gimbal defect
884 13 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlackInca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67674 ft
United States

I've a mavic pro thats in pristine condition then one day I'm flying the gimbal starts bouncing around uncontrollably I land it safely strange that the rth didn't kick in even though it was set either way I landed it safely I turned it off felt the gimble it was very hot ,now I'm no engineer though I've much experience in electronics , and mechanics and from what I've seen on the internet that theres a very delicate wiring harness within the gimble housing with micro band connections wrapped around moving parts so when I turn on the mavic to see the gimble uncontrollably whipping around inside the housing I immediately turn it off again feeling the gimble being hot to the touch , so one would think that kind of heat would eventually distort, stretch or even melt parts of that very delicate wiring harness, not DJI they want to blame everything on the owner crashing which I'm sure theres plenty of valid crashing that DJI shouldn't be responsible for I get that though I believe that can also Blind DJI from a real manufacture malfunction (DEFECT) this is a word DJI refuses use thats why the sell the care protection plan (training wheels). And so my battle goes on with DJI and getting my mavic pro fixed by the many different teams, yes thats what DJI calls it when you deal with support/repair 1st the evaluation team then the support team then the repair team who send it back to the evaluation team and this is my favorite team of all, the quotation repair team, not since watching the 3 stooges or keystone cops as a kid , have been so entrained, thanks DJI.so the last outcome was this

Dear Customer,

DJI kindly remind you that you still have a repair invoice for your Mavic Pro with an amount of 226.00. Your case No. is:

CAS-1642588-X5Y2J1

Please use the link below to submit your payment.

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support

2018-5-1
Use props
djiuser_kAffsceCWzWQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197854 ft
Hong Kong

is that you mavic pro under warranty?
2018-5-1
Use props
BlackInca
lvl.2
United States

It was a gift to me 2 months ago I would hope so
2018-5-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Did DJI say what failure was or what went wrong?
Did DJI say what they believed caused the failure?
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi BlackInca, we are sorry to read on your post, per the damage assessment, there are damages in M1 and M4 motors, if you believe you never crashed the drone, we will escalate the case to local team to double evaluated.
2018-5-1
Use props
BlackInca
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-1 19:09
Hi BlackInca, we are sorry to read on your post, per the damage assessment, there are damages in M1 and M4 motors, if you believe you never crashed the drone, we will escalate the case to local team to double evaluated.

I’m not sure what m1 and m4 motors would have to do with the I have another mavic Pro with the exact same problem overheated gimble and I’m looking at connecting wiring harness with blisters on it from heat
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BlackInca Posted at 2018-5-1 23:19
I’m not sure what m1 and m4 motors would have to do with the I have another mavic Pro with the exact same problem overheated gimble and I’m looking at connecting wiring harness with blisters on it from heat

The motor damage has nothing to do with the gimbal heated issue, but it could indicate the drone may have been crashed, the designated team is keeping following up your case, we will have someone to contact you in working hours, appreciate your patience.
2018-5-2
Use props
BlackInca
lvl.2
United States

latest update on the overheated gimbal they (repair administration) sent me photos of scratches on my mavic pro, I guess trying to intimidate me into admiting  that these minor scrapes would constitute why the gimbal overheated  right before they sent me these pics of their conspiracy theory tactics ,I'd been trying to sync my flight records for the last 6 months so I did and went through though instead of saying success like the app suggest it says complete press complete and nothing which is very frustrating because now like I feel I'm working for DJI and not getting paid, on those flight records it shows the last flight with it in the air and the gimbal whipping around totally out of control luckily with great determination and focus I was able to land without crashing though it received a few minor scratches where it tried landing on a curb instead of the flat area it took off from in the video you can see everything I just mentioned including my frustration and  disappointment  in the malfunctioning gimbal though I have to admit the landing was well done giving the circumstances even Sully Sulenburger  would be proud well with all this I finally was hopefully able to send DJI the flight record.
2018-5-7
Use props
BlackInca
lvl.2
United States

2018-5-7
Use props
BlackInca
lvl.2
United States

these are what dji sent
2018-5-7
Use props
BlackInca
lvl.2
United States

/Users/jim/Desktop/2018_04_07_16_34_57.mp4 this is the rough landing where I received the scratches
2018-5-7
Use props
BlackInca
lvl.2
United States

http://maxwisdom@gmail.com
2018-5-7
Use props
BlackInca
lvl.2
United States

[media=x,970,580][/media]
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BlackInca Posted at 2018-5-7 12:44
[media=x,970,580][/media]

Thanks for your clarification, your concern has been transferred to our supervisor to double evaluated, please sit tight and we will keep you updated.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules