Spark repair options
1967 8 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tpost02
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116211 ft

Hi, my Spark fell of my balcony yesterday and i sent it in for repairs. I am curious if the cost of the repairs excede the price of a referbished drone if i will have the option to go with just the refirbished and opt not to have it repaired. Also, is there an option to buy a refurbished Spark just the drone, no props, case or battery?

Thanks
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello,

Sorry to hear that. For the cost of repair, it will be emailed to you directly once our engineers have done with our damage assessment. Can you please provide your case number so that I can check it on my end. Thank you.
2018-6-7
Use props
Tpost02
lvl.1

Yes thanks, I knew that part but thanks. What im curious about is whether or not getting a refurbished spark is an option if their damage assessment and repair quote is more than the cost of a refurbished replacement?
2018-6-7
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

If you are selling the damaged SPARK, How much you will sell it for ?  i'm planning to mod  the SPARK for a better battery life.
2018-6-7
Use props
Tpost02
lvl.1

S.J Posted at 2018-6-7 08:57
If you are selling the damaged SPARK, How much you will sell it for ?  i'm planning to mod  the SPARK for a better battery life.

Im not sure I haven't even considered that yet. Ideally I would like to repair it. But as I look at their cost for the parts on the DJI repair page I will be over what they are selling a refurbished drone for.
2018-6-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

The repair on a Spark can be confusing. I have DJI Care Refresh. In hindsight, given the cost today to replace, as lost drones are not covered, it probably makes more sense to assume the cost difference as the risk of losing your Spark, and buy a new one if you crash or lose it?
2018-6-7
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-7 09:35
The repair on a Spark can be confusing. I have DJI Care Refresh. In hindsight, given the cost today to replace, as lost drones are not covered, it probably makes more sense to assume the cost difference as the risk of losing your Spark, and buy a new one if you crash or lose it?

DJI has recently been replacing lost drones due to malfunction under warranty.
Note I stated warranty and not DJI Care Refresh.
That is a different animal.

@Tpost02
$65/hr for service
Gimbal, main body and a few other items are reasonable at about $20-$30 each part.
However, if you damage the main board for example, then yes...refurb would be a better way to go.

But you never know until DJI gets in there.
2018-6-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

pmshop Posted at 2018-6-7 09:48
DJI has recently been replacing lost drones due to malfunction under warranty.
Note I stated warranty and not DJI Care Refresh.
That is a different animal.

I agree, it's difficult to estimate until DJI troubleshoots the drone.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tpost02 Posted at 2018-6-7 08:51
Yes thanks, I knew that part but thanks. What im curious about is whether or not getting a refurbished spark is an option if their damage assessment and repair quote is more than the cost of a refurbished replacement?

I'm afraid not, if the whole drone will need to be replaced, we will send you the quotation, if the quotation is too higher than the refurbished drone, you can request to send it back without repair and then purchase the refurbished one in our online store.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules