Phantom 3 Problems - Any advice is most welcome
12301 15 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ob1artkid
lvl.1

United States

I received my Phantom 3 Professional last week. I got it from Drone Nerds in Florida who are an official DJI supplier. Before I flew the unit, I updated the unit to the newest firmware which was was released on May 8. Firmware was passed. 0n the first day of flight, it worked fine. I flew it in a local park that that has few people and no buildings, metal objects, or power lines. I've flown here dozens of times before when I had my Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Four days later, on a windy day, I flew my Phantom 3 again in the same park. During the flight, my camera liveview was freezing up and I lost live feed constantly. At one point, the controls did not seem to work so I activated the RTH feature. I thought maybe the strong winds were the issue so I decided not chance it anymore. Today I went to test my Phantom 3 at a different park that has a large metal structure, the Unisphere World Sculpture (which was seen in the Iron Man 2 movie that is at the World's Fair Marina in New York City. There was no wind today and the sculpture actually didn't have a lot of people around so I thought it might be safe to fly and get some cool videos there. When I tried to calibrate my Phantom 3 before flight, the calibration did not work and it said that there was ultramagnetic interference, possibly from a large metal objects. Also, I did not get live feed from the camera and the gimbal camera never turned on. The camera just pointed down. Okay, I thought the sculture was an obvious large metal object so I moved much further away. It still wouldn't calibrate after moving over 1000 feet away and many attempts to calibrate. I gave up and just decided to go to my usual park that I fly at. I was shocked to find that it wouldn't calibrate here where I've flown dozens of times and again the camera and gimbal wouldn't activate. It still said that there was ultramagnetic interference. I then changed to my iphone instead of my usual the Ipad Mini 2. It still wouldn't work. I checked to see if my Phantom 3 would at least fly and I happy to see that it can still fly and and land easily. I just can't record video because the camera and gimbal don't turn on and calbration doesn't work. This happens everwhere I've gone later today. My battery on the drone, Ipad Mini, Iphone and Remote have all been fully charged. I've never crashed my Phantom 3. I've contacted DJI's 24/7 live chat support about the issue an hour ago and I'm waiting to hear back from them. If anyone out there has advice, I'm all ears.

Brian Solinsky  

2015-5-16
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you turn your device into airplane mode when you flew?

I do have a feeling that the P3 is sensitive to certain Wifi networks - mine lost FPV and said disconnected twice while on my street (maybe 8-10 wireless routers within 800 feet) while it never did so out at my fields.

One guy lost his in the Charles River - I suspect interference in that case.....thousands of signals from the apartments and condos and science centers and MIT, etc.

You may be able to tweak the channels and settings in the app for how the lightbridge communicates......I turned down the rates on mine since I have a small device and don't care about super hi-res FPV.
2015-5-16
Use props
ob1artkid
lvl.1

United States

How do you tweek the channels and settings in the app. I also don't need super high res FPV. I just want the footage I shoot to be high res. Is there a youtube video that shows you how to do this. Maybe that's why I can't seem to get Livefeed.
2015-5-16
Use props
ob1artkid
lvl.1

United States

I was flying in P mode but I can't get live feed or calibration.
2015-5-16
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

ob1artkid Posted at 2015-5-17 12:00
How do you tweek the channels and settings in the app. I also don't need super high res FPV. I just  ...

Brian here is a tutorial on adjusting the channels and also raising or lowering the bit rate. The guy is a little comical, but does provide good information:
2015-5-16
Use props
luniticvic
lvl.1

United States

DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A DISGRACE. 1ST They ship with outdated firmware. I tried to call dji and was on hold 1.5 hrs. and never got through. next their pilot app keep freeing mid flight. tried to call twice and this is the message I got '' we are to busy to answer our phones, call back later. REALLY DJI REALLY  Next google started quitting mid flight on my tablet and I got an error message. this time online the reps tell me their engineers say my google nexus 7 2nd gen is not compatible with their pilot app. yet they list it on their download page. now after shutting down everything and starting over 30 min. later 10 min. into a flight the take off message and voice comes up on the flight app and tells me im taking off, this while I was 300 ft. up. i think the new tablet works fine cause half the time everything works like it is suppose to. DJI IF YOUR LISTENING. IT IS VERY HARD TO ENJOY YOUR PRODUCT WHEN EVERY TIME WE SEND THEM UP WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOOSING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. And just for the record I take care of things for a living. VERY VERY EXPENCIVE THINGS. And I am trying to take good care of this aircraft. HELP ME PLEASE. So next time I take the time to write it might be something good about dji and their products
2015-7-21
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Hey, have u done a good IMU calibration? Send me a m
2015-7-21
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Hey did u do a good IMU calibration? Send me an email and I all contact you and help you do one it is easy and will help get rid of many issues
2015-7-21
Use props
avinash69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 986644 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

today i had a bad crash with my phanthom3 pro....i had 17 sats and all green to go..i went about 50 ft and taking pictures..i was up in the air for about 9 min...all of a sudden i lost all control and it came spiraling down towards earth!!! boom!! crashed...i usually fly about 200 ft without any problem its was really a beautiful flyer...i was really proud of being a owner of one of the best toys i ever had....after it crashed i worried about if this had hit a car or a person?? i am a avid rc flyer and we have insurance for rc planes etc..all day i have been emailing dji and i have been emailing with sophie...i have been sent an survey report yesterday which i didnt fill out...depending on how this incident is handled then i can asses the dji performance...i have two minds on owning a dji now for this really shooked me up...i guess sometime knowing too much is bad...legal implications if it did hit someone...i will keep yall posted on what they said the problem was...i dont have a video as that was the purpose of the drone..to take videos ,not me to take videos of it..definetly not my fault...so let see how it goes...avinash inalsingh
2016-1-11
Use props
TOROMBO
lvl.1

United States

Here is a video from North Miami !

hope everyone enjoys!
2016-1-11
Use props
rhandry
New

Madagascar

rayrokni Posted at 2015-7-22 07:28
Hey did u do a good IMU calibration? Send me an email and I all contact you and help you do one it i ...

Hello Rayrokni,

I have some trouble with my phantom 3 pro.
I just start the engine and it make its cheking with gimbal etc....
After everything is started, the camera just pointed down after 5 seconds. And after I got yellow led and lose my live view and cannot do nothing.

would you help me? do you have any advice?

Regards,

Andry
2016-4-21
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer

rhandry Posted at 2016-4-22 00:22
Hello Rayrokni,

what fw are you running on the P3, the Controller and what OS and what app version, please
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

rhandry Posted at 2016-4-22 00:22
Hello Rayrokni,

Can you post a video clip of what you are experiencing.
Also, with everything powered on, post a screenshot of the overall status page and also the about page.
2016-4-22
Use props
rhandry
New

Madagascar

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-22 20:49
Can you post a video clip of what you are experiencing.
Also, with everything powered on, post a s ...

Hello,
thank you for the response, finally my problem is similar to this one
The matter is that the camera has no signal and the camera and gimbal do not respond and release

The firmware versions are:
- aircraft : 1.8
- Dji Go app: 2.6
- RC :1.07

Regards

Andry
2016-4-29
Use props
rhandry
New

Madagascar

rayrokni Posted at 2016-4-22 09:56
what fw are you running on the P3, the Controller and what OS and what app version, please

Hello,

These are versions:

Aircraft: 1.8
Dji Go app: 2.6
RC: 1.07

we tried to upgrade the RC to the 1.3 firmware found on the website of DJI but it doesn't want it seems downgrade when the 1.07 is already installed

Regards

Andry
2016-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules