12Next >
3372 41 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

This post is for the Mavic Pro running FW v 1.04.0300.

I have two dell laptops, both running Windows 10.  On the older laptop, Assistant 2 runs great utilizing all of the sub menus.  On the newer laptop, all the sub programs run great except the claibration program.  All it displays is the 1 of 3 samples on how to use it.  It also keeps telling me to re-boot the aircraft.  I also get a message that the USB ports are not functioning properly when in fact they are.  I have also used several different cables.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  If not, then I will get in touch with Dell and explain the  situation with them.  
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the late response, may I confirm that have you solved the issue? Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? Thanks.
2018-5-27
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-27 22:43
Hi, sorry for the late response, may I confirm that have you solved the issue? Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? Thanks.

Hi DJI Diana.

Sorry for my very late response.  I don't have a screen shot but I will try and get one.

Thank you
Chuck
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-27 22:56
Hi DJI Diana.

Sorry for my very late response.  I don't have a screen shot but I will try and get one.

Hi Chuck, thanks for your update. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-5-27
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-27 23:03
Hi Chuck, thanks for your update. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

Hi Diana.  

These are the 2 screen shots I can provide you with.

The first screen shot is the the opening screen in calibration using DJI Assistant 2 v 1.2.4
A foreign program appears in the upper left corner of the screen.   When I delete it, it goes to the next page, Screen shot #2.

In screen shot #2, it tells me to "Please reboot the aircraft".  I can not get past the tutorial section.

This is a very new Dell computer running windows 10.This scenerio doesn't take place on my older Dell running windows 10.  I'm of the opinion there is a problem with my new computer and I will look into that ASAP.

Thank you,
Chuck
2018-5-28
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

I spent all of an hour and a half online with a DELL tech.  He can not figure out why I can only get 5 of the 6 options listed on the Assistant 2 program.  I still can't get the calibration program to run.  I still get the  same screen shots as I posted above.  I have a 3rd computer I will try to use.
I just tried the calibration on still a 3rd computer running windows 10 and it works fine.  I don't know what else to to at this point.

Chuck

2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-28 14:35
I spent all of an hour and a half online with a DELL tech.  He can not figure out why I can only get 5 of the 6 options listed on the Assistant 2 program.  I still can't get the calibration program to run.  I still get the  same screen shots as I posted above.  I have a 3rd computer I will try to use.
I just tried the calibration on still a 3rd computer running windows 10 and it works fine.  I don't know what else to to at this point.

Hi Chuck, thanks for your update. Glad to know that you finally calibrated it successfully on your 3rd computer. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-28 12:37
Hi Diana.  

These are the 2 screen shots I can provide you with.

Regarding this issue, I have forwarded it to our engineers for a check, if there is an update from them, I will let you know at the first time. Thanks.
2018-5-28
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Hi Diana.

Thank you.  I still plan on contacting Dell one more time.

Chuck
2018-5-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure your display resolution is set to 720p - the OA calibration won't work on higher display resolutions.
2018-5-29
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-29 01:58
Make sure your display resolution is set to 720p - the OA calibration won't work on higher display resolutions.

Hi A CW:

I have 2 laptops that are set to 1680 x 1050 and the calibration program works very well with no problem at all.  

I will check the settings on the newer computer ASAP.

Thank you for your input.

Chuck
2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-28 14:35
I spent all of an hour and a half online with a DELL tech.  He can not figure out why I can only get 5 of the 6 options listed on the Assistant 2 program.  I still can't get the calibration program to run.  I still get the  same screen shots as I posted above.  I have a 3rd computer I will try to use.
I just tried the calibration on still a 3rd computer running windows 10 and it works fine.  I don't know what else to to at this point.
Works on two out of three of your Windows 10 computers.  That is a strange one.

Any chance the 3rd computer is older like other computer Assistant-2 works on?
Or put another way, the computer that Assistant-2 does not work on is newest of three.

It also keeps telling me to re-boot the aircraft.  I also get a message  that the USB ports are not functioning properly when in fact they are.

Thinking there is a USB driver issue with newer Dell laptop.  

Might be worth effort of putting a USB hub between new Laptop and Mavic to see what happens.

One other thing, if you have not done so already - Try using different USB port on new Dell Laptop (assuming it has at least two USB ports).

2018-5-29
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Hi  HedgeTrimmer.

Yes this is strange.  The odd part is that the other 5 programs under the Assistant 2 work very well.  I've tested the 3 USB ports myself and have had DELL test them, (via the internet connection) as well.  I think there may be an interference problem from another windows program.  I'm still trying to figure that one out as well..   

Thank you for your input.

Chuck
2018-5-29
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-29 20:22
Works on two out of three of your Windows 10 computers.  That is a strange one.

Any chance the 3rd computer is older like other computer Assistant-2 works on?

Hi  HedgeTrimmer.

I took your advice and tried a USB hub but the results are still the same.  I may have a bad USB issue as you mentioned.

Chuck
2018-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-29 23:07
Hi  HedgeTrimmer.

I took your advice and tried a USB hub but the results are still the same.  I may have a bad USB issue as you mentioned.

I am wondering if there is USB driver issue with new Dell Laptop.   Like possibility Dell laptop came with its own optimized USB driver written to go with whatever USB chipset Dell is using.  

DJI's Assitant-2 will work with standard USB drivers used by Windows, perhaps most computer vendor's own optimized USB driver for their USB chipset, but has problems with new USB driver.

I had reverse problem with a Samsung All-n-One Windows PC.  The network connection worked flawlessly with Samsung driver for internal NIC.  Windows update replaced Samsung driver with Microsoft version.  Result was NIC would go to sleep after 1 to 8 days.  Skipping to End, Putting Samsung NIC driver back solved problem.

2018-5-30
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-28 23:58
Regarding this issue, I have forwarded it to our engineers for a check, if there is an update from them, I will let you know at the first time. Thanks.

Hi Diana:

Here is a screen shot referencing digitally signed drivers.  This screen notice appears on both my new Dell computer as well as my wife's.  (Both purchased together about a year ago.)

2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Your PC is blocking the installation of the unsigned USB drivers needed.  on the PC it is not working first completely uninstall DJI Assistant.  Then do the following.

1. Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.

2. Once the Command Prompt open, enter bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on and press Enter.

3. Run as Administrator and install DJI Assistant.  Make sure to right click and install as administrator.

4. Optional: To enable driver signature enforcement back again, open the Command Prompt as administrator and enter bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off.

2018-5-31
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-31 11:37
Your PC is blocking the installation of the unsigned USB drivers needed.  on the PC it is not working first completely uninstall DJI Assistant.  Then do the following.

1. Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.

Thanks SparksBird

Ill give it a college try.
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 11:40
Thanks SparksBird

Ill give it a college try.

Step 2 in my case is Windows Powershell not Command Prompt
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Also if you get this error when you run that command "The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted." you will need to go into your bios and disable UEFI Secure boot.
If only DJI would digitally sign their drivers
2018-5-31
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-31 11:37
Your PC is blocking the installation of the unsigned USB drivers needed.  on the PC it is not working first completely uninstall DJI Assistant.  Then do the following.

Hi SparksBird

This is the message it gives me.

"The boot configuration data store could not be opened."
"Access denied."
2018-5-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-31 11:50
Also if you get this error when you run that command "The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted." you will need to go into your bios and disable UEFI Secure boot.
If only DJI would digitally sign their drivers

Crossing fingers.  Thus far have not run into that problem with Apple's OS X on Macs.
Could be a similar problem in future as things change with 3rd-party software, especially software that is not Blessed by Apple.

Apple starting with Sierra (available previous release) has instituted their own form of file protection for system files, known as System Integrity Protection.  Even if you are root, you can not make any changes to those system files, unless you boot from Emergency disk, disable security setting, then reboot to normal system disk.

Thus far problems seen with installing 3rd Party software has been mostly regulated to USB modems.
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 12:08
Hi SparksBird

You need to go into your BIOS and disable Secure boot.
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 12:08
Hi SparksBird

Actually that says that you did not run command prompt/power shell as an administrator.  You need to ensure you are.

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied. Because you need Administrator privileges to access the BCD file with BCDEDIT. So, be sure to run the Command Prompt using a RIGHT-CLICK and selecting: ("Run as administrator").
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-31 12:11
Crossing fingers.  Thus far have not run into that problem with Apple's OS X on Macs.
Could be a similar problem in future as things change with 3rd-party software, especially software that is not Blessed by Apple.

Very interesting.  Have never owned a MAC only ever PC.  I do however have their apple iPhones.  

One would think a billion dollar company like DJI would be able to get their drivers/software digitally signed as they should have their own IT department.  That would solve a lot of these issues I always see of people having problems installing their software.  Just saying.
2018-5-31
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-31 12:14
Actually that says that you did not run command prompt/power shell as an administrator.  You need to ensure you are.

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied. Because you need Administrator privileges to access the BCD file with BCDEDIT. So, be sure to run the Command Prompt using a RIGHT-CLICK and selecting: ("Run as administrator").

Well as luck would have it,  I'm not having any.  LOL
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 12:57

Are you ensuring you are running as an administrator?  
2018-5-31
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

To the best of my Knowledge I am.  I've also tried Power Shell.

I'm in "Command Prompt (Admin)"
The odd part about the whole thing is all the other choices under the Assistant 2 work well.  It's the calibration program that will not run on this computer.
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 12:57

I am surprised that when you had dell looking at this that they did not do this for you.  If you get ahold of them for this again have them walk you through turning off the only installing of signed drivers just like I showed you.  They should know first hand how to do this especially on their product.  
2018-5-31
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-31 13:05
I am surprised that when you had dell looking at this that they did not do this for you.  If you get ahold of them for this again have them walk you through turning off the only installing of signed drivers just like I showed you.  They should know first hand how to do this especially on their product.

I'm expecting the tech from dell to get back in touch with me in the next 2 hours.  I'll let you know how that worked out.

I do appreciate the effort you have afforded me in this matter.  Your help does not go un-noticed.

Thank you very much.
Chuck
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 13:11
I'm expecting the tech from dell to get back in touch with me in the next 2 hours.  I'll let you know how that worked out.

I do appreciate the effort you have afforded me in this matter.  Your help does not go un-noticed.

No problem bud I do hope you get it resolved shortly.  I will make sure to send Dell my bill lol J/K
2018-5-31
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-31 11:50
If only DJI would digitally sign their drivers

Well there's your problem.  
2018-5-31
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Success.  I resolved the problem by going into you tube and found “How to install unsigned drivers in Windows 10’'.  I tested the program and it now works.  What a hassle.  Perseverance payed off.

2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 16:17
Success.  I resolved the problem by going into you tube and found “How to install unsigned drivers in Windows 10’'.  I tested the program and it now works.  What a hassle.  Perseverance payed off.

Sorry for the late response, glad to know that you have solved the issue and everything turns out to be great now, that's really amazing. Hope you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 16:17

Excellent and I knew that was the issue.  Was it the same way I was showing?  I know there is another way as well.  
2018-6-1
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-1 06:03
Excellent and I knew that was the issue.  Was it the same way I was showing?  I know there is another way as well.

Check this out SparksBird,

This is a very easy way without having to type in any dos commands.

2018-6-1
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-6-1 14:36
Check this out SparksBird,

This is a very easy way without having to type in any dos commands.

Very cool.  So glad you got it worked out.  Still very surprised Dell support did not catch the initial issue and have you do this.
2018-6-1
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-1 16:03
Very cool.  So glad you got it worked out.  Still very surprised Dell support did not catch the initial issue and have you do this.

This procedure may have to be repeated every time.  Not cool.
2018-6-1
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-1 16:03

2018-6-1
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-6-1 17:05

I know if doing via command line it stays that way unless you enable again.  
2018-6-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules