is this just me? Also, does it help concerning the volume level when the propeller covers are mounted?

/Cheers
2018-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is almost no difference except the Mavic PP, IMO P4Pro is louder and Spark is about the same, and the difference is not going to make any real difference, anyone who doesn’t own a drone find them all loud, but not louder that tractor mowers or formula 1 racing cars, lol
2018-3-4
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

sadly it is louder, more annoying and  little higher pitch sound. Soundmeter did show like 1-3dB difference to spark (MAir lauder) when hovering in open space, but thats nothing compared to sport mode
worst cases I was able to hear it around 450m away on full power none of my other normal drones can compete with it when it's in sport maxed. I think this is one of those problems we have to live now and hope for a 3-rd party solution (different props).
2018-3-4
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

I don't mind the louder sound I can hear it when its on its way back home.
I have lost it in the bright sun so the extra sound is ok for me.
2018-3-4
Use props
DJREM
lvl.1
Sweden

KREMi Posted at 2018-3-4 08:49
sadly it is louder, more annoying and  little higher pitch sound. Soundmeter did show like 1-3dB difference to spark (MAir lauder) when hovering in open space, but thats nothing compared to sport mode
worst cases I was able to hear it around 450m away on full power  none of my other normal drones can compete  with it when it's in sport maxed. I think this is one of those problems we have to live now and hope for a 3-rd party solution (different props).

That is exactly my impression, too. Especially in open space, I can hear it for hundreds of meters. I was flying together with someone using his Phantom and the Phantom was way less loud which surprised me since it is way bigger and heavier.
2018-3-4
Use props
DJREM
lvl.1
Sweden

sky6105 Posted at 2018-3-4 08:53
I don't mind the louder sound I can hear it when its on its way back home.
I have lost it in the bright sun so the extra sound is ok for me.

The downside is that in denser areas people hear it faster, stare at it and get annoyed more quickly.
2018-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJREM Posted at 2018-3-4 08:58
That is exactly my impression, too. Especially in open space, I can hear it for hundreds of meters. I was flying together with someone using his Phantom and the Phantom was way less loud which surprised me since it is way bigger and heavier.

I have a P4Pro and MavAir is quieter, I don’t know of any phantom that is quieter than Mavic Air and if you can hear it at 400 metres then you have exceptional hearing.
2018-3-4
Use props
DJREM
lvl.1
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-4 09:07
I have a P4Pro and MavAir is quieter, I don’t know of any phantom that is quieter than Mavic Air and if you can hear it at 400 metres then you have exceptional hearing.

Well, thank you for the compliment.
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules