Video Feed on Honor 6X Laggy
1472 14 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391818 ft
United States

I have recently started using my new Huawei Honor 6X with my drone and whenever I see the live feed it is super delayed and laggy. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
2018-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Unfortunately it simply means your phone is not powerful enough to run the DJI Go App.
2018-5-12
Use props
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-12 15:05
Unfortunately it simply means your phone is not powerful enough to run the DJI Go App.

The thing is though is that every once in a while the video quality is completely normal and there is no lag at all. So any other thoughts?
2018-5-12
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing will happen on my 4 year old Samsung tablet. I know its old and I'm saving up for a new device but in the mean time I just put up with it. Mine will act the same way where it seems fine for one flight and then next flight it has issues. There are a lot of factors that could be causing it but having a more robust device will help quite a bit. I usually use my new iPhone 8+ which I almost never have signal issues with.
2018-5-12
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18638 ft
Argentina

I do not agree, I usually use a Moto X Play that has an 8x1.7 GHz processor while the Honor 6x has a 4x2.1 & 4x1.7 (much faster) and I have no delay or malfunction problem or closures of the DJI Go. What I believe is that you have many background applications running in memory that affect performance. Try installing Greenify, which allows you to close all applications that are running and free memory and processing capacity. You execute it and then launch DJI Go. Tell me how it turned out!
Greetings and good flights.
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please ensure only DJI GO App is launched, enable the airplane mode and turn off the Bluetooth to see whether the issue remains. if still no luck, it might be the compatibility issue as discussed above. You can change to another recommended mobile device to verify.
2018-5-12
Use props
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
United States

ArgenBrewer Posted at 2018-5-12 17:38
I do not agree, I usually use a Moto X Play that has an 8x1.7 GHz processor while the Honor 6x has a 4x2.1 & 4x1.7 (much faster) and I have no delay or malfunction problem or closures of the DJI Go. What I believe is that you have many background applications running in memory that affect performance. Try installing Greenify, which allows you to close all applications that are running and free memory and processing capacity. You execute it and then launch DJI Go. Tell me how it turned out!
Greetings and good flights.

I installed the app you recommended and still no luck. Could it be a controller connection issue? I had a much cheaper phone before that ran perfectly with no lag at all but as I can see many other people are having the same issue. I think it might be because of the update.
2018-5-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dhillskiier1653 Posted at 2018-5-13 15:04
I installed the app you recommended and still no luck. Could it be a controller connection issue? I had a much cheaper phone before that ran perfectly with no lag at all but as I can see many other people are having the same issue. I think it might be because of the update.

The later updates have increased the requirements for the device, they are doing more processing than before. Anyway you look at it, the phone needs to do more work faster, and so if the screen lags behind significantly, then it is not processing the video information fast enough. Comparing the processors in each phone means nothing, most of the issue is how the phone processes the incoming video, and that often has more to do with the efficiency of the code than the processor alone.
2018-5-13
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What Go app version is installed on your phone?
2018-5-13
Use props
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
United States

I have powered up my drone inside and moved my phone in the mount to the left of the antenna so it is a little more exposed. (I can see more of the controller now while still seeing the phone) and once I did that all lag stopped and it became smooth feed. Maybe it is the wifi interfering with the controller and my phone. I still have yet to test this in the field.
2018-5-14
Use props
ArgenBrewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18638 ft
Argentina

You put it in airplane mode before running the DJI go?
2018-5-14
Use props
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
United States

I have found the solution. In the last message I posted, I found that when I moved my phone mount to the farthest left while still keeping it parallel with the controller, (so I can see it) there is no video lag. Today, I went out and found this to be true for the entire flight. So now as a final message to anyone else with an Honor 6X  that may have the same issue, try to do what I stated above. Thank you everyone for your input!
2018-5-14
Use props
Greg75
lvl.1

Hi, I got the same laggy video issues with my brand new Asus Zenfone 5. I'll try to move the antenna like you did see if it works.
2018-7-13
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Did you enable the airplane mode and disable the locale cache for videos yet? And 1 thing,do not cover the WIFI pads inside the RC - shell. Force stop all not for the flight needed tasks.
2018-7-14
Use props
Greg75
lvl.1

Peterx Posted at 2018-7-14 03:20
Did you enable the airplane mode and disable the locale cache for videos yet? And 1 thing,do not cover the WIFI pads inside the RC - shell. Force stop all not for the flight needed tasks.

For me, I did enable airplane mode (wifi and gps on obviously), and I cleared all apps running background. Although I did not disable the local cache for video. Will try that.
2018-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules