P3 Pro Video Corrupt
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmh2003
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483917 ft
United States

I took a video just now of my daughters birthday party from the drone and thought for sure I stopped the recording before I turned off the device. Well now the problem is the file is corrupt. I see the video cache through itunes and I also can watch the video on director but I can not get the actual file to my computer without it being corrupt. Any ideas?
2015-5-9
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I had the same issue last night - took the card out of the phantom 3 , put it in the card reader on the computer . Corrupt .  The video could not be read i/o error . hmmm . flew again same issue . I connected my usb cable directly to the drone from the computer . Transferred the videos off 9 gigs in 7 minutes  . Happy ...  
2015-5-9
Use props
rmh2003
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483917 ft
United States

I connected straight to the camera on the drone and still had the corrupt issue. The file is an .mp4 file but just 66kb of like a 4 minute flight. So put the memory card back in the drone and turn the drone on? Then connect usb to my computer and try to get the file?
2015-5-9
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Check the FAQ.

Put it back in the P3. Turn back on. Wait (maybe a minute). Turn off the P3. Take the microSD back to your computer.

Hopefully the file has been "restored"/fixed. The file will have a crazy date, that should be all that is wrong with it.

For future reference, I would suggest taking shorter videos. It is so easy to start and stop. I think it makes it easier to handle afterwards as well, and maybe you avoid some of the non-interesting video. And less risk of problems like the one you're have.
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules