Follow Tracking while 4wd/offroad driving + Helix
1028 11 2018-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

Nothing difficult, but shot several clips in the wide open spaces at my local 4wd place, with the Spark active tracking me through the dunes, and getting a couple of Helix quick shots.

2018-6-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool vid   
2018-6-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Very Nice Rick !

Each Video is better than the other. You really make me eager to do something like this with my Landrover !

Those Cooper Tyres are Amazing ! If I had to buy a Jeep I would choose RED like you, I think its the nicest colour !

When using Tracking always make sure you have no obstructions Rick, spend a few moments inspecting well the area you will be Filming Buddy !

2018-6-21
Use props
Wireframe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7441 ft
Germany

Nice vid.
However - am I the only one seeing some discoloration in the sand around the vehicle when it starts moving? Is that the AWB playing tricks with the video?
2018-6-21
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

If it's what I think you're seeing, it's actually shadows coming and going from various layers of clouds.  Winds were high that day... the clouds and their respective shadows were moving pretty quickly.
2018-6-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wireframe Posted at 2018-6-21 07:09
Nice vid.
However - am I the only one seeing some discoloration in the sand around the vehicle when it starts moving? Is that the AWB playing tricks with the video?

I noticed that too - probably due to the shadow created by the jeep.
2018-6-21
Use props
Wireframe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7441 ft
Germany

rick bernotas Posted at 2018-6-21 07:31
If it's what I think you're seeing, it's actually shadows coming and going from various layers of clouds.  Winds were high that day... the clouds and their respective shadows were moving pretty quickly.

Ah, that settles it. I was just wondering is it THAT cloudy or some encoder glitch.
2018-6-21
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Excellent video. Well done!
2018-6-21
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-21 06:36
When using Tracking always make sure you have no obstructions Rick, spend a few moments inspecting well the area you will be Filming Buddy !

Oh we did do that.  This is a fairly wide open area and we were consistently flying at an altitude where it wouldn't have been an issue.

The obstacle avoidance is actually pretty phenomenal and works perfectly about 99% of the time for me.  We did encounter a weird bug in the proximity sensors on the bottom of the Spark though, you can see it towards the end of the video.  We climbed a small hill while using ActiveTrack Circle, and the Spark did not ascend with the increase in elevation of the terrain.  Starts about 7:30 in the video, I caught the Spark skimming just a few inches above the ground at the top, and luckily stopped the ActiveTrack in time.
2018-6-22
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

very nice video, thanks for sharing
2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

rick bernotas Posted at 2018-6-22 06:29
Oh we did do that.  This is a fairly wide open area and we were consistently flying at an altitude where it wouldn't have been an issue.

The obstacle avoidance is actually pretty phenomenal and works perfectly about 99% of the time for me.  We did encounter a weird bug in the proximity sensors on the bottom of the Spark though, you can see it towards the end of the video.  We climbed a small hill while using ActiveTrack Circle, and the Spark did not ascend with the increase in elevation of the terrain.  Starts about 7:30 in the video, I caught the Spark skimming just a few inches above the ground at the top, and luckily stopped the ActiveTrack in time.

Maybe it was the Sand that gave wrong readings to the Spark not to Ascend ?

They make it clear that the Bottom Sensors work best where there is lots of contrast. Even in night time some told me the sensors don't work so well. I think under 20ft the Spark engages the Bottom Sensors like you said, then over 20ft it starts using an Internal Barometer.

For Night I had to create some LED Helipad which will soon start uploading stuff here. Last week I got the Insurance Policy and the Green Light to Fly.

So now I finish some of my work and start Practising, stay tuned as I have really lots of Stuff in my Mind to upload on the Forum ! So you can all make FUN OF ME and CRITICIZE ME !

2018-6-22
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

Here is a flight overview of the place from the air:

2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules