Maiden Flight!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

Got my Phantom this morning and wanted to say how happy I am with it so far! I've uploaded my first flight for you to check out!

http://youtu.be/8XN6bwRgpmU
2015-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That was nicely done. Very quaint. You live in a well kept clean neighborhood.
I never would have thought to fly over a cemetery,  which was kind of cool.

Keep them coming... Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2015-5-9
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Can l ask what video settings you're using? What you're editing with.  And how you're uploading to youtube please.
l've made one flight and taken one video. l uploaded it in its natural state to youtube in 4k, and it looks dreadful. The default playback is at 480, l don't know how to permanently change that. But even when l watch it in 720 or 1080, it looks awful and seems "frame-y" or stuttery, especially when in movement.
2015-5-9
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-10 03:47
Can l ask what video settings you're using? What you're editing with.  And how you're uploading to y ...

Are you uploading it from the cached version of your phone? I didn't realize at first that the video on the phone isn't really a duplicate copy from the P3. Once I popped the SD card into the PC the quality or great. Either that or my first few videos were crap.  Ha! Still learning.
2015-5-9
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l put the SD into the computer and uploaded, it took hours! But yeah, really not good quality. l have a P2V+V3 and have no issues with video quality from it at all.
The P3 is different and some people are getting crisp and beautiful videos. The OP's vid is crisp and high quality and l wondered if that was from default stock settings or if there was a way to make them appear that way that l'm not doing.
2015-5-9
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-10 04:18
l put the SD into the computer and uploaded, it took hours! But yeah, really not good quality. l hav ...

It is possible that it is either 1080p@60fps or it was converted in an editor to 1080p. If you let Youtube do the compression from a raw 4k video it usually will not look that nice verses encoding it to h264 before uploading.
2015-5-9
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-10 03:47
Can l ask what video settings you're using? What you're editing with.  And how you're uploading to y ...

I exported from the SD card into Premiere and exported at 1080 30fps. I did a little color correction and that's about it. I'm amazed at how smooth the footage is!
2015-5-9
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Well exposed, and well edited... note like 99% of P3 videos published on Youtube since several days (which are way too much overexposed).
A guy who use his brain... nice !
2015-5-9
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks to those who replied about my issue, and Brian l'm sorry for derailing your video thread. l'll make another post. Your video is fantastic, l'd like to see more of them
2015-5-9
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-10 04:57
Well exposed, and well edited... note like 99% of P3 videos published on Youtube since several days  ...

Thanks! So many settings I'm still learning them, but I do video production for a living so it's probably a bit easier for me to see when the shot is properly exposed. Thanks for the kind words!
2015-5-9
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Cacc Posted at 2015-5-10 04:33
It is possible that it is either 1080p@60fps or it was converted in an editor to 1080p. If you let ...

Small comment; all the video from the P3 is saved/compressed in h.264
2015-5-9
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Ulysse Posted at 2015-5-10 04:57
Well exposed, and well edited... note like 99% of P3 videos published on Youtube since several days  ...

Agree, it looked really nice!

And I love the sunshade! I like this guy!

When you get a good hand on the tilt-control (and change settings to make it smoother and a lot more slow), imagine how nice and cinematic it would look when you did that reveal (going up over the trees and across) if you were tilting the camera down slowly at the same time...!
2015-5-9
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-10 07:32
Agree, it looked really nice!

And I love the sunshade! I like this guy!

Haha thanks! I'm out at the lake right now practicing the gimbal controls. I've got about an hour of flight time so far but I think I'm going to regroup this weekend and work on all my settings. I have a restriction on for only about 500 ft.  And thinking about bumping it out to a mile.
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules