626 8 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

This is a story about dumba$$ Wade:

Well, not how I expected this afternoon to go. Nice day outside. Got my bird out. Was flying up and down the street. Go too close to some power lines, thought I was clear above the bird....nope. Saw it hit and thought "NOOOOOOOO!!!!" all the way to the ground. Should've walked the 50ft and double checked.... Amazing how that little line was perfectly lined up with my drone....

Kicked myself in the butt the whole walk to the drone, praying to the drone gods...."please don't be broken, please don't be broken". Left front arm took a crack at the body and the left front motor housing took a little crack. Too much to repair myself. Couldn't even bare to take a picture.

Jumped on the repair site, filled out my "I'm an idiot" user error claim, boxed it up and dropped it off with UPS. Expected to be there on Monday.

I have DJI Care.....so anybody tell me how much I'm looking at for the repair/replacement? Ball park guesstimate?

Don't be like dumba$$ Wade. Be smarter than him. Stay away from power lines.
2018-3-15
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that. Hope the repair process goes smoothly for you.
2018-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry to hear.
Hope you get it sorted out!
2018-3-15
Use props
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Bummer! Hey, experience & wisdom come from mistakes, no shame there.

I'll bet you won't do that again though and that'll be part of what makes you a better pilot!

Thanks for sharing, it's always good when we can learn from other people's mistakes... I mean wisdom! ;)

Happy Future Landings!
2018-3-15
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Sorry to hear, hope all works out and your flying again!
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, here is the link for your reference: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery Thanks for your support.
2018-3-15
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487566 ft
United States

I’ve been there myself...
A trip to the dji hospital and it’s good as new lol.
2018-3-17
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

Well I just got the invoice for the repair. I'm getting away with a $49 repair bill. I expected it to be $100 or even higher. I'm extremely relieved. But, I have this underlying feeling that it won't fly like a brand new drone when I get it back. Anybody else feel like this when they got their drone repaired? The pic above ^ doesn't quite reassure me, lol.
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

brasda91 Posted at 2018-3-21 10:41
Well I just got the invoice for the repair. I'm getting away with a $49 repair bill. I expected it to be $100 or even higher. I'm extremely relieved. But, I have this underlying feeling that it won't fly like a brand new drone when I get it back. Anybody else feel like this when they got their drone repaired? The pic above ^ doesn't quite reassure me, lol.

Hi mate, please don't worry about the repair, the proper department will test and assure the performance of the drone before sending it out. Hope you can receive the drone back soon.
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules