Compatibility with Xiaomi Phones
2081 5 2018-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom Murphy
lvl.1
United States

I own several Xiaomi phones... but it seems each is a tad too thick to fit in the Osmo Mobile 2 grips.

Has anyone found a workaround to ensure that the phone does not suddenly slip out of the grips?

I don't think the weight of my Xiaomi's is a problem, simply the width of the case and the rubber grips that Osmo provides to hold the phone in place.

Thanks much.

Tom
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Tom, kindly please check the compatible mobile device list for the Osmo Mobile 2 from the website:
https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-2/info#downloads

2018-5-13
Use props
Tom Murphy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-13 19:56
Hi Tom, kindly please check the compatible mobile device list for the Osmo Mobile 2 from the website:
https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-2/info#downloads

Thanks Diana, I have checked that list.   What I asked was whether anyone had a work-around, as I know that the Osmo Mobile 2 will NOT work with any Xiaomi phones.  

Poor design on the part of DJI from my point of view.. but hopefully someone has a work-around.

Tom
2018-5-14
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you leaving your phone in the case and trying to put that into the OM2?

If you are then I had the same issue with a case around my LG v30 that did not fit properly into the OM2. I simply removed my case and put it in my pocket while filming and then put the case back on when i was done. I think it would very hard to design the holders to fit all the thousands of different cases out there.
2018-5-15
Use props
Tom Murphy
lvl.1
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-15 15:33
Are you leaving your phone in the case and trying to put that into the OM2?

If you are then I had the same issue with a case around my LG v30 that did not fit properly into the OM2. I simply removed my case and put it in my pocket while filming and then put the case back on when i was done. I think it would very hard to design the holders to fit all the thousands of different cases out there.

No, when I used the word "case" .. I was referring to the phone itself. It's not in any protective case or aftermarket holder of any sort.

Tom
2018-5-15
Use props
fans88849c6a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46578 ft
India

HI does osmo mobile 2 works wit MI A1 Xiaomi Mobile?
2018-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules