Video vibrates
1461 37 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christian_Meyer
lvl.2
Chile

Video vibrates
Friends I need your help to solve the following problem, as you can see the video of the drone the camera vibrates to both sides .. with an effect that I do not know his name,
Any idea what it could be? (it's a phantom 4 pro plus)

2018-5-28
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Have you removed all of the plastic and foam pieces from the gimbal? I think there can be some tape sitting on it from time to time as well. Have you calibrated the gimbal manually through the app?
2018-5-28
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

It's called JELLO and is explained here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-34408-1-1.html
2018-5-28
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Another classical case of gimbal vibration. Unfortunately, you have to send it to DJI for repairing.
2018-5-28
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

kykphantom Posted at 2018-5-28 12:37
Another classical case of gimbal vibration. Unfortunately, you have to send it to DJI for repairing.

Or he gets himself a prop balancer and checks the props as a first step.
Easiest way to find out might be just using a different set of props.

Sending it in should be the very last option.
Then a problem starts into a nightmare ;-)
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

In most cases, vibrations will be caused by improper assembly. To eliminate vibrations, make sure that the lens support is correctly assembled and that the gimbal is properly balanced, before powering on the unit. If there are still vibrations within your unit after powering on the gimbal, adjust the stiffness of each axis until the vibrations disappear.
2018-5-28
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-28 12:43
In most cases, vibrations will be caused by improper assembly. To eliminate vibrations, make sure that the lens support is correctly assembled and that the gimbal is properly balanced, before powering on the unit. If there are still vibrations within your unit after powering on the gimbal, adjust the stiffness of each axis until the vibrations disappear.

If I am not mistaken, the problem reported was about a Phantom 4 Pro Plus. Your instructions are about what?
2018-5-28
Use props
Christian_Meyer
lvl.2
Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-28 12:43
In most cases, vibrations will be caused by improper assembly. To eliminate vibrations, make sure that the lens support is correctly assembled and that the gimbal is properly balanced, before powering on the unit. If there are still vibrations within your unit after powering on the gimbal, adjust the stiffness of each axis until the vibrations disappear.

I do not understand much, does that mean I should take it to an authorized service?
2018-6-3
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-3 14:33
I do not understand much, does that mean I should take it to an authorized service?

Not yet.
Follow the link in my post # 3.

Natalia was just saying you should make sure you have removed the camera + gimbal protection .
In different words ;-)
2018-6-3
Use props
Christian_Meyer
lvl.2
Chile

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-3 14:38
Not yet.
Follow the link in my post # 3.

I will try to follow that post, because it is in English and I have trouble understanding it a bit. but I think it talks about the balance of the blades?
2018-6-3
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-3 17:05
I will try to follow that post, because it is in English and I have trouble understanding it a bit. but I think it talks about the balance of the blades?

Yes - check your props. Easisiest to do is mount a different set.
If this doesn't help I would check them with a balancer:

2018-6-4
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 01:59
Yes - check your props. Easisiest to do is mount a different set.
If this doesn't help I would check them with a balancer:

I think a model like the one you show here is no good for the P4 series props as there are no hole all the way and the top is not just to pop out.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-4 02:51
I think a model like the one you show here is no good for the P4 series props as there are no hole all the way and the top is not just to pop out.

It actually works perfectly. It comes with a metal rod that fits the hole of the prop.

2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-4 02:51
I think a model like the one you show here is no good for the P4 series props as there are no hole all the way and the top is not just to pop out.

Got that right
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 03:07
It actually works perfectly. It comes with a metal rod that fits the hole of the prop.

[view_image]

But it is not a tight fit. It will wobble on the shaft.
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-28 12:42
Or he gets himself a prop balancer and checks the props as a first step.
Easiest way to find out might be just using a different set of props.

Is it Jello effect Post #3 or out of balance props Post #5 ?
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Were you turning the Aircraft to the left? If, so, the Gimbal will turn into the direction of the turn in anticipation of the turn and then re-center itself.  There is also a gimbal setting that may be enabled in your camera settings that instructs the Gimbal to follow the motion of the Aircraft.
2018-6-4
Use props
Christian_Meyer
lvl.2
Chile

As you can see ... being alone with the propellers working and without flying gives me the same problem.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 04:42
But it is no a tight fit. It will wobble on the shaft.

Wrong.
A very tight fit. It works perfect. I'm not speculating - I have this thing.
2018-6-4
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Cyprus

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-4 05:04
https://youtu.be/SLuZ214jR0Y

As you can see ... being alone with the propellers working and without flying gives me the same problem.

It is the gimbal which vibrates, not the propellers. You need to send it to DJI for gimbal replacement.
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-4 05:04

It is not vibration or jello effect. Your Gimbal is moving to the left and then back again. You could try calibrating the Gimbal ? Do you have the latest firmware installed ?
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 05:20
Wrong.
A very tight fit. It works perfect. I'm not speculating - I have this thing.

Would you please post a photo of the shaft going into the inside of the hub. Where did you get it? Do you have a link for it. I have not been able to find a balancer for the P4P quick release props. What is on the end of the shaft ? Do you have a photo of the end of the shat where it inserts into the hub ? Who is it made by ? I am not trying to give you a hard time. I am interested in it. This is the first that I ahve seen of a balancer for a quick release prop.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 05:29
Would you please post a photo of the shaft going into the inside of the hub. Where did you get it? Do you have a link for it. I have not been able to find a balancer for the P4P quick release props. What is on the end of the shaft ? Do you have a photo of the end of the shat where it inserts into the hub ? Who is it made by ? I am not trying to give you a hard time. I am interested in it. This is the first that I ahve seen of a balancer for a quick release prop.

See below. All these accessories/springs/nuts etc that come with it are not needed. Only the rod that is provided.
It is a tight fit and the rod goes in 6mm [edit: it's actually 8.8mm] so there is no chance the prop sits crooked on it.
You can get it at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=OCDAY+Prop+Balancer+
prop.jpg
2018-6-4
Use props
Christian_Meyer
lvl.2
Chile

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 05:25
It is not vibration or jello effect. Your Gimbal is moving to the left and then back again. You could try calibrating the Gimbal ? Do you have the latest firmware installed ?

If I have calibrated the gimbal several times and the imu also ... and has the latest firmware ..
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 05:50
See below. All these accessories/springs/nuts etc that come with it are not needed. Only the rod that is provided.
It is a tight fit and the rod goes in 6mm [edit: it's actually 8.8mm] so there is no chance the prop sits crooked on it.
You can get it at Amazon:

Thank you or the information. I'll check it out. I didn't realize that the hub was threaded, actually, never thought to look. I did the link, which one do you have?
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-4 05:58
If I have calibrated the gimbal several times and the imu also ... and has the latest firmware ..

Well - I guess it's time then to start a repair case and send it in.
Too bad - I'm sorry for you!
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-4 05:58

I doubt that it is an IMU issue, more of a Gimbal issue. I want to check something and I will get back to you later today.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 06:04
Thank you or the information. I'll check it out. I didn't realize that the hub was threaded, actually, never thought to look.

It is not threaded. Nor is the rod/shaft. You just push it in with little force.
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 06:09
It is not threaded. Nor is the rod/shaft. You just push it in with little force.

If it is not on perfectly straight it will be out of balance.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 06:14
If it is not on perfectly straight it will be out of balance.

There is no way of putting it in not straight. Unless DJI makes crooked prop mounts.
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 06:17
There is no way of putting it in not straight. Unless DJI makes crooked prop mounts.

I feel that there is a strong possibility of that happening. I'll leave the balancer and my props alone.
2018-6-4
Use props
Christian_Meyer
lvl.2
Chile

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 06:07
I doubt that it is an IMU issue, more of a Gimbal issue. I want to check something and I will get back to you later today.

thank you.. I am wait for you
2018-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-4 06:44
thank you.. I am wait for you

Christian, in your Gimbal settings there are two options Follow and FPV. have you tried each one of those to see if the same thing happens?
2018-6-4
Use props
Christian_Meyer
lvl.2
Chile

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-4 11:22
Christian, in your Gimbal settings there are two options Follow and FPV. have you tried each one of those to see if the same thing happens?

My friend, sorry for the delay in answering was with an important workload, well if I try the 2 modes that you indicate and in the 2 it gives me the same problem.
2018-6-6
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-6 06:13
My friend, sorry for the delay in answering was with an important workload, well if I try the 2 modes that you indicate and in the 2 it gives me the same problem.

If it happens in both FPV and Follow, I would try reinstalling the GO 4 App and refresh the latest updates. I really doubt that it is a Hardware problem. Something is telling it to travel left and then back again.
2018-6-6
Use props
Christian_Meyer
lvl.2
Chile

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-6-6 10:14
If it happens in both FPV and Follow, I would try reinstalling the GO 4 App and refresh the latest updates. I really doubt that it is a Hardware problem. Something is telling it to travel left and then back again.

My friend, I finally did the test that you said re install system in the control and actualize it and the problem persisted, because I took it to the DJI store to review warranty.
2018-6-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-7 17:57
My friend, I finally did the test that you said re install system in the control and actualize it and the problem persisted, because I took it to the DJI store to review warranty.

The issue is not able to be seen in your first clip, but it is certain present in the second clip, and it most certainly is jello effect. But it seems to happen when the aircraft is on thje ground, so that suggests that the gimbal is out of adjustment. This can happen if the sensistivity of the gimbal servo system is not set correctly. Unfortunately, it requires that you send it back to DJI to fix.
At the same time, there looks like there is another, seperate issue with the gimbal moving to one side and back again, this is also going to require you to send it in for repair.
2018-6-7
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Christian_Meyer Posted at 2018-6-7 17:57

Well, it was worth a shot. Let me know the outcome.
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules