Another Blustery Day
538 12 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

The sun was out in full force and while the temperature was still a bit chilly and the winds a bit blustery, I could not resist the clear skies.
I stuck close to home by visiting a veteran's memorial for a quick flyover.
It was probably the windiest weather I've flown in. At times the gusts were strong enough to shift the camera gimble.

As windy as it was, I didn't tempt fate for long. I only made one long pass at the memorial and here is what I came up with.

I did notice that the video darkened as I passed over the memorial. Not sure if that was due to the reflection from the bleachers causing the lens to stop down or just a fluke occurrence.

Also, does anyone know how to fade out the music tracks on YouTube? I like the selection of free music you can add to videos. Just wish you could fade things out.
2018-3-14
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

You can customize two of the buttons on the Spark controller.  I have the one on the back set to lock exposure.  It is helpful in instances just like yours and will prevent an exposure change in the middle of a video.  You should try it out.

I agree with you on the youtube music thing.  I noticed the inability to fade out music on my last video as well and was disappointed.

cool video by the way.
2018-3-14
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have had the exposure change like that...SCoutts has two posts with video on exposure control.  I made my FN button my Exposure Locked/Unlocked key.  If I like the initial exposure that Auto mode gives, I then hit the FN button and lock the exposure (you will actually get a message popup on the screen saying Exposure Locked...tap the FN button again to unlock but you won't see any message).  Then as I move about, the exposure stays constant with no fluctuations like in your video.
2018-3-14
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the exposure lock tip!
Will definitely try it out.
2018-3-14
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

nice shot mate
2018-3-14
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice Video!
2018-3-14
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Great video, thanks for posting!
2018-3-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shot!
2018-3-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good looking footage
2018-3-15
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

Do you know what the actual wind speed was? I noticed the way the flag was waving in the breeze. Where I live, it seems that it is always windy. Today, UAV Forecast says it is blowing at 27 mph at ground level and gusting to 57 mph at 200 feet up. My Spark is just sitting on the table looking sad.
2018-3-15
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
United States

Weather observations show wind speeds in the area ranging from 12-16mph with gusts as high as 28mph.
2018-3-15
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Curious, what's the memorial for?
2018-3-15
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-3-15 18:20
Curious, what's the memorial for?

It's a memorial for the Medal of Honor recipients in Alabama.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules