Phantom 4 pro won't fly any direction
2640 18 2018-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airbuzz21
lvl.1
Denmark

Phantom 4 pro won't fly any direction, it's only possible to take off and hover, what could it possibly be?
2018-4-17
Use props
airbuzz21
lvl.1
Denmark

Phantom 4 pro won't fly any direction

Phantom 4 pro won't fly any direction, it's only possible to take off and hover, what could it possibly be?

2018-4-17
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Is this a brand new P4 Pro+ ?  Or are you just using a phone on a P4Pro?

Did you register the system with DJI?

Are you very close to an airport?  Powerplant, Hospital with Heliport??

Thx
2018-4-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

It could well be the obstacle avoidance impeding things.

Edit:- have you calibrated the RC yet ? If not then try that, takes about two minutes.
2018-4-17
Use props
airbuzz21
lvl.1
Denmark

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-4-17 10:40
Is this a brand new P4 Pro+ ?  Or are you just using a phone on a P4Pro?

Did you register the system with DJI?

Bought 1 year ago and yes it's the pro+ with display on the controller
Have registered on DJI, yes
2018-4-17
Use props
airbuzz21
lvl.1
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-17 11:09
It could well be the obstacle avoidance impeding things.

Edit:- have you calibrated the RC yet ? If not then try that, takes about two minutes.

I have already calibrated some couples of times, still not working
2018-4-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

airbuzz21 Posted at 2018-4-17 11:15
I have already calibrated some couples of times, still not working

If you have calibrated the RC control sticks then check which 'mode' the RC is operating in, if you tap top of screen to open up the 'Aircraft Status' drop down menu. You should be able to see and change (if needed) the RC mode, the default is 'mode 2'.
2018-4-17
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

did you activate it through your DJI Account? If not you need to register with DJI and activate your Phantom.
2018-4-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Has the Phantom flown properly previously or is this an issue with a new drone?
Have you tried to calibrate the joysticks to make sure that they work?
2018-4-17
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Guess you can't start/stop the motors on the sticks either, When doing the calibration can you see the stick movement displayed in the app and did you remember the gimbal wheel?
Have you done any updates? if either the RC or AC has been updated with resent FW the other part also need to be upgraded (or the upgraded part downgraded)?
If on later RC FW the RC can be set up for different models, check in the App settings at RC/advanced make sure it say Phantom 4 Pro, eventually try another model and then reverse to P4P.
Would re-linking the RC to AC make any difference?

2018-4-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Is not the display on the RC unit telling you that it has detected an obstacle? The aircraft is facing you, and that beeping is telling you it has detected an obstacle. Try turning the aircraft around in the opposite direction.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please check if your RC stick is in custom mode. If yes, please try to fly in Mode 2, and calibrate the RC. Besides, did you change any main controller settings before? Please also try to update/refresh the latest firmware and try again. Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2018-4-17
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

Try turn off obstacle avoidance to turn off problem with rear sensors.
2018-4-17
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

It is a dammed virus! - agree with the ones suggesting to turn off the OA sensors.

Was out shooting one site, move on to the next 20 min after on next location, everything set up, power on, waiting for GPS, took off ground and could not move in any direction!
Powered both AC adn RC off/on, waited for GPS, took off and the same thing. Powered off AC and calibrated sticks and gimbal wheel without issues, sticks was working fine.
Powered AC on, waited for GPS, took off and still no response on right stick at all, could go up/down and yaw that was it. packed down and went home.
Back at home i tried again, still no movement on right stick, disabled OA, took off and then it shoot to the right almost vertical when i touched the stick and everything seemed back to normal.

So disable of the OA system did it, not sure when/why it was acting like this as i normally has sensors off and only the "Radar" active, OA was turned on at the first site due to some trees i had to be close to but no issues during that flight.

Will try to clean all sensors but doubt it has to do with it as the radar would have shown obstacles all the time in case of dirty sensors.

Best of luck to you.
2018-4-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

I hope you have got yours to work too, it seem that my problem has solved it self after disabling the OA the other evening.
OA was enabled again yesterday due to some other tests and everything is working again even at the place i had to give up on a few days ago.
2018-4-20
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Couple of things. Are you close to an Airport? Are you out of Beginner Mode? Try disabling the Obstacle avoidance system although it seems to be functioning properly because you can hear the alarm when you approached the  Phantom.
2018-4-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Are you taking off automatically? or with the down and in?  
2018-4-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-4-20 03:38
Are you taking off automatically? or with the down and in?

You can see in the video posted in #2 that OP use the auto takeoff, i usually start motors with CSC and raise the left to get airborne.
2018-4-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, that means no stick commands at all are working then.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules