DNG files are filthy
2687 5 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have looked through the other threads about DNG files but I can't find a clear solution. I am using lightroom CC 2015 to process. When I export a jpeg and open in photoshop the image is full of dead pixels... has anyone found a fix for this?
2015-5-6
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

DNG Cleaner at the bottom will sort this out for you.
2015-5-7
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

iSkyUnmannedSys Posted at 2015-5-7 16:45
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

DNG Cleaner at the bottom will sort this out for you. ...

So maybe I am doing something wrong... When I choose a file and hit ok it says successful and says the cleaned file is in the output folder but there is nothing there.... Seems ridiculous to have to have a stand alone software for this...
2015-5-7
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Agreed!! Clunky to say the least. Hope this is on the list to fix.
2015-5-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

If you take some images in Raw then review, if there are dead pixels it probably means the camera has dead pixels on the sensor.  I had similar with my First issue aircraft and I know another owner who also had same problem with camera which had the same production date, with were from the first issue batch in January.  

I would suggest you take the unit back to your dealer for replacement as its not fit for purpose.  Take some sample images in on your iPad to demonstrate the dead pixels.   You can't expect software and alogorythims to be the answer if the sensor has dead pixels thats just masking the problem that shouldn't be there from the start.
2015-5-9
Use props
diverreb
New
Flight distance : 28831873 ft
United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-5-8 12:49
So maybe I am doing something wrong... When I choose a file and hit ok it says successful and says ...

Only works for Inspire and P-3.  Not compatible with Vision Plus, which is absurd!
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules