360x180 Spherical. Well Where is it?
739 4 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RogersPhotography
lvl.1
United States

When are we  going to see a full spherical pano mode for OSMO? We've been waiting 3 years+ for this option and yet we're being ignored? I've updated the firmware to the latest and see nothing even close. I see they included it for Spark so why not OSMO?

The whole community is asking for this.
2018-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Would be a killer feature indeed.
I have not seen it on the Mobile either.
2018-3-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your attention. Sorry that we have no plan on adding it.
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Rogers, sorry to tell you that 360° Spherical pano will not be added to Osmo because of the hardware limitation, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-4-1
Use props
RogersPhotography
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-1 23:14
Rogers, sorry to tell you that 360° Spherical pano will not be added to Osmo because of the hardware limitation, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What hardware limitation exactly is that? It's already being done with third party software? All you have to do is include the vectors. You already have 180x180 now just implement the second 180° for 360°x180°.

It seems like more of a DJI laziness (unwillingness) limitation than an made up hardware limitation.

Yet again a perfect example of a company not listening to what their consumers want and a perfect reason not to purchase any additional DJI products. Keep it up and DJI will end up like GoPro.
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules