5074 17 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I tried to fly today, Nope drone demanded and update to every single thing possible. I updated the drone, updated the controller. Once done drone will not start Only says '' Compass noise too high'' No matter where I move it how many time I calibrate the compass it says the same thing. I contacted DJI they said ''We do not know what is your issue is right know'' Seriously? 1300$ for drone that stopped working after 2 days? WTF IS THIS?
2015-5-6
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

BSAU... Bad Support As Usual !

This error message is OF COURSE written in the source code and is displayed under some conditions (also written in the source code) : if... then... else
The support should have a list of all possible error message and why they occur.
A few years ago, I had the same kind of problem with a Volvo V50 with Keyless Drive : Key error. The car goes back to the factory for 3 months, they replaced everything electronic (computers, sensors, ...) but no one think about asking the f.....g guy who wrote the code. I get the car back and 2 days later... Key error !!!

Did you have something "magnetic" on you (keys, ...) ? Just hope we don't need to be naked to fly the P3.
Of course, the compass may be defective on your Phantom and honestly this may occur, even after 2 days.
2015-5-6
Use props
maxtam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205633 ft
Hong Kong

Maybe your are near a mine or at the North / South Pole =)
2015-5-6
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

No but I had the flight controller close to it with the phone connected. I'll try again without it.
2015-5-6
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

My P2V+ hated to be powered up anywhere near my desktop computer, my laptop, or my HP laserwriter printer.  Move it away, and all was well.
2015-5-6
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

I think it will be a good practice to put phone/tablets in airplane mode.
2015-5-6
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-7 01:56

That will eliminate the map function.  You need an internet connection for the map to be displayed.  (The map comes from the internet.)
However it is good practice to calibrate the comapass as far away from the controller as possible.  Get at least 2 meters away from the controller & phones when calibrating your compas.  This was true for the Phantom 2, Phantom 1 as well.
2015-5-6
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-7 01:56

Oh I do that since WiFi works also on 2.4Ghz
2015-5-6
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-7 02:14
That will eliminate the map function.  You need an internet connection for the map to be displayed. ...

Absolutely not if you take time at home to cache the map of your flying place
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Can you take a video of it?
2015-5-7
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-7 16:18
Can you take a video of it?

I fixed it by doing hard reset. But now I have another problem. And I'm on the edge of tears Thread Link
2015-5-7
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-7 03:11
Absolutely not if you take time at home to cache the map of your flying place

And where exactly is the control to "cache" your map?  I don't see any such function.
2015-5-7
Use props
bestfhorn1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 823583 ft
United States

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-8 00:29
And where exactly is the control to "cache" your map?  I don't see any such function.

You don't necessarily have direct control of the map cache.  Basically you just have to move the map around the area you plan to fly in before putting the phone/tablet in airplane mode.
2015-5-7
Use props
sillerfoto
New

Mexico

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-8 00:12
I fixed it by doing hard reset. But now I have another problem. And I'm on the edge of tears Threa ...

Hello i have exactly the same problem, ¨Compass noise is to high¨ after update in a new Phanton 3, what is the solution to this problem - thanks
2015-7-11
Use props
ch.huster
New

Germany

My P3P has just the same Error (1 h ago) Do you have new information to get rid of this problem?
Thanks for Information...
2016-2-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ch.huster Posted at 2016-2-14 01:55
My P3P has just the same Error (1 h ago) Do you have new information to get rid of this problem?
Tha ...

You should try doing an IMU calibration followed by a compass calibration. Read the tutorials on this site about how to do this.
2016-2-13
Use props
jhwjr1
lvl.1

United States

I was plagued by this "Compass Noise Too High" problem after reassembling my P4k Pro following a crash. Tried lots of things, but this finally worked. When I get the error, I grab the Phantom from the top, palm on the top of the drone, lift it a few inches from the ground, rotate it around in a swivel motion with my hand, set it back down and fire up the propellers from the remote immediately. Works EVERY time. Hope that helps. Would have saved me LOTS of failed outings to know this a few months ago.
2016-4-18
Use props
everynamewastak
New

United States

jhwjr1 Posted at 2016-4-18 15:54
I was plagued by this "Compass Noise Too High" problem after reassembling my P4k Pro following a cra ...

Just bought a brand new DJI Phantom Advanced, couldn't get it to fly because of this problem after hours of issues getting the firmware upgrade done. Live chat support was worthless and no help (it was late in the evening), so I just decided to google around. Found this and the shaking trick worked - what the heck? Is this just a running weird issue with Phantom 3's or should I worry that mine is defective?
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules