Flight Sim
1059 5 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok, so the iOS flight sim is a nice feature, but not that great. I have AeroSim that is miles better, but I guess it is only an add-on. But why oh why do you need the P3 powered on to run it???

On the plus side, I have discovered that you can cut the motors at 120m and recover from the freefall if you're lucky. who's going to be the first to try that is the real world???

2015-5-6
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

I find it hard to believe that you can cut the motors while in the air. so if i put the sticks downward and in the motors will cut? i think it has to sense that it is on the ground for that to happen.
2015-5-6
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

lt will most definitely cut the motors if you perform CSC in mid-air. lt will not cut the motors to hold the throttle down, you're right that it has to sense that it's stopped descending before it will shut down in that case.
l've cut down 2 light guitar picks that l double-sided tape to the lower corners so l can't accidentally CSC when say, sneezing, or having the transmitter slip in my hands, or whatever.
2015-5-6
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

I wonder if Sim time is recorded in the flight log. And if so, will that count as "flight time in type", since the FAA in the US will likely require some hours before issuing a operators certificate for commercial use?
2015-5-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The ability to do CSC in the air is required by more that one governmental agency to be able to shut the motors off in the case of an emergency.  The movement is very difficult to perform when just flying, think about it.  
2015-5-6
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

All this worry about accidentally engaging CSC is just crazy to me.... I've flown a lot of craft for a lot of time, and I've never had the sticks in the inside corners like that in flight...

Have you ever had the desire to roll HARD left while pitching straight down, while at the same time descending and spinning fast clockwise like a top?

Let me put it another way... if you engage CSC in flight... Hang up your TX. You are a bad pilot.
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules