Taking the SPARK to India
4763 10 2018-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LawrenceSydney
New

Australia

Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to India with my Spark, but have seen so many forums saying that they will be confiscated at the airport by customs. Has anyone been in this situation or provide any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence
2018-3-24
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Most guys have posted there's no problems to take it with you but you have take it on carry on since the batteries aren't allowed in your check in luggages.
2018-3-24
Use props
Unknown User
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63615 ft
Hong Kong

I too am going to India in April and wanted to bring my Spark. I found this online. https://www.uavsystemsinternatio ... y/india-drone-laws/

and also this: https://www.thebetterindia.com/1 ... -laws-law-security/
2018-3-24
Use props
LawrenceSydney
New

Australia

dji TO88 Posted at 2018-3-24 19:32
Most guys have posted there's no problems to take it with you but you have take it on carry on since the batteries aren't allowed in your check in luggages.

Thanks for this, but is their any legislation I can refer to? I don't want to be in a position where it is confiscated or worse.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence
2018-3-24
Use props
LawrenceSydney
New

Australia

Unknown User Posted at 2018-3-24 20:35
I too am going to India in April and wanted to bring my Spark. I found this online. https://www.uavsystemsinternatio ... y/india-drone-laws/

and also this: https://www.thebetterindia.com/120302/flying-drone-india-laws-law-security/

Thanks for this, but is their any legislation I can refer to? I don't want to be in a position where it is confiscated or worse.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence
2018-3-24
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

It would be ideal for someone in this group from India to advice as it could be tricky for any of us to assume anything. There lots of info available online and it’s very confusing. Any foreign personal flying a drone in India definitely require some form of written permission from the authorities to be on the safe side IMO.

Did you try contacting Indian High Commission in your country for info ?
2018-3-24
Use props
kashmachine
lvl.2
United States

Hey all,

Just thought I'd update, just come back from India and flew the Spark. I flew into Delhi, then Amritsar - Mumbai and back home and all times, the spark was checked into my hold luggage with the batteries in my hand luggage. Had no issues. Remember to fly sensibly and safely guys
2018-4-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-3-24 23:24
It would be ideal for someone in this group from India to advice as it could be tricky for any of us to assume anything. There lots of info available online and it’s very confusing. Any foreign personal flying a drone in India definitely require some form of written permission from the authorities to be on the safe side IMO.

Did you try contacting Indian High Commission in your country for info ?

Anything below 300g is not an issue for the indian customs. You are good to go with your drone. but keep it inside your check in luggage.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_9SLgCK1R7amP
New

United States

S.J Posted at 2018-4-23 09:16
Anything below 300g is not an issue for the indian customs. You are good to go with your drone. but keep it inside your check in luggage.

Thank you, did you take any precaution while traveling with the spark? Like removing the props, etc to make it unnoticeable during luggage scanning?
2019-1-11
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

djiuser_9SLgCK1R7amP Posted at 1-11 10:00
Thank you, did you take any precaution while traveling with the spark? Like removing the props, etc to make it unnoticeable during luggage scanning?

Yes I did. All the batteries and props were removed so that it remained unidentifiable !!
2019-1-12
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

do some research if you are taking it to India but i hope you don't lose it
2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules