Please help! Defective Mavic warranty repair issue
799 7 2018-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavCT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228530 ft
United States

I've now spoken with four different people at DJI about my defective Mavic but continue to be given the run around. I just received an email from a manager at DJI who was reviewing my case (and I was confident that it was going to be resolved at this point) but he basically states they flat out are not willing to repair my Mavic unless I pay $231. Here is a summary of the situation:

• Purchased my Mavic Pro July 20, 2017 from authorized retailer. Unit never crashed or abused, as confirmed by repair team.
  • Began noticing occassional OOF (out of focus) shots in the fall of 2017 that I believed were me not autofocusing correctly with the new touch to focus system or wind affecting flight stability.
  • January 2017 - The problem worsened to the point where I believed something was defective. But because at least 50% of shots were still in focus I did not immediately send it in for repair.
  • February 2017 - I began doing more video where the problem became much more noticable and the majority of photos now appeared blurry.
  • February 22, 2017 - Contacted DJI via email and phone and provided sample photo and video showing the issue. Spoke with a customer service representative who told me the unit had to be sent in for warranty repair based on the description.
  • March 2, 2017 - Received $231 bill for gimbal repair stating that it is only covered under six month warranty. Spoke with customer service extensively about this. Was told flat out that there was nothing they could do. Was transferred and then was told the same thing but they created a "new case to be reviewed my management".
  • March 6, 2017 - Received email from management saying there is nothing they can do and I need to pay the $231.

Looking at this forum it appears these situations are extremely common. I now have a $1000 paperweight barely seven months into ownership that has been used infrequently, never crashed, appears like new, but has had increasingly blurry images and video to the point of being unusable. It is now sitting in a warehouse in Texas and the four people I've been in contact with at DJI say there is nothing they can do for me.

For others who have encountered these issues, what have you done to get it resolved? Thank you
2018-3-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Should have sent it back at first hint of a problem.  
2018-3-6
Use props
MavCT
lvl.2
United States

I didn't know it was a true defect until the issue got far worse very quickly right around six and a half months of ownership when I contacted DJI. At first it was just a few out of focus shots that seemed fine once I refocused (I believe just by coincidence). I use the drone professionally so it didn't make sense to send it back when the majority of the time it worked fine. Once the problem progressed I contacted DJI support thinking this would be a simple issue to fix (everything is pristine on the drone, never crashed, not a scratch on it). Now I have been without it for over two weeks and had to resort to borrowing a family member's Phantom for professional work as my budget doesn't permit me to invest in a backup yet.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

MavCT Posted at 2018-3-6 15:20
I didn't know it was a true defect until the issue got far worse very quickly right around six and a half months of ownership when I contacted DJI. At first it was just a few out of focus shots that seemed fine once I refocused (I believe just by coincidence). I use the drone professionally so it didn't make sense to send it back when the majority of the time it worked fine. Once the problem progressed I contacted DJI support thinking this would be a simple issue to fix (everything is pristine on the drone, never crashed, not a scratch on it). Now I have been without it for over two weeks and had to resort to borrowing a family member's Phantom for professional work as my budget doesn't permit me to invest in a backup yet.

What is the Repair ID? Please send me a personal message regarding your repair as well as your concerns on the status of the repair.
2018-3-6
Use props
MavCT
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-6 15:41
What is the Repair ID? Please send me a personal message regarding your repair as well as your concerns on the status of the repair.

Mark, I sent you a personal message with case numbers and further info. Thank you very much for looking into this
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi MavCT, we've checked your case and do not find any promise that it will be a warranty case. As the gimbal has been out of warranty, the local team send you the quotation. Sorry about this. I understand how you feel, will forward this to the designated team for further follow-up. If the similar issue appears, it is suggested to contact DJI Support at the first time.
2018-3-7
Use props
MavCT
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-7 02:24
Hi MavCT, we've checked your case and do not find any promise that it will be a warranty case. As the gimbal has been out of warranty, the local team send you the quotation. Sorry about this. I understand how you feel, will forward this to the designated team for further follow-up. If the similar issue appears, it is suggested to contact DJI Support at the first time.

I was told by one of the representatives (Alexia or Juicy) that there were notes in my account stating warranty repair. The repair team also confirmed that there were no signs of abuse. Will someone from the "designated team" be reaching out to further discuss this issue? I plan to take whatever steps necessary to get this resolved. I was going to sell my Mavic and order the Mavic 2 as soon as it was released but based on this experience I may no longer be a DJI customer. Thank you for looking into this
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MavCT Posted at 2018-3-7 13:57
I was told by one of the representatives (Alexia or Juicy) that there were notes in my account stating warranty repair. The repair team also confirmed that there were no signs of abuse. Will someone from the "designated team" be reaching out to further discuss this issue? I plan to take whatever steps necessary to get this resolved. I was going to sell my Mavic and order the Mavic 2 as soon as it was released but based on this experience I may no longer be a DJI customer. Thank you for looking into this

Sorry for the confusion. The management is investigating your case and will keep following. Thanks for your patience.
2018-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules